Former UK G Terrence Clarke Has Passed Away

News sources are now confirming the report that the former Wildcat, who just signed with Klutch Sports yesterday, died in a car accident in LA. Just incredibly sad news. May his memory be a blessing. Please be safe, friends, and tell your family you love them.

https://www.wkyt.com/2021/04/23/sour...n-los-angeles/

Just a couple months from the NBA draft and what would have been a life-changing payday (he was projected as a late first or early 2nd rounder and would have likely gotten at least a couple years of guaranteed millions). So tragic...
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

So very sad. Apparently he and BJ Boston had just left a workout, and Boston was in the car behind him. Boston, who has also signed with Klutch Sports, is ok per reports.

So sad. People have to wear their seatbelts!

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    So sad. People have to wear their seatbelts!
    They should also slow down.

This is very sad. It makes me think of some of the other young basketball players who have been maimed or killed in car accidents that were, in part at least, driven by what I might call excess ebullience in the face of good times. I'm thinking of Jason Williams, of course, but there are others. Success and good luck make us think we're invincible, but of course we're not.

Very sorry to hear about this. Gone way too soon.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    So very sad. Apparently he and BJ Boston had just left a workout, and Boston was in the car behind him. Boston, who has also signed with Klutch Sports, is ok per reports.
    Physically ok. But mentally... he's gonna have a tough time if he saw it all go down. Sucks for anyone involved.

Reading all of the coverage, it is interesting to see how, as an rare elite prospect out of Boston, he was very connected to the Celtics, their players and Brad Stevens. I feel bad for the Kentucky program, Cal, the coaches, teammates, his family (obviously)...so tough. Kentucky is really having a very tough year. I hate them on court but, man, they are getting their share right now.

Such sad news. My heart goes out to the Clarke family. When you’re so young and your whole life is in front of you, just seems a lot sadder to see a young person lose their life. Anyone who dies tragically, it’s bad no matter the age. He was just so young, just starting. Life is such a great mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by WillJ View Post
    This is very sad. It makes me think of some of the other young basketball players who have been maimed or killed in car accidents that were, in part at least, driven by what I might call excess ebullience in the face of good times. I'm thinking of Jason Williams, of course, but there are others. Success and good luck make us think we're invincible, but of course we're not.
    Oscar Taveras, St. Louis Cardinals top prospect comes to mind. Killed in a terrible car crash in offseason that also took the life of his young girl friend. It's true, speed kills. Slow down people.

Really sad news about Terrence Clark.

Prayers for his family.