Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by construe View Post
    Did anyone "Forget Paris"? (Ok, haven't seen it...but the main character is an NBA ref, right?)
    I forgot it.. Billy Crystal..One very funny scene that I can't mention here. One I can is when he has a meltdown & throws multiple players out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post
    I forgot it.. Billy Crystal..One very funny scene that I can't mention here. One I can is when he has a meltdown & throws multiple players out of the game.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Not sure why but this triggered ANOTHER forgotten basketball movie.

"Eddie" with Whoopi Goldberg. She took over a whole NY Knicks franchise I believe.

And if yall really on top of things then you remember "Air Bud" and "Like Mike" with Lil Bow Wow. Dang this list keeps growing.

Although it's a documentary, perhaps outside the frame of this thread, Hoop Dreams is the best basketball movie I have ever seen.

I was prepared to not like it that much, having some faulty notion that these kids were basketball privileged and not worthy of my empathy.

The movie blew me away. I loved these kids and their families. The film was real and gritty and showed the tough life these kids and their families had in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Although it's a documentary, perhaps outside the frame of this thread, Hoop Dreams is the best basketball movie I have ever seen.

I was prepared to not like it that much, having some faulty notion that these kids were basketball privileged and not worthy of my empathy.

The movie blew me away. I loved these kids and their families. The film was real and gritty and showed the tough life these kids and their families had in Chicago.
    There's a follow-up to the movie as well. Life didn't go as expected but didn't go horribly for the kids they followed.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    Not sure why but this triggered ANOTHER forgotten basketball movie.

"Eddie" with Whoopi Goldberg. She took over a whole NY Knicks franchise I believe.

And if yall really on top of things then you remember "Air Bud" and "Like Mike" with Lil Bow Wow. Dang this list keeps growing.
    I'm in Eddie!