Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm a classic U2 man myself. Two hearts are no longer beating as one.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Interesting. Regardless, it’s clear they still haven’t found what they’re looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Perhaps that’s because the streets have no name.
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    They had: One life, but they're not the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    It's a Beautiful Day!
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    I'm a classic U2 man myself. Two hearts are no longer beating as one.
    Come on people, have some Pride!

(In The Name of Love)
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

I guess their marriage got the blue screen of death. Have they tried turning it off and turning it back on?

I read somewhere that their oldest kid turned 18. They wouldn't be the first couple to split as soon as the nest was empty. In all seriousness I hope they find joy in the next stage of their life. Divorce is tough even when you are on good terms and have settled all the money issues. It can also be an opportunity to make positive change to fill the space now available.

I was reading Warren Buffett's biography recently and his wife left him in the last 1970s but they never got divorced. She actually recruited the woman who is now Warren's second wife to move into Warren's house in Omaha when she moved out.

Quote Originally Posted by chris13 View Post
    ...I was reading Warren Buffett's biography recently and his wife left him in the last 1970s but they never got divorced. She actually recruited the woman who is now Warren's second wife to move into Warren's house in Omaha when she moved out.
    Ah yep. The very rich and those very different ways they have
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by chris13 View Post
    I guess their marriage got the blue screen of death. Have they tried turning it off and turning it back on?

I read somewhere that their oldest kid turned 18. They wouldn't be the first couple to split as soon as the nest was empty. In all seriousness I hope they find joy in the next stage of their life. Divorce is tough even when you are on good terms and have settled all the money issues. It can also be an opportunity to make positive change to fill the space now available.

I was reading Warren Buffett's biography recently and his wife left him in the last 1970s but they never got divorced. She actually recruited the woman who is now Warren's second wife to move into Warren's house in Omaha when she moved out.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Ah yep. The very rich and those very different ways they have
    Ah, yes, money can buy you many things in our society, including funding interesting "lifestyle" arrangements. Yes, Warren's first wife, Susan Thompson, (they married in 1952) "left him" in the 1970's and moved to San Francisco (if I had the money, I too would get the hell out of Omaha to go to CA!) to pursue her singing career (although Warren and his first wife continued to see each other on occasion and vacationed together and they never officially divorced) and she apparently had a long-term relationship in CA with a tennis instructor. Warren's first wife did introduce him to a Latvian immigrant, Astrid, who worked as a hostess at the restaurant in Omaha where Susan sometime sang and Astrid moved in with Warren to be his "companion". Astrid and Warren later married in 2006, after Susan had passed away from cancer in 2004. Apparently, Warren was somewhat stunned when he found out that his first wife had left the "tennis instructor" $10 million (money ultimately from Warren, of course) in her will (for that sort of money, I hope the tennis instructor improved her backhand!!).

It's interesting because I have watched many interviews with Warren Buffett and he almost always tells people that one of the most important decisions you make in your life is who you associate with (your friends, work colleagues, etc) and, most importantly, who you choose to be your spouse. I've heard him say this over and over, especially to young people who ask his advice on how to be successful in life.

See link below for more information on Warren's "interesting" personal history:

https://www.insider.com/warren-buffe...me-together-15

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    [/B]

Ah, yes, money can buy you many things in our society, including funding interesting "lifestyle" arrangements. Yes, Warren's first wife, Susan Thompson, (they married in 1952) "left him" in the 1970's and moved to San Francisco (if I had the money, I too would get the hell out of Omaha to go to CA!) to pursue her singing career (although Warren and his first wife continued to see each other on occasion and vacationed together and they never officially divorced) and she apparently had a long-term relationship in CA with a tennis instructor. Warren's first wife did introduce him to a Latvian immigrant, Astrid, who worked as a hostess at the restaurant in Omaha where Susan sometime sang and Astrid moved in with Warren to be his "companion". Astrid and Warren later married in 2006, after Susan had passed away from cancer in 2004. Apparently, Warren was somewhat stunned when he found out that his first wife had left the "tennis instructor" $10 million (money ultimately from Warren, of course) in her will (for that sort of money, I hope the tennis instructor improved her backhand!!).

It's interesting because I have watched many interviews with Warren Buffett and he almost always tells people that one of the most important decisions you make in your life is who you associate with (your friends, work colleagues, etc) and, most importantly, who you choose to be your spouse. I've heard him say this over and over, especially to young people who ask his advice on how to be successful in life.

When I found out my ex was going to leave $10 of my money to her pickleball instructor, I was incensed! OTOH, it's good to know Warren and I have something in common.

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    [/B]

I was rereading Snowball, the Buffett biography published in 2009 with his cooperation. I believe his first wife left Omaha when their oldest child left for college. Warren and Susie seemed to find an arrangement that worked best for them and their family. Fascinating characters, both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    She does have huge tracts of land.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I think Bill just wants to sing.

That is his own particular idiom.

That is his own particular idiom.
    So...who is Lancelot in this scenario? Just to bring things full circle: Bono? Because he's the bad boy billionaire with a name that hits you in olfactory: Musk?

Did you know this before making that reference? If so, well done, just a real nice bow tie.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Did you know this before making that reference? If so, well done, just a real nice bow tie.
    378 square miles of agricultural land and over 400 square miles total? That's a lot of fence line to maintain.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    378 square miles of agricultural land and over 400 square miles total? That's a lot of fence line to maintain.
    Lots of places for the grouse to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    So much for Office romances...

Defenestration made me chuckle. Well done.
    The one I heard is that they've already decided how to divide the assets.

Melinda gets the house; Bill gets to keep the Windows (only 10?)...

Land rich, cash poor?

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Land rich, cash poor?
    It’s a nice allowance so long and it lasts.

And I’m told there are jewels.

Twitter is “blowing up” about the divorce supposedly being tied to his connections with Epstein... I don’t follow this stuff often but figured someone in here might.

https://apple.news/AprPoCYgHSBmikfpD4EZJCg
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking