Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I created an Offseason Thread that includes several scheduling updates. Here is what the non-conference schedule currently looks like:

11/9 vs. Kentucky (Champions Classic, New York City)
    11/12-13 Duke Tournament vs. Army/Campbell/Hartford (2 of 3)
    11/22 vs. The Citadel
    11/26 vs. Gonzaga (Las Vegas, NV)
    TBD @ Michigan State (payback for them playing at CIS in 2020, presumably not part of the ACC-B1G Challenge)
    TBD @ B1G Team (Michigan, Ohio State, or Purdue are my guesses)

While there are no dates, here are the ACC matchups:

Away Only: Boston College, Louisville, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh
    Home Only: Georgia Tech, Miami, NC State, Virginia Tech
    Home & Away: Clemson, Florida State, Syracuse, UNC, Virginia, Wake Forest

That's 27 of the 31 games, so 4 more non-conference games to schedule.

Wonder if Coach K will get a final game in Chicago - maybe the ACC/B1G classic in Chicago vs Chris Collins and Northwestern?

Quote Originally Posted by HCheek37 View Post
    Wonder if Coach K will get a final game in Chicago - maybe the ACC/B1G classic in Chicago vs Chris Collins and Northwestern?
    I doubt we play NWestern, but it is not at all unlikely that we could play Ohio State or Michigan and the game could be played in Chicago. Purdue, which is only about 2 hours from Chicago, could also be a good choice.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I doubt we play NWestern, but it is not at all unlikely that we could play Ohio State or Michigan and the game could be played in Chicago. Purdue, which is only about 2 hours from Chicago, could also be a good choice.
    Would Michigan or Ohio St be willing to give up a home game for this though? Similarly, would Coach K give up a home game for Chicago?

I'm just crossing my fingers for a non-con NC State game in Raleigh.

I’m kinda hoping for Maryland in the ACC/BT Challenge, one last time for K.

Chicago might be meaningful to K but I’d almost wonder if Indy might be equally as special.

I also wish they could get one last game in Greensboro (well, actually wish that the ACCT) was there next year but even one more game would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Would Michigan or Ohio St be willing to give up a home game for this though? Similarly, would Coach K give up a home game for Chicago?
    I don't think any Big 10 team would surrender home court advantage just to do K and Duke a favor. Maybe Northwestern, but there's virtually no chance we'd be matched up with them in the Challenge, though I guess a non-conference game is always a possibility.

I'm actually hoping that we play at Michigan in the Challenge. A lot of great battles at the Crisler Center, and between the programs generally, over the years. And having Juwan Howard as the Wolverine coach now ties in the historical rivalry even more.
    Though we'd have to endure weeks of Jalen Rose reliving all his perceived slights from Duke back in the day (and I'm a fan of Rose these days).

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    I don't think any Big 10 team would surrender home court advantage just to do K and Duke a favor. Maybe Northwestern, but there's virtually no chance we'd be matched up with them in the Challenge, though I guess a non-conference game is always a possibility.

I'm actually hoping that we play at Michigan in the Challenge. A lot of great battles at the Crisler Center, and between the programs generally, over the years. And having Juwan Howard as the Wolverine coach now ties in the historical rivalry even more.
    Though we'd have to endure weeks of Jalen Rose reliving all his perceived slights from Duke back in the day (and I'm a fan of Rose these days).
    Yup, I've been saying a Michigan-Duke matchup in the ACC-B1G makes way too much sense for ESPN not to push for it, and it makes even more sense now with it being K's last season. Think of all the storylines of K playing Michigan again with Howard at the helm. ESPN can also hype up the matchup between two of the best bigs in the country (assuming, as most are, that Dickinson is just testing the NBA waters and returns for his sophomore campaign). There would also be three likely lottery picks in that matchup, with Michigan's Caleb Houstan alongside our Banchero and Griffin.

And while it would be better for us to have such a game in Cameron, I'm hoping it's in Ann Arbor... because that means I should get to be there
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

While schools get some say in the makeup of Big Ten-ACC Challenge games, ESPN and the conferences themselves have the final word, I believe. If ESPN really wants to give K a symbolic farewell in Chicago against Michigan or whoever* then it is gonna happen.

*- I think Purdue is a really likely choice. They are a top tier Big Ten team and the Purdue campus is only 2 hours from Chicago.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Well

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Yup, I've been saying a Michigan-Duke matchup in the ACC-B1G makes way too much sense for ESPN not to push for it, and it makes even more sense now with it being K's last season. Think of all the storylines of K playing Michigan again with Howard at the helm. ESPN can also hype up the matchup between two of the best bigs in the country (assuming, as most are, that Dickinson is just testing the NBA waters and returns for his sophomore campaign). There would also be three likely lottery picks in that matchup, with Michigan's Caleb Houstan alongside our Banchero and Griffin.

And while it would be better for us to have such a game in Cameron, I'm hoping it's in Ann Arbor... because that means I should get to be there
    Given Juwan Howard's record (as a player) against Duke and Coach K, I'd be fine with this matchup.

Need 2 tickets for last game next year, in Cameron vs. uncheat. Willing to consider paying more than face value. Anyone have an extra 2??

Seriously, I wonder what the going price will be for a ticket for that game. How much would you pay??

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    Need 2 tickets for last game next year, in Cameron vs. uncheat. Willing to consider paying more than face value. Anyone have an extra 2??

Seriously, I wonder what the going price will be for a ticket for that game. How much would you pay??
    I'm guessing that prices will be record setting, and will hold that record for years.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

However much I'd be willing to pay, based on my income, I expect how much I'm ABLE to pay wouldn't be enough.

Are you that desperate to be at Joey Baker's senior night?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I was offered $4000 for my two tickets in the parking lot for the Zion Williamson Carolina game. 38 seconds in, I wondered about turning it down.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieTiger View Post
    I’m kinda hoping for Maryland in the ACC/BT Challenge, one last time for K.

Chicago might be meaningful to K but I’d almost wonder if Indy might be equally as special.

I also wish they could get one last game in Greensboro (well, actually wish that the ACCT) was there next year but even one more game would be fun.
    NOT Merlin; not now not ever.

"We are never ever ever getting back together ..."

Quote Originally Posted by TywinBlue View Post
    NOT Merlin; not now not ever.

"We are never ever ever getting back together ..."
    We were on a BREAK!

Quote Originally Posted by dm9e24 View Post
    I was offered $4000 for my two tickets in the parking lot for the Zion Williamson Carolina game. 38 seconds in, I wondered about turning it down.
    A friend of mine was at the 1999 final four and was offered $5k for his ticket to the final. This was a lot more money back then, and we were college students. I admire his dedication in turning down the offer, but after the game I'm sure he regretted it.

The final game against UNC will set records for sure. I have no idea how the line monitors will regulate the students, given the problems they've already had with frats cutting the lines. My secret wish is that Roy will come out of retirement for that one game so he and K can go head to head one last time.

Quote Originally Posted by dm9e24 View Post
    My wife paid $4000 for me to go to the Zion UNC game. Not as good as the Winthrop (I think) game, but you can’t have everything. Hey Billas- that one disappointed. And yes, I would pay that again for Joey Baker’s senior night!!

Quote Originally Posted by kidA View Post
    My wife paid $4000 for me to go to the Zion UNC game. Not as good as the Winthrop (I think) game, but you can’t have everything. Hey Billas- that one disappointed. And yes, I would pay that again for Joey Baker’s senior night!!
    You married well.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013