Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    It’s Culver’s style of burger.

“Every Culver’s ButterBurger is made with fresh, never frozen beef and always seared after you order. Then we top it with a lightly buttered, toasted bun.”

It is very tasty.
    I am a little disappointed that there isnt a big wad of compound butter involved!

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Firehouse and Mike's absolutely should be eaten right there. (Mike's way gets soggy pretty quick.) Jimmy John's is not my favorite but definitely travels better.
    I am a big fan of sandwiches. Unfortunately no Firehouse near me. I love Jersey Mike's (I'm from Jersey) but they also aren't near me and they are very expensive. I like Jimmy John's too. Big Blimpie's fan. Subway is significantly below these - they don't use real meat and I don't like the smell of their bread which is often overwhelming. That being said, I ate way too much Subway during my time at Duke as they delivered on the meal plan.

For places like Jersey Mike's, Jimmy John's and Blimpie's, I like oil and vinegar on my sandwich. I have found that if you stick it in the fridge for an hour or so, the oil and vinegar soaks in really well without it feeling soggy.

I took the kids to Zaxby's a few years ago when we were down south (only the finest for my family) and we liked it a lot. They were advertising a lot on sports this winter which was frustrating as their nearest location is 200+ miles from me.

Potbelly's is pretty good, as was Quizno's (not sure if they exist anymore).

I also need to give a shout out to Nathan's. Obviously the hot dogs are great, but their fries are also really good. We did a pilgrimage earlier this year to the original one (where they do the hot dog eating contest).

And if any of you are ever in Rochester, NY. You MUST get a Nick Tahou's Garbage Plate. The place that started it all.

There is absolutely nothing better at 2AM after a few drinks.

If you know what I'm talking about, then you know what I'm talking about.

Go with the original - home fries, mac salad and (not or) baked beans as a base, then put a couple white-hots or red-hots or burgers on top, then smother the entire thing with spicy mustard, onions and the signature "hot sauce" (think spicy, meaty, thin chili) with some Italian bread on the side.

And it must be made by a greasy, sweaty, unshaven, overweight man wearing an apron that hasn't been washed in years who throws it at you while cursing like a drunken sailor.

Ah, good times...
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    And if any of you are ever in Rochester, NY. You MUST get a Nick Tahou's Garbage Plate. The place that started it all.

There is absolutely nothing better at 2AM after a few drinks.

If you know what I'm talking about, then you know what I'm talking about.

Go with the original - home fries, mac salad and (not or) baked beans as a base, then put a couple white-hots or red-hots or burgers on top, then smother the entire thing with spicy mustard, onions and the signature "hot sauce" (think spicy, meaty, thin chili) with some Italian bread on the side.

And it must be made by a greasy, sweaty, unshaven, overweight man wearing an apron that hasn't been washed in years who throws it at you while cursing like a drunken sailor.

Ah, good times...
    Its not only the food, the crowd is a horrifying cross section of all humanity, especially the nocturnals.

I visited Pittsburgh with my wife almost 5 years ago for the 2016 US Open at Oakmont Country Club. Everyone told me I had to try Primanti Brothers for sandwiches. It was a cool atmosphere but I must say I wasn’t as impressed as folks had hyped it up! Decent but not great food!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I’m big on Five Guys.

In-N-Out v. Whataburger — talk about PPB in Texas and out West. It makes the crunchy v. smooth peanut butter schism look tame.

My husband and I are really looking forward to this battle in a few days when we get to Arizona.

Also, I wanted to defend the honor of Chick Fil A. I see some of you think Popeyes has a better sandwich. You are wrong! It is good, but CFA always wins here. CFA doesn't need the throat lubricant (mayo) on it. The service, quality and consistency is alos unmatched. And it is always their pleasure

I don't think I consider Five Guys "fast food." Their layout, atmosphere/procedures, and methods of preparation are different. The restaurant business makes this distinction too..."fast casual" is considered a step up from "fast food." And I think this (plus 5G's price premium) is with good reason...their burger is approx. 90,000 times better than McDonald's.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    If you’re in certain states, the Cookout Tray is a fantastic deal along these same lines. I used to get a cheeseburger with sides of chicken nuggets and a corn dog (yes, seriously) with a milkshake at the location on Hillsborough Road for like 5 bucks.
    Two Corndogs and bbq sandwich .they better put my mustard for my corn dogs lol.

