Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Duke Peloton Ride!

Does anyone have a Peloton or use the Peloton app to spin? If so, and if you're interested in riding with other Duke alums and Duke families, stay tuned.
    I'm helping to plan an "on-demand" ride on Sunday, September 13th along with some regional Duke Clubs from around the country -- save the date! I'll post specific details about the ride soon. We'll likely be riding with the Peloton hashtag #ForeverDuke. If you'd like to be included on an email list for more regular updates about these rides, let me know! But I will definitely post the details of the rides here!

Quote Originally Posted by NickSuperina View Post
    Does anyone have a Peloton or use the Peloton app to spin? If so, and if you're interested in riding with other Duke alums and Duke families, stay tuned.
    I'm helping to plan an "on-demand" ride on Sunday, September 13th along with some regional Duke Clubs from around the country -- save the date! I'll post specific details about the ride soon. We'll likely be riding with the Peloton hashtag #ForeverDuke. If you'd like to be included on an email list for more regular updates about these rides, let me know! But I will definitely post the details of the rides here!
    Love it! I will plan to join, and would love to be included in updates.

Interested!

Quote Originally Posted by WillJ View Post
    Interested!
    That sounds fun

I am thinking seriously on getting one. Any advise?
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Get good shoes. Your butt will hurt at first, but it gets better. Oh and watch videos about how to set up the seat position. Almost everyone sets the seat too low, often way too low.

I absolutely love mine. It has made it very easy to get a good workout every day, even when really busy, because you can pick any length class at any time of the day.
    You can order an optional package that includes the shoes (you need bike shoes with Delta cleats, in case you want to get your own). The package also includes a mat for under the bike (nice for keeping the floor clean), heart rate monitor and light weights. I thought the package was worth the extra money.
    Think about where you want to locate the bike. Unless you have a home gym, you might want to put it in a place that is easily accessible (and maybe has a nice view) so it is really easy to hop on the bike. Once you get it, try a bunch of different instructors and types of classes. If you have not done spin classes, they have a beginners program that will get you familiar with the bike and the metrics...the metrics are a lot of fun and very motivating!

Thanks for everyone's interest! I'm going to post the ride details early next week!

I've had mine for 20 months and have gotten a lot out of it for the money.

Hi everyone, we just created a "Duke Peloton" Facebook group which you can join at the link below!
    We'll be announcing rides on the Facebook group but I'll also be sure to list the rides on this DBR thread!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7263...942/?ref=share

Quote Originally Posted by WillJ View Post
    Interested!
    Hi everyone, we just created a "Duke Peloton" Facebook group which you can join at the link below!
    We'll be announcing rides on the Facebook group but I'll also be sure to list the rides on this DBR thread!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7263...942/?ref=share

Hi everyone, our first "Duke Peloton" ride will be this Sunday, September 13th at 10:30am ET / 7:30am PT! Join us for Cody Rigsby's 45-minute "on-demand" Pop Ride from 9/5/19 this Sunday, September 13th at 10:30am ET / 7:30am PT! Just search for this specific class and be sure to join the class right at 10:30am ET so that we can all start around the same time! Make sure to add the #ForeverDuke hashtag to your Peloton profile! Go Duke!

For more info or for info about future rides, you can join our Duke Peloton Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/7263...942/?ref=share

Quote Originally Posted by NickSuperina View Post
    Hi everyone, our first "Duke Peloton" ride will be this Sunday, September 13th at 10:30am ET / 7:30am PT! Join us for Cody Rigsby's 45-minute "on-demand" Pop Ride from 9/5/19 this Sunday, September 13th at 10:30am ET / 7:30am PT! Just search for this specific class and be sure to join the class right at 10:30am ET so that we can all start around the same time! Make sure to add the #ForeverDuke hashtag to your Peloton profile! Go Duke!

For more info or for info about future rides, you can join our Duke Peloton Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/7263...942/?ref=share
    My wife is the Peloton rider in our house. For the record, she LOVES Cody but HATES Duke. I'm guessing she will NOT ride with the Duke group. (but I have sent the email to her). Ugh.

Very fun class! Let’s do this regularly!

You're all invited to our next Duke Peloton ride this Saturday, Sept. 26th at 11:00am ET / 8:00am PT! We'll be doing Leanne Hainsby's "on-demand" 45-minute 2010s Ride from 9/4/20! You can "RSVP" to the ride by clicking the Facebook event link below! Remember to ride using the #ForeverDuke tag!
    https://fb.me/e/1qxm81oTW

And join our Duke Peloton Facebook group here!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/726353051248942/

If you're interested in receiving one of these "Duke Peloton" stickers, join our Facebook group for more details! #ForeverDuke

www.facebook.com/groups/726353051248942/

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 9.52.16 AM.jpg

Join us on Saturday, Nov. 7th for our inaugural Duke-UNC Rivalry Peloton ride!

To commemorate the Duke UNC rivalry, we are doing a Duke-UNC rivalry ride on Saturday, November 7th at 11:00 am eastern time (which is also the day of the Duke UNC football game).

Duke alums/fans should use the #ForeverDuke hashtag as their leaderboard tag and UNC alums/fans should use the #tourdecarolina hashtag as their leaderboard tag. We will compare the total outputs of the Duke riders vs. the UNC riders to see who wins! Join the Duke Peloton Facebook Group for more details on this ride and future rides!

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...e-unc-football

Any news on Saturday's ride?

I was thinking of joining, as a (quarantine bubble) family member has a Peloton. It would be my first ride on a Pelly, but I think I'd be up for the challenge!
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

I’d like to hear as well (not on Facebook so can’t get the updates there).

The Duke uNC Rivalry Ride is Saturday February 6th at 11:00 AM Eastern Time.

Search Jess King's "on demand" 45 minute Sweat Steady Ride from 8/8/20 and join at 11:00 AM

Use the #ForeverDuke hashtag

Go Duke!!!

9F!!!