Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

2021-2022 Duke Basketball Schedule

I looked through the first five pages of threads on the board and didn't see anything about next season's schedule taking form yet, so thought I would start something (mods, feel free to relocate if I've missed it)...Jon Rothstein just put out that Duke will host its own MTE in Durham next season. It's a real murderer's row of opponents: Army, Hartford, and Campbell.

With the Champs Classic (UK), ACC-B1G Challenge, and Zags in Vegas we'll have a solid nonconference schedule shaping up already, but this should be some more cannon fodder in Cameron for the season ticket holders to, ummmmm, enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    I looked through the first five pages of threads on the board and didn't see anything about next season's schedule taking form yet, so thought I would start something (mods, feel free to relocate if I've missed it)...Jon Rothstein just put out that Duke will host its own MTE in Durham next season. It's a real murderer's row of opponents: Army, Hartford, and Campbell.

With the Champs Classic (UK), ACC-B1G Challenge, and Zags in Vegas we'll have a solid nonconference schedule shaping up already, but this should be some more cannon fodder in Cameron for the season ticket holders to, ummmmm, enjoy.
    Will they revive the Iron Duke’s Classic name, last used in something like 1982?

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Will they revive the Iron Duke’s Classic name, last used in something like 1982?
    It was late 1981, 81-82 season. I was there. Lost to Davidson first night, Beat Auburn the next night. Lots of empty seats that last night. I wound up sitting & chatting with Bob Bender. Such a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    With the Champs Classic (UK), ACC-B1G Challenge, and Zags in Vegas we'll have a solid nonconference schedule shaping up already.
    I believe we have committed to play at Mich St this year as a return for them playing in Cameron this past season. Not part of the Big Ten-ACC Challenge.

And, I'll register my prediction right now... Duke is getting either Ohio St or Michigan in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge. I dunno why, but I am feeling Ohio State, even though I think Michigan (with echoes of Duke against the Fab Five from the 1990s) would be the bigger TV matchup.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    That competition is not worthy of the Iron Duke's Classic designation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    That competition is not worthy of the Iron Duke's Classic designation.
    The cynic in me says to get used to it for the remainder of the K era: NYC tournament for 2 games or DIY in Cameron or NY/NJ. Duke has been very consistent the past 25 years for non-conference games: Cameron = away/neutral + 1. Every once in a while it's +2 instead of +1.

Will we be allowed to attend games in Cameron this fall/winter is what I want to know! It has been 9ish years since I saw a game at Cameron in person and I’m beginning to get the itch ...

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Will we be allowed to attend games in Cameron this fall/winter is what I want to know! It has been 9ish years since I saw a game at Cameron in person and I’m beginning to get the itch ...
    It’s been just a little over a year for me, and I have a full blown rash.

Will Duke try to schedule a trip to the Pacific Northwest to showcase Banchero ? Keeping in mind that they already have Gonzaga in Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Will Duke try to schedule a trip to the Pacific Northwest to showcase Banchero ? Keeping in mind that they already have Gonzaga in Vegas.
    K usually only does that for seniors if they haven't traveled to play in their area before then. He doesn't go out of his way to do it for freshmen.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    In Dre Dawkins' pod interview with him, Paolo explicitly says that the Vegas matchup is the only "west coast" game the team will have this season, which he's really looking forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    K usually only does that for seniors if they haven't traveled to play in their area before then. He doesn't go out of his way to do it for freshmen.
    If I recall correctly, back when everybody stuck around to become a senior, he would schedule a game in each senior's home area during his senior season (best he could) regardless if we had already played there during the player's career. I loved that tradition. It was also a time when we played a lot more interesting non conference games in general, and this tradition contributed to it.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    If I recall correctly, back when everybody stuck around to become a senior, he would schedule a game in each senior's home area during his senior season (best he could) regardless if we had already played there during the player's career. I loved that tradition. It was also a time when we played a lot more interesting non conference games in general, and this tradition contributed to it.
    Hey, the tradition ain't dead!

We will be honoring Fayetteville, NC native Joey Baker with numerous games in the state of North Carolina this year. I suspect we will be doing the same next season when Concorde, NC's Wendell Moore is a senior.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

We will be honoring Fayetteville, NC native Joey Baker with numerous games in the state of North Carolina this year. I suspect we will be doing the same next season when Concorde, NC's Wendell Moore is a senior.
    Yeah, but how about this for favoritism: I hear K is going to schedule more than half of Dukes games in the place his grandson was born for his senior season.

What about when Duke went to Las Vegas to play UNLV... Chase Jeter was from Las Vegas. I think he was a freshman or sophomore... I went to that game. Chase even started the game, if I recall correctly...

It was announced a few days ago that Duke will be hosting a MTE with Army, Hartford, and Campbell. It’s not clear whether they’ll face two of those opponents or all three.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    It was announced a few days ago that Duke will be hosting a MTE with Army, Hartford, and Campbell. It’s not clear whether they’ll face two of those opponents or all three.
    Whoopee.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    So look forward to the atmosphere when we get to see a packed out Cameron Indoor again. Will be even more electric than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    It's such an incredible lineup of teams that it was the impetus for this entire thread!

We don't fancy it up, Jason, it's just Concord, NC.

Belated salute to JE for this sneaky comment, some combo of hope, snark, realism, prediction, sarcasm, cynicism, naiveté. The word “suspect” is charming.