Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    There's no better way to say it, I'm kvelling...

https://www.espn.com/olympics/basket...old-medal-game

"There were a lot of guys on this team that had straight faces and were ready to play when we were down 15 [points], strong faces is what Pop said," said Durant, referencing a concept former USA coach Mike Krzyzewski fostered and current coach Gregg Popovich reinforced about playing through adversity.
    Jrue Holiday has had a very good year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Jrue Holiday has had a very good year.
    His rise to stardom from what folks considered a questionable trade by Milwaukee has been quite impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    His rise to stardom from what folks considered a questionable trade by Milwaukee has been quite impressive.
    And now folks can't understand why the Pels let him go.

If you didn’t get up early to watch France vs. Slovenia, I sure hope there’s a replay. The game of the tournament.

I think we have already had the stupid US game vs France. (Bill Simmons termed it the "No freaking way!!!!!" game). Durant got in major foul trouble and he's your dude. You make one shot or get one rebound and you win that game not playing your best. Instead the game got stupid. If Durant goes for 25 plus in the gold medal game then all you need is either Holiday, Tatum, or Booker to go off. Or any other dude but those are the most likely guys. If you get 50 from Durant and one other dude then you have to like your chances. In a compressed calendar with an All-Star team, especially a more talented roster, I would argue that offense is more important than defense. If you go get buckets and approach 100 points the other team is going to struggle to match you.

Relieved and excited that USA won! Will have to watch the replay when it becomes available tomorrow.

Lot of respect to Australia, they've got a strong program. Mills + Dellavedova + Baynes + Ingles (plus Bogut previously) are the heart of that team, and I really hope they're able to finally capture that elusive medal. Future is bright (especially if Simmons ever shows up for them), but this is a last shot for the old core. Will be pulling for them over this young Slovene team that will have more chances as long as Luka continues to play in international competition.

For the gold medal game--let's crush France. They've beaten us twice in a row, but here is the time to show what USA is capable of. Hopefully this will be like 2014 and 2016, where USA scraped by in close games to make the finals, and then blitzed Serbia to win gold. Feeling this could be the game Lillard finally goes off. And with a 10:30 PM start time on the East Coast, I'll actually get to watch it live!

Probably have to eat a little crow after saying I thought this team couldn’t get it done. They’ve been down deeper into the game than you’d like, but their 2nd half runs (and late 2nd quarter runs) have been really good.

Their shooting and defense is remarkable. 41% 3pt shooting and a -33 advantage in TOs vs opponents.

Glad to see the team coming together. Let's go crush France.

Also, maybe it's just me, but something about Bob Fitzgerald (play by play guy) irks me. He does the Warriors during the year, and his shtick ("off iron", "rails it in") gets really old.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    Probably have to eat a little crow after saying I thought this team couldn’t get it done. They’ve been down deeper into the game than you’d like, but their 2nd half runs (and late 2nd quarter runs) have been really good.

Their shooting and defense is remarkable. 41% 3pt shooting and a -33 advantage in TOs vs opponents.
    It would be great to see them put together two solid halves of basketball.

It would be great to see them put together two solid halves of basketball.
    They have! Oh...did you mean consecutively?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    They have! Oh...did you mean consecutively?
    I think Mtn.Devil meant not just consecutively, but actually in the same game. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    Glad to see the team coming together. Let's go crush France.

Also, maybe it's just me, but something about Bob Fitzgerald (play by play guy) irks me. He does the Warriors during the year, and his shtick ("off iron", "rails it in") gets really old.
    When is the USA-France game and where will it be telecast?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Luke dishes last second to a streaking teammate for a layup to win. Layup swatted by Batum, game over, France wins.
    Fantastic game. Just fantastic. Doncic triple double. Didn't shoot great, but got his team any shot they wanted in this game. He is simply brilliant. And France is very good.
    Luka is the next LeBron. He has a triple-double in Olympic play, just like LeBron. He gave up the final shot in a losing effort, just like LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    He gave up the final shot in a losing effort, just like LeBron.
    Haha. This guy. 😂 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Luka is the next LeBron. He has a triple-double in Olympic play, just like LeBron. He gave up the final shot in a losing effort, just like LeBron.
    TIL Skip Bayless is a member of DBR

Basketball Gold Medal 10:30 pm Eastern on Friday night.

Hope its not Peacock streaming😣

Oh, hey, I might make it up for that one!

I cant lie. Vince is really good calling games.

I cant lie. Vince is really good calling games.
    Agreed.