New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Carolina Hurricanes 2021

Just an FYI

Canes2021.jpg
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I thought you were talking about the dire forecasts for a busier-than-usual 2021 hurricane season.

But, yes, the hockey iteration is having a very nice season. Be nice to be healthy for the playoffs. Also be nice to get that number one seed, which isn't going to happen if they keep losing to teams like Dallas.

But I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    I thought you were talking about the dire forecasts for a busier-than-usual 2021 hurricane season.

But, yes, the hockey iteration is having a very nice season. Be nice to be healthy for the playoffs. Also be nice to get that number one seed, which isn't going to happen if they keep losing to teams like Dallas.

But I digress.
    We watch their games often. They seem to lose to the lesser teams and beat the better ones. Last night they were playing so poorly that they looked like my Yankees this year.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

[QUOTE=OZZIE4DUKE;1366898 Last night they were playing so poorly that they looked like my Yankees this year.[/QUOTE]

Gary Sanchez plays for the Canes!! Yikes.

Can't believe this thread isn't getting any action! That Lightning goalie is tough, but I have to wonder if the consecutive overtime games might have taken our legs out a little bit.

Canes win in overtime. Trailing two games to one, next one is Saturday in TB.

It would have been nice to get another goal scorer at the deadline, and that was before Nino, Trocheck, and now Foegele were injured. Rod and this team have huge heart though so we'll see.

Each of the last Canes last seven games have been decided by one goal, including four straight overtime games against Nashville.

That's some real pressure.

Unreal that they didn't call that high stick. I'll take it though.

Holy smokes what a second period...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Holy smokes what a second period...
    Especially the part where the Lighting played Aztec warrior and ripped out their enemy's hearts and left them to die.

Memo to the Canes. Do not let these guys get an extra skater.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Especially the part where the Lighting played Aztec warrior and ripped out their enemy's hearts and left them to die.

Memo to the Canes. Do not let these guys get an extra skater.

That is all.
    Pretty weak call on Bean and inexcusable to miss the hit on Aho right after Svech got his penalty. Still, though, yes, stay out of the box against these guys! It is surgical out there.

Time to revive this thread? No? Yes?

Canes off to an 8-0-0 start, all wins in regulation, go for win number 9 tonight. The NHL record for consecutive victories is 17. + 21 goal differential in 8 games, that's 2.6 per for those of you scoring at home. A goalie with a 1.39 gaa. All this after a wholesale change in personnel from last season. Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Time to revive this thread? No? Yes?

Canes off to an 8-0-0 start, all wins in regulation, go for win number 9 tonight. The NHL record for consecutive victories is 17. + 21 goal differential in 8 games, that's 2.6 per for those of you scoring at home. A goalie with a 1.39 gaa. All this after a wholesale change in personnel from last season. Impressive.
    Wouldn't it make more sense to start a new thread for a new season?

And jinx this streak? Be my guest buddy that one’s on you.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Power Play Killers worked overtime tonight...hellofa comeback and win.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I think the Blackhawks had a six on four there for at least a minute.