Welcome to Kansas City, Noah Gray!

Noah Gray was just selected by the Kansas City Chiefs - 5th round, #162.

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Noah Gray was just selected by the Kansas City Chiefs - 5th round, #162.

Congratulations!
    what a great team to play for at his position...

Congratulations! Noah Gray landed in a great spot.
    Bob Green

I’m a little disappointed for Noah. Travis Kelce has that position on lockdown. Kelce is 31 so he has a few more years if he doesn’t get hurt. Hopefully Noah can stick around and learn behind Kelce and play in some of the two tight end sets. I would have preferred he land on a team without an all pro playing the same position.

Kelce is 31. Not saying Gray is going to replace him any time soon, but KC will at least want to cut back on how many downs their all-pro TE plays in coming seasons.

The current backup TE in KC is a 2nd year pro who caught a grand total of 6 passes last season. He was an undrafted free agent in 2018 who has bounced around the league a bit.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Two things. First, KC traded up to get Gray. It’s the 5th round, sure, but it still means they knew specifically who they wanted to back up Kelce.

And the world noticed: according to Vegas, KC is now the favorite to win the Super Bowl (okay, an extensive, obsessional historical review might conclude they were the favorites last week as well, but still).

Imagine it's third and eight and Mahomes actually throws it to Gray beyond the first down marker. It could be disorienting at first...but I think this is a great fit...https://arrowheadaddict.com/2021/04/...ment-question/

The article notes that it might be time for the Chiefs to make a tight end investment, and Voila.

Congratulations to Noah!

Fun to see folks here from all over the country getting to cheer on some of these Duke guys while they play for their favorite/hometown teams. I've been hoping for something like that with the Panthers with a couple painful near-misses.

Good press for Noah up on ESPN today
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ll-32-teams#KC

The fifth-round draft pick has impressed the Chiefs with his smarts, pass catching and route running. With the Chiefs looking to keep Travis Kelce fresh over the course of a 17-game schedule, it's easy to see how Gray could get a significant amount of playing time, both in occasionally replacing Kelce and as part of multiple-tight-end formations

Really awesome for Noah, shame we couldn't showcase him more while he was at Duke.

I said it when DJ got drafted, I think the fact that we have guys turning heads at the NFL level who simply didn't get the opportunity to perform in college hurts our recruiting efforts more than it helps them.