Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Yep, those are GOOD!! But do NOT look at the calorie count! But a dipped BIG Italian Beef with all the toppings is fantastic. Combine that with crinkle cut fries and a milkshake and you've got a winner. I often get the chopped salad as a second meal too.

Portillo's has expanded somewhat to other states (AZ, FL, CA) beyond its Midwest origins, but is definitely not ubiquitous yet. On the other hand, I would love to have Cookout nearby. I think the places taste more delicious when they become harder to get / you don't get it very often because it seems more special.
    Oh yeah, I get what you’re saying. We got a couple of Cookouts in Atlanta a few years ago and they were both NUTS for like a full year. That said, I’ve converted a good few of the previously unenlightened.

I also tried biscuitville for the first time three days ago and got a biscuit egg and bacon breakfast sandwich. It was really good I've also had one of each the last two days

I still find the best burger to be the Whopper from Burger King. Something about that flame broiled taste of the burger does it for me ...

McDonald’s fries are very good ...

Chick Fil A has great nuggets, chicken sandwiches, and spicy chicken sandwiches ...

The Wendy’s spicy chicken sandwich is great ...

Popeye’s has maybe the best spicy chicken sandwich around ...

For breakfast, I don’t think you can beat the Bojangle’s Cajun filet biscuit ...

Hardee’s still has one of the best bacon, egg, and cheese and sausage egg and cheese biscuits around ...

My wild card for burgers is Five Guys. I find they make good burgers ...

For dessert, I’ve always enjoyed blizzards from Dairy Queen or frosties from Wendy’s ...

Chic-fil-A sandwich and waffle fries. And cookies n’ cream shakes.

Zaxby’s blackened blue salad.

Arby’s has some good sandwiches.

For burgers, Wendy’s>BK>Mickey D’s for me.

Sandwiches, Firehouse>Jersey Mike’s>Jimmy John’s>Subway>Blimpie’s.

Having said all that, I rarely eat fast food unless I am traveling.

A lot of chick-fil-a on here and it is good but it’s not very filling. You spend money on a combo meal that is like $9 and the sandwich is small with like 6 fries.

I agree that Cook-out burgers are delicious but I would kill for a toasted bun! Nothing tops off a good burger better. Every time I go there the non-toasted bun makes me sad. Sooooo close to burger heaven, and yet so far away.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    ...Zaxby’s blackened blue salad...
    Ahem, I don’t think Zaxby’s serves salads. Perhaps you’re referring to one of their zalads?

(Mods, please consider merging these posts into the Fitness Thread.)

These days my fast food "go to" is also "to go". Most of the time that means eating in the car (not while driving, but while parking in a quiet shaded area). The seat belt holds an unfolded napkin in place and I eat something unlikely to spill.

Taco Bell: The $1 beef burrito has ground beef, rice, and some nacho cheese sauce in a regular tortilla. The $1 chicken chipotle melt has grilled chicken and chipotle sauce in a soft taco tortilla. Each is juicy enough to not require any red sauce, and the melt is small enough to avoid a chipotle sauce mess. Ice water is free.

Wendy's: Unless they're doing two Dave's singles for $5, their best deal is the 4 for $4. Double stack (no pickles), spicy nuggets, small fries, beverage. Less preferable in a car because the fries and nuggets are better when not dry. Get the $2 key tag during the winter holidays for a free junior Frosty during every visit for a year.

McDonald's: The McDouble (no pickles) is not a burger. It's more like a burger-flavored sandwich. And it's also my favorite item on their whole menu. (The fries are better, but not worth it.) Soft drinks are $1, and so is water, so I try to bring my own.

Chick-fil-A is insanely busy and not conveniently located. Raising Cane's is a local option but fried chicken fingers are impossible to eat in a car. I've had the plain and spicy Popeye's chicken sandwich; both are good but not worth the line or price. I haven't explored Chipotle or Arby's or Sonic because all are out of the way. Burger King offerings here, and maybe in general, are a disappointment.

ETA: Today I learned that "Major Bag Alert" was a song before it was a Wendy's commercial (lyrics NSFW):

As an aside, I’d highly recommend Potbelly if anyone is near one as a good sandwich place. Definitely better than Jersey Mike’s, Jimmy John’s or Subway (never been to a Firehouse).

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Having said all that, I rarely eat fast food unless I am traveling.
    Haven't had fast food other than pizza since March of last year. Getting tempted to try some again, but default to the items I've been eating for the last 35 years.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    As an aside, I’d highly recommend Potbelly if anyone is near one as a good sandwich place. Definitely better than Jersey Mike’s, Jimmy John’s or Subway (never been to a Firehouse).
    As far as subs go, I'd rank Firehouse right there with Potbelly, just above Jersey Mikes, well above Jimmy John's and I don't even consider Subway as edible. Quizno's used to be pretty good but haven't seen one in a while.

