Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Not fast food, but my brother bought frozen School Pizza at King's the other day. Said it was just like old times.
    I always felt like school pizza was somewhat overrated. I mean, I ate it and didn’t hate it, but I never felt like it was that great.
    The ravioli, on the other hand…

My actual “ go to” is probably Canes. Good quality and quantity for the price. If I expand that to non-drive thru, then it’s for sure Chipotle.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I always felt like school pizza was somewhat overrated. I mean, I ate it and didn’t hate it, but I never felt like it was that great.
    I think the point of school pizza was that it was one of the few things that was actually edible, therefore, pizza day rocked!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    All threads lead back to Ymm, Beer, except those who frequent that thread would be horrified by the names being mentioned here.
    This makes me smile. And want to shout, "Rolling Rock!!! Bud Dry!!! Black Label!!! Keystone Light!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    My Texas middle school had Pizza Hut and Taco Bell as options, along with mashed potatoes and chicken fingers smothered in god awful, gob stopping gravy. Off to the side were a few apples. I could be wrong but my memory is that was it and most kids either had pizza hut every day or one of three Taco Bell options. I went with the chilitos.

I don't want to get political but that is OBSCENE and I think I am just now realizing how absurd it was because your post tapped into deep memories. Like, who on earth thought that would be a good idea...even in 90s?!?

Still waiting for the Captain D’s love.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    My Texas middle school had Pizza Hut and Taco Bell as options, along with mashed potatoes and chicken fingers smothered in god awful, gob stopping gravy. Off to the side were a few apples. I could be wrong but my memory is that was it and most kids either had pizza hut every day or one of three Taco Bell options. I went with the chilitos.

I don't want to get political but that is OBSCENE and I think I am just now realizing how absurd it was because your post tapped into deep memories. Like, who on earth thought that would be a good idea...even in 90s?!?
    But a slice of pepperoni pizza or a taco with cheese and lettuce covered all four food groups and that was really important back then!

But a slice of pepperoni pizza or a taco with cheese and lettuce covered all four food groups and that was really important back then!
    When I was in school, the Reagan administration decided that ketchup and pickle relish were vegetables and counted towards health concerns. Sort of, at least. So, there’s that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketchup_as_a_vegetable

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    When I was in school, the Reagan administration decided that ketchup was a vegetable and counted towards health concerns. So, there’s that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketchup_as_a_vegetable
    I thought I must be misremembering but found this WSJ article from 1997 talking about the trend. My school must have been a vanguard because this was the early 90s that I remember this but, man, it was bad. I did NOT eat well as a kid.

It was said, when I was living in Texas as a graduate student, that Wednesday was "Mexican food day" at Texas high schools. True or not, the student center at Rice University, where grad students tended to eat, had Mexican food every Wednesday. In fact, during times when the student center was closed, if my colleagues and I were lunching on Wednesday, we'd go to a Mexican restaurant. "Habits" form much of life, don't they?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Because real men drink Natty Daddy
    It's about summer time...going to have to switch over to Naturdays!