Matt Daniels, and football coaching

Here’s a fun and interesting interview with Matt Daniels, the former Duke and NFL player who’s now an assistant coach with the Dallas Cowboys. I was impressed by his transparency and insider knowledge. It sounds like he’s got a bright future in the NFL (I could also imagine him becoming the Duke coach down the road). It’s from “Under Further Review,” which sounds like is organized by a couple of his friends from back in Fayetteville, Georgia, where he went to high school.

https://www.audible.com/webplayer?as...rrideLph=false

Daniels won the Watkins award back in 2008, which is an award that goes to a few high school students a year for academics + athletics (given by the National Alliance for African American Athletes). Since Battier won in ‘97, I count 8 Duke football winners.
    https://www.naaaa.com/alumni.html
    Last edited by johnb; 04-17-2021 at 03:39 PM.

Matt was a huge part of the turnaround at the beginning of Cut's tenure. Glad to see him still finding success in football, would absolutely love to see him on the sidelines at Duke in some capacity someday.

Great read. He was one of my favorite defensive players that we've had - a true all-over-the-field type of safety. I believe he once finished second in ACC DPOY voting - albeit a very, very distant second to one Luke Kuechly.