Bill King Fundraiser Question

Hello! My father is a duke alum and saw the story about Bill King and would like to donate a reasonably substantial amount of money to his fundraiser. He has asked me to find out if anyone knows where or how this can be made as a charitable organization for tax purposes. GoFundMe is not a qualified charitable organization so he would like to make sure the money is specifically for the Bill King situation but as a qualified charity. Please let me know if anyone has more information or a contact number where my father can find out more. Thanks everyone! Go Duke!

It is not a registered charity. Sorry.

Support is still welcome, though!

-jk

From IRS Pub 526:

"Contributions You Can't Deduct
    Contributions to individuals who are needy or worthy. You can't deduct these contributions even if you make them to a qualified organization for the benefit of a specific person. But you can deduct a contribution to a qualified organization that helps needy or worthy individuals if you don't indicate that your contribution is for a specific person."

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    From IRS Pub 526:

"Contributions You Can't Deduct
    Contributions to individuals who are needy or worthy. You can't deduct these contributions even if you make them to a qualified organization for the benefit of a specific person. But you can deduct a contribution to a qualified organization that helps needy or worthy individuals if you don't indicate that your contribution is for a specific person."
    unfortunately, it makes sense as a necessary evil, otherwise it would be exceptionally easy to abuse
    April 1