Thread: Cameron indoor

Cameron indoor

With COVID restrictions in place does anyone know if Cameron is open once the current semester’s exam schedule ends? I will be in Durham in the first week of May and would love to see it again

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by lrjacobson View Post
    With COVID restrictions in place does anyone know if Cameron is open once the current semester’s exam schedule ends? I will be in Durham in the first week of May and would love to see it again
    Not even Duke Gardens is open to the public, so I highly doubt that any buildings on campus would be.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by lrjacobson View Post
    I don't know about Cameron, in particular, but a large portion of non-medical, non-research campus employees have been told that work from home remains in effect at least through the end of May, so I doubt it. It seems likely that Duke will be operating at limited capacity/gradually reopening for most of the summer, and expects to resume mostly normal operations for the new academic year beginning in early August.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I don't know about Cameron, in particular, but a large portion of non-medical, non-research campus employees have been told that work from home remains in effect at least through the end of May, so I doubt it. It seems likely that Duke will be operating at limited capacity/gradually reopening for most of the summer, and expects to resume mostly normal operations for the new academic year beginning in early August.
    So you're saying there's hope for football game attendance in September? Yay! Hope they make proof of full vaccination mandatory for attendance, like for the students.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    So you're saying there's hope for football game attendance in September? Yay! Hope they make proof of full vaccination mandatory for attendance, like for the students.
    haven't heard anything yet

THey're announcing new mask regulations next week. I imagine proof of vaccination will be contingent on % of vaccinated people and case count and such.
    1200. DDMF.

Given recent CDC Guidance and football being a revenue sport, I think that's likely.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    haven't heard anything yet

THey're announcing new mask regulations next week. I imagine proof of vaccination will be contingent on % of vaccinated people and case count and such.
    "Proof of vaccination" is the stupidest thing ever, at least on a scale of a concert and a sporting event. Hell, some guy's gonna be in the parking lot of each selling fake cards for $5 and going home rich. And I can't imagine what the line would be like. It's bad enough at Duke just to prove that you aren't carrying a weapon of mass destruction.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    "Proof of vaccination" is the stupidest thing ever, at least on a scale of a concert and a sporting event. Hell, some guy's gonna be in the parking lot of each selling fake cards for $5 and going home rich. And I can't imagine what the line would be like. It's bad enough at Duke just to prove that you aren't carrying a weapon of mass destruction.
    Well the students will be vaccinated to be able to attend Duke in person. Not quite sure how they will accommodate those who have some medical exemption. But at least there will be students fans in Cameron next year.

Presumably, within the foreseeable future, anyone requiring proof of vaccination for eligibility to attend an event -- or to board a commercial means of transportation, or to enter a country through Passport Control, or to gain admission to any gathering for which the organizers are serious about protecting patrons against the spread of COVID-19 -- will require something more sophisticated and difficult to counterfeit than simply showing a CDC Record Card.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    Presumably, within the foreseeable future, anyone requiring proof of vaccination for eligibility to attend an event -- or to board a commercial means of transportation, or to enter a country through Passport Control, or to gain admission to any gathering for which the organizers are serious about protecting patrons against the spread of COVID-19 -- will require something more sophisticated and difficult to counterfeit than simply showing a CDC Record Card.
    indeed, but the Prez has made it very clear he doesn't want the Government to produce said card, he knows the crap it will generate, and would much prefer to leave it to businesses, e.g. airlines, etc.
    Which, of course, could lead to a monumental mish mash of requirements from various entities including universities. Just getting people to vaccinate themselves has been something of an uphill climb...some sort of national vaccination card is apt to put us in the seventh ring of hell...but it all begs the question of who is going to require what.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    Which is laughable. What's also humorous is how companies are making money by laminating your card, to which the instant reply from the medical folks is "Don't do that!", because they now can't update your card with a new stamp. So their answer? Take a photo of your card with your phone, and then show that.
    Someone will happily sell someone a photo of their card with their name photoshopped in.

Anyways, like I said, it's incredibly stupid. And any organizer of any event knows that, at least if they want to have people actually show up. Although, I've never known Duke to have a lot of common sense when it comes to encouraging large numbers of people to show up to an event that doesn't have anything to do with basketball. Maybe they'll figure that Cameron crowds will simply bite the bullet.

^ yes, we clearly need even more impediments to attend Duke football games (not that I'm not sympathetic to the notion that people who attend ought to be vaccinated)...but I know a hornets' nest when I see one...

"Proof of vaccination" is the stupidest thing ever, at least on a scale of a concert and a sporting event.
    Have you not been to a duke sporting event recently? "Stupidest thing ever" is du-jour to get into the games.
    1200. DDMF.

I went to a Padres game a few weeks ago and sat in the section where you had to show proof of vaccination or a recent negative test. It was wonderful. (And the Friars rallied to beat LA).
    Carolina delenda est

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    indeed, but the Prez has made it very clear he doesn't want the Government to produce said card, he knows the crap it will generate, and would much prefer to leave it to businesses, e.g. airlines, etc.
    Which, of course, could lead to a monumental mish mash of requirements from various entities including universities. Just getting people to vaccinate themselves has been something of an uphill climb...some sort of national vaccination card is apt to put us in the seventh ring of hell...but it all begs the question of who is going to require what.
    Watch what the airlines do. They have considerable motivation to get it right. They’re working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    ...but I know a hornets' nest when I see one...
    Yes, it could be a real can of worms ...or even a kettle of fish for that matter.😏

Quote Originally Posted by DevilYouKnow View Post
    Given recent CDC Guidance and football being a revenue sport, I think that's likely.
    I agree, and I hope we're right.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Watch what the airlines do. They have considerable motivation to get it right. They’re working on it.
    yeah, I've cited the president of Delta who was on the NBC Evening News a few seeks ago saying they would be doing something...but of course it's going to be a mess figuring that out, how to entice the highest number of people without deterring too many of the Know Nothings, who are still, depressingly, around in great numbers. There's a good reason why Biden wants no part of a government mandate...let's add A Sticky Wicket to our list of appropriate phrases!