Quote Originally Posted by amusedcupcake View Post
    [/B]

My husband and I are really looking forward to this battle in a few days when we get to Arizona.

Also, I wanted to defend the honor of Chick Fil A. I see some of you think Popeyes has a better sandwich. You are wrong! It is good, but CFA always wins here. CFA doesn't need the throat lubricant (mayo) on it. The service, quality and consistency is alos unmatched. And it is always their pleasure
    We have the #1 rated chic fila in S.C
    Two drive through lanes .four delivery lanes 5 pick up spots .16 chic fila delivery cars all are prius .

They are like roaches they are all over the place .

The bad thing is i dont like chic fila except the fries.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    I visited Pittsburgh with my wife almost 5 years ago for the 2016 US Open at Oakmont Country Club. Everyone told me I had to try Primanti Brothers for sandwiches. It was a cool atmosphere but I must say I wasn’t as impressed as folks had hyped it up! Decent but not great food!
    I have family in Pittsburgh so I am there often. I am a fan of Primanti's sandwiches but it is somewhat unique. For those who are not acquainted, it is a sandwich on thick bread with cole slaw and fries on the sandwich. It is not easy to manage but I find it tasty and for those concerned with value, a good deal at about $8 for a huge sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    We have the #1 rated chic fila in S.C
    Two drive through lanes .four delivery lanes 5 pick up spots .16 chic fila delivery cars all are prius .

They are like roaches they are all over the place .

The bad thing is i dont like chic fila except the fries.
    Heresy.

Jk.

There could be 30 cars in front of you, but you will still be in and out (with the correct order, fresh) in like 2 minutes.

I don't think I consider Five Guys "fast food." Their layout, atmosphere/procedures, and methods of preparation are different. The restaurant business makes this distinction too..."fast casual" is considered a step up from "fast food." And I think this (plus 5G's price premium) is with good reason...their burger is approx. 90,000 times better than McDonald's.
    Yes, sorry, I may have been the one that lumped them into "fast food". They deserve a higher-class thread.

If forced to choose a fast food burger, when I'm out west it's In-N-Out, here in the east I guess I would go with Wendy's over all the other options. I have only sampled Cookout once so I may be missing out.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by amusedcupcake View Post
    Heresy.

Jk.

There could be 30 cars in front of you, but you will still be in and out (with the correct order, fresh) in like 2 minutes.
    This!

My nearest Chik-fil-A has never once gotten my order wrong! At the other end of the spectrum is my nearest McDonalds that has never once gotten my order right the first time! (It's absolutely the worst McD's I've ever been to.) If forced to go there, I will sit at the window going through every item.

This thread sucks, as now I'm craving going out for lunch.

I sometimes go to BK or Hardee’s for a burger, no fries, no drink. Or maybe a couple of breakfast biscuits. Every six months or so.

But only if I have a two-fer coupon.

Someday, someone in this thread will spell Chick-fil-A correctly.
    Someday.

I like Wendy's fries more than McD's.

Haven't had a Whataburger since high school - due to Patrick Mahomes, they will be coming here in the fall. Looking forward to trying them.

Raising Canes for chicken strips - always hot, good sauce.

Frisco Burger from Hardee's.

I need to try Potbelly's - never been there but we have them around here.

Planet Sub is the best for subs around here (but could change if I try Potbelly's). Subs are toasted and wrapped in foil so they travel well. Instead of a number, they use playing cards to deliver orders to your table.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I’m big on Five Guys.

In-N-Out v. Whataburger — talk about PPB in Texas and out West. It makes the crunchy v. smooth peanut butter schism look tame.
    I like them both and was happy when the In-N-Out opened up about a 1/2 mile from the closest Whataburger. The natives have not embraced my views. We are reasonably close to an Air Force base and have a lot of people who have spent time in CA, so the In-N-Out does just fine.

Someday, someone in this thread will spell Chick-fil-A correctly.
    Someday.
    Until then, we wait.

A Five Way beats a burger. And I like burgers. A lot.