Tatum suffering long-term effects of Covid?

I read an article this morning in my snoozefeed that said that even though Tatum has been having a remarakably good year he has not yet quite totally recovered from his bout of Covid. Apparently he now has to use an inhaler prior to each game. He had never had to do this previously.
    The article also said several other NBA guys had had a rough time with Covid. Mo Bamba was one of them. I guess he missed a good part of the season.

Did anybody know that Tatum had been sick and that his lungs were still giving him a bit of trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I read an article this morning in my snoozefeed that said that even though Tatum has been having a remarakably good year he has not yet quite totally recovered from his bout of Covid. Apparently he now has to use an inhaler prior to each game. He had never had to do this previously.
    The article also said several other NBA guys had had a rough time with Covid. Mo Bamba was one of them. I guess he missed a good part of the season.

Did anybody know that Tatum had been sick and that his lungs were still giving him a bit of trouble?
    I feel for him, that sucks. I got severe bronchitis as a sophomore in high school (like, bed-ridden for a week) and had to use an inhaler for the rest of my high school sports career. That stuff can stick with you a long time, COVID aside.

That’s what scares me the most about Covid, the potential long-term effects that we just don’t know about. As a young(ish) healthy person I’m not worried that I would die if I got infected, but there is so much unknown about the disease.

OTOH the fact that Tatum is still able to compete at the most elite levels is encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post

Yes. I knew that Tatum was sick. And it was apparent from his absence and his performance when he returned that, unlike some other NBA players, he was hit by Covid in a ways that affected him.

I did not know any specifics, of course, but the impacts on Jayson were clear. Hopefully he is now managing them.
    Carolina delenda est

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    That’s what scares me the most about Covid, the potential long-term effects that we just don’t know about. As a young(ish) healthy person I’m not worried that I would die if I got infected, but there is so much unknown about the disease.

OTOH the fact that Tatum is still able to compete at the most elite levels is encouraging.
    About the highlighted, that is kind of like most of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    About the highlighted, that is kind of like most of life.
    Well, particularly about long term effects of a disease that wr became aware of about fifteen months ago.

That's my counter-argument to folks who insist the vaccines' long term effects are unknown. Well, what we know regarding long-term COVID effects ain't good.

Best to Tatum. I'm sure he gets the best healthcare that exists.