I went to a grand opening of a Potbelly near my office about 3 years ago. The manager was chatting with us and when I told him I worked in an office a block or so away he gave me a stack of "free sub cards" to hand out.

A buddy and I ate there every day for the next two weeks.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

I used to be an expert but since I started working from home a couple years ago I have cut way back.

My go-to is now a Grilled Wrap from Chick-fil-A with waffle fries. (Get it with the Spicy Salsa Dressing instead of the Avocado Ranch!) About once every two weeks I'll treat myself.

My son loves Taco Bell so once in a while, especially if it's just the two of us, we'll grab some. I'm a Crunchwrap Supreme kinda guy.

Had such a bad gastrointestinal experience once after eating at an Arby's that I really haven't had the urge to go back in years.

McDonalds was the go-to when the kids were small. I still think they have the best fries when fresh and hot.

If I'm really looking for aburger, it's definitely Five Guys for me.

When I'm travelling out west I like In-N-Out!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    I used to be an expert but since I started working from home a couple years ago I have cut way back.

My go-to is now a Grilled Wrap from Chick-fil-A with waffle fries. (Get it with the Spicy Salsa Dressing instead of the Avocado Ranch!) About once every two weeks I'll treat myself.

My son loves Taco Bell so once in a while, especially if it's just the two of us, we'll grab some. I'm a Crunchwrap Supreme kinda guy.

Had such a bad gastrointestinal experience once after eating at an Arby's that I really haven't had the urge to go back in years.

McDonalds was the go-to when the kids were small. I still think they have the best fries when fresh and hot.

If I'm really looking for aburger, it's definitely Five Guys for me.

When I'm travelling out west I like In-N-Out!
    I’m big on Five Guys.

In-N-Out v. Whataburger — talk about PPB in Texas and out West. It makes the crunchy v. smooth peanut butter schism look tame.

When I lived in Wisconsin about 10ish years ago I discovered Culver’s. For Midwestern folks, you know what I’m talking about. Their frozen custard is legit. As are their butter burgers.

When we go back to St. Louis to visit family, Lion’s Choice is a good spot, too. Great, seasoned meat for sandwiches comparable to Arby’s.

Used to be spicy chicken sandwich combo at Wendy’s. That was second lunch during high school.

Quote Originally Posted by thedukeman View Post
    I also tried biscuitville for the first time three days ago and got a biscuit egg and bacon breakfast sandwich. It was really good I've also had one of each the last two days
    Biscuitville's country ham and egg biscuit is a great first meal of the day. Especially a Saturday when you're out running errands all morning.

I cannot believe someone said Chick-fil-A is not filling. The last one I had was huge! With extra pickles, please!

And Firehouse is good, but you have to eat it right then. It will get soggy quick. Even a few blocks walk back to the office will leave you with a soggy bun in some spots. Love their Engineer (turkey, swiss, mushrooms).

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    When I lived in Wisconsin about 10ish years ago I discovered Culver’s. For Midwestern folks, you know what I’m talking about. Their frozen custard is legit. As are their butter burgers.

When we go back to St. Louis to visit family, Lion’s Choice is a good spot, too. Great, seasoned meat for sandwiches comparable to Arby’s.
    What is a butter burger?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Biscuitville's country ham and egg biscuit is a great first meal of the day. Especially a Saturday when you're out running errands all morning.

I cannot believe someone said Chick-fil-A is not filling. The last one I had was huge! With extra pickles, please!

And Firehouse is good, but you have to eat it right then. It will get soggy quick. Even a few blocks walk back to the office will leave you with a soggy bun in some spots. Love their Engineer (turkey, swiss, mushrooms).
    Firehouse and Mike's absolutely should be eaten right there. (Mike's way gets soggy pretty quick.) Jimmy John's is not my favorite but definitely travels better.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    What is a butter burger?!?!
    It’s Culver’s style of burger.

“Every Culver’s ButterBurger is made with fresh, never frozen beef and always seared after you order. Then we top it with a lightly buttered, toasted bun.”

It is very tasty.

Culver's is the my favorite fast food burger. Cheese curds and custard are a bonus.

Potbelly is my favorite sub shop.

Raising Canes is the go to for chicken. And their sauce is perfection.

Taco Bell absolutely kills the breakfast game. And most everything.

Fast food joints that get too much love: Chick-Fil-A (tiny sandwiches) and Five Guys (too expensive).