Thread: Chewy.com

Chewy.com

This is not a commercial.

But I can't help but be impressed with Chewy. Our old sick blind cat died a few weeks ago, but we forgot to cancel her food supply. Two days ago, we got our normal order from Chewy. Wife called them and asked to return the food, and they told us they would reimburse us and to take the food to a shelter. Then, yesterday, we got flowers and this great note from them. I'm so impressed. We will support them forever for all our pets. And we are matching their donation with one of our own to the shelter.

179373583_10110095262360359_2505803675566300545_n.jpg179436067_10110095262779519_1323037688488772401_n.jpg
    ~rthomas

Not saying I don't like them (I've used them on occasion, but like to support local shops), but on the FedEx thread, let's just say drivers haven't historically been so happy with what they claim the weight of their products to be...

Of course, that doesn't impact the end consumer.

And always good to see a service go the extra mile to make its consumers feel appreciated. I've also seen that from Chewy.

Yep

I've been using Chewy since last summer and have had very good experiences. A couple of times, I ordered things that ended up being too big for our pup, and I sent an email trying to return the items. I got the same response you got: a refund and a request to donate the items to a local shelter. I also ordered a probiotic that arrived with its "best by" date past, so I emailed Chewy, who apologized and sent a new one out immediately.

Wow. Kudos to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Not saying I don't like them (I've used them on occasion, but like to support local shops), but on the FedEx thread, let's just say drivers haven't historically been so happy with what they claim the weight of their products to be...

Of course, that doesn't impact the end consumer.

And always good to see a service go the extra mile to make its consumers feel appreciated. I've also seen that from Chewy.
    Having worked in transportation, FedEx has recourse here. UPS used to rebill us after reweighing packages and determining the weight we listed was too low (it didn't even always have to be off by a large amount). If this is happening, FedEx basically wants it to happen. *shrug*

Anyways, I switched from Chewy to Petco for reasons I don't totally remember anymore about a year ago but this is definitely a very nice gesture on their part. So sorry to hear about your cat, I'm sure you all have some great memories with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Having worked in transportation, FedEx has recourse here. UPS used to rebill us after reweighing packages and determining the weight we listed was too low (it didn't even always have to be off by a large amount). If this is happening, FedEx basically wants it to happen. *shrug*

Anyways, I switched from Chewy to Petco for reasons I don't totally remember anymore about a year ago but this is definitely a very nice gesture on their part. So sorry to hear about your cat, I'm sure you all have some great memories with her.
    Have used them occasionally for my Airedale. Usually use Petco.

But this is not the first time I have heard of Chewy doing this. Well done by them.

They did the same thing when I lost my Walter last December and won a customer for life. Since then, I’ve ordered several things for Violet (top left) and always gotten them within two days, without paying for any premium shipping or anything. I love Chewy.

I used them for a long time, then they repeatedly bungled an order which required a lot of work, and I got sick of recycling their large boxes...I also discovered a superior Kirkland brand dogfood at Costco for considerably less money...