Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Aaron Rodgers wants out

I don't blame him...too bad the panthers have already cast their lot...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    Wants to be the permanent Jeopardy host?

Blasphemy for cheese heads. Aaron, come to Pittsburgh and be backup to Big Ben.
    ~rthomas

As a Seahawks fan, just don't go to the Niners.

So, like, he is clearly going to San Fran, right?

Packers are morons for not recognizing his generational talent and making it work. I say this again as a Seahawks fan who was/is terrifed of losing Russell.

We didn't marry Sam Darnold. If you can get Rodgers you throw that second round pick in the trash and forget you ever had it.

Don't see Rodgers coming to Carolina though. I definitely agree that I can't blame Rodgers. They have done such a crap job at putting pieces around him (although they do seem to be doing better they still waste picks on marginal QBs that they drafted way too high instead of improving their defense, OL, or WR corps).

Edit: Second round pick!

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Wants to be the permanent Jeopardy host?
    I keep meaning to watch that, I heard he was good. He claims because of the schedules he can do both (QB and Jeopardy).

I'm just going to use this as the NFL draft thread (but if someone changes the title please for the love of god change it to "Aaron Rogers wants out (NFL Draft 2021 Thread)". In any case, we have a run on DBs!

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I'm just going to use this as the NFL draft thread (but if someone changes the title please for the love of god change it to "Aaron Rogers wants out (NFL Draft 2021 Thread)". In any case, we have a run on DBs!
    Or maybe even “Aaron Rodgers wants out.”

Sheldon Williams and J.J. Reddick would agree.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post

Argh!

I think the Bears just got good. Moving on from a unc guy is always a sign of heading in the right direction.

Edit: Please add a "d" to the thread title

The Packers love not drafting offensive players except quarterbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post

It’s Erin.

And the Packers say "no."

I can only assume this is posturing to vet better trade offers at this point.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    We didn't marry Sam Darnold. If you can get Rodgers you throw that second round pick in the trash and forget you ever had it.
    Might not be married, but they sure are snuggled up pretty tight.

The Carolina Panthers showed how committed they were to Sam Darnold in Thursday's first round of the NFL draft by not picking a quarterback and backed that up Friday morning by picking up his fifth-year option.

WIth the option, Darnold, recently acquired in a trade with the New York Jets, is guaranteed $18.8 million in 2022.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...qb-sam-darnold
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I keep meaning to watch that, I heard he was good. He claims because of the schedules he can do both (QB and Jeopardy).
    I watched 1.5 episodes of him hosting. Quite competent, knowledgeable and attempted to be friendly but he doesn't naturally exude warmth. Part of it is his personality. Also his voice. Alex had a great voice. Aaron's a bit high pitched, not the calming late afternoon balm that makes these shows stay around forever.

The Packers love not drafting offensive players except quarterbacks.
    In general that has been true, except last year when, even taking the QB out of the mix, 6 of their first 7 picks were on the offensive side of the ball.

Rodgers seems like a prima donna to me. And seems so corporate, never smiles or like he is having any fun. He always exudes this vibe like what he is doing is just so incredibly difficult and complicated and important. No joy or fun. Dude. It's a football game. He's a great player, don't get me wrong, but the Packers have had plenty of really good teams around him. They make the playoffs just about every year, which is much better than most teams can say, and hard to do in the NFL. The fans love him. He's made boatloads of money. What does he have to complain about really? Disrespect? Please. He's had a great run, but at his age, I say let him play out his contract and let him walk. And move on at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Rodgers seems like a prima donna to me.
    Just ask the rest of his family.

I'm just going to use this as the NFL draft thread...
    Two things I’m hoping to see tonight in Rounds 2 and 3:

1. Cowboys need a cornerback and offensive line depth.

2. Giants need offensive line help to protect Daniel Jones and an edge rusher.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    I watched 1.5 episodes of him hosting. Quite competent, knowledgeable and attempted to be friendly but he doesn't naturally exude warmth. Part of it is his personality. Also his voice. Alex had a great voice. Aaron's a bit high pitched, not the calming late afternoon balm that makes these shows stay around forever.
    I watched the entire two weeks and I respectfully disagree with most of this. His biggest plus was his voice, which is mid- to low-range and very mellow/soothing. A lot of people agreed with my side of this story, saying on social media that they found him the perfect antidote to a busy, hectic day. If anything, his problem as a host was that he didn’t bring quite enough energy, although that improved over the course of his tenure.

His interactions became more natural/less forced as he went along, too, and there were at least two situations in which his interactions were really enjoyable. In one, somebody wrote, as an answer to Final Jeopardy “Whose idea was it to kick a field goal?” Aaron was taken aback briefly, and then said something very close to “That’s a very good question, an excellent question. Unfortunately it is incorrect. How much did you wager?” Another time, there was a category about dynasties, and the clue was about a midwestern football team (can’t remember the specifics) that went to the super bowl 4 out of 5 years or something like that. Nobody rang in. The answer, of course, was the Packers. He said, “We were looking for the Packers.” The look on his face was hilarious. The very next clue was about a northeastern basketball team that won a bunch of NBA championships. Immediately somebody buzzed in and said “Who were the Celtics?” Aaron said, “Oh, you knew THAT one!” It was really funny.

He certainly wasn’t the best of the guest hosts by any stretch of the imagination, but he was not near the bottom, either. Right now Anderson Cooper is doing a very good job. I really liked Ken Jennings, too.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I watched the entire two weeks and I respectfully disagree with most of this. His biggest plus was his voice, which is mid- to low-range and very mellow/soothing. A lot of people agreed with my side of this story, saying on social media that they found him the perfect antidote to a busy, hectic day. If anything, his problem as a host was that he didn’t bring quite enough energy, although that improved over the course of his tenure.

His interactions became more natural/less forced as he went along, too, and there were at least two situations in which his interactions were really enjoyable. In one, somebody wrote, as an answer to Final Jeopardy “Whose idea was it to kick a field goal?” Aaron was taken aback briefly, and then said something very close to “That’s a very good question, an excellent question. Unfortunately it is incorrect. How much did you wager?” Another time, there was a category about dynasties, and the clue was about a midwestern football team (can’t remember the specifics) that went to the super bowl 4 out of 5 years or something like that. Nobody rang in. The answer, of course, was the Packers. He said, “We were looking for the Packers.” The look on his face was hilarious. The very next clue was about a northeastern basketball team that won a bunch of NBA championships. Immediately somebody buzzed in and said “Who were the Celtics?” Aaron said, “Oh, you knew THAT one!” It was really funny.

He certainly wasn’t the best of the guest hosts by any stretch of the imagination, but he was not near the bottom, either. Right now Anderson Cooper is doing a very good job. I really liked Ken Jennings, too.
    Yeah, I was just giving my reaction which may prove idiosyncratic. I also saw the field goal quip episode and appreciated it on an intellectual, quick-wit level but it still didn't work with me. Individual differences I guess. Anyway doesn't matter what I think - majority reaction (and management) rules.

Besides most hosts need a while to find their groove. I remember watching Jimmy Fallon when he first started doing his late night talk show and he was really awkward and it was painful to watch (this was way before he got the Tonight Show). But within a few months he started finding his groove. And while he still isn't a lot of people's cup of tea he improved 1000%. Rodgers might do the same.

Cowboys select cornerback Kelvin Joseph. Shoring up the defense...
    Bob Green