Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Excited about this kid's upside! Against top 50 competition last year, he put up an ORtg of 126 and shot over 40% from 3. Proven contributor!

I keed, I keed.

This is a cool pick up and more experienced than your average practice player. He'll bring some maturity to the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    His first name is Anthony. Bates is a nickname.
    Surely, then, his middle name is Perkins?

Quote Originally Posted by kako View Post
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...s-jones-1.html
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...48/bates-jones

Welcome, Bates Jones.

Sure, he looks like a practice player/locker room presence (assuming COVID restrictions relax). But the roster is thin, and who knows if he busts his azz? It does look like he can hit a 3. In any case, another piece of the puzzle is in place.

9F
    If Bates has a big summer we might have another Horvath in the making.

A 5th year guy that didn't play much and has a good attitude, work ethic and leaderships skills... maybe he can be JRob to next years team

Bates & Blakes?

Will this preclude us from getting Blakes? Will Blakes want to be on a team with a Bates? Can the DBR handle two guys on the roster whose first names end in "s"? These are the burning questions!

Welcome Bates!
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Will this preclude us from getting Blakes? Will Blakes want to be on a team with a Bates? Can the DBR handle two guys on the roster whose first names end in "s"? These are the burning questions!

Welcome Bates!
    I know this is humor, but Blakes's first name doesn't end in "s." His name is Jaylen.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I know this is humor, but Blakes's first name doesn't end in "s." His name is Jaylen.
    True confession time: my actual birth certificate reads Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15.22.23.24.25s

Read into this what you will.

In the premature evacuation era of college hoops, Master Bates was inevitable.

Will Blakes want to be on a team with a Bates? Can the DBR handle two guys on the roster whose first names end in "s"? These are the burning questions!

Welcome Bates!
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Next season might be a real apostrophe challenge for last names.

Jones
    Keels
    Williams
    (Blakes?)

We’ll have to resist the urge to pluralize (John) as (Johns) as well as the other names: Bancheros, Griffins, Roaches, Colemen.

Welcome, Bates. Looked like he is graduating with a history degree in May from Davidson and will take graduate courses at Duke. I wonder what he’ll study at Duke and if he’ll work towards some type of graduate degree, MBA, J.D., etc ...

An undergraduate degree from Davidson, graduate courses at Duke, playing Duke Basketball under Coach K, and a brother who’s the starting QB for the New York Giants and possesses an undergraduate degree in Economics from Duke ... nice life thus far!

Welcome Bates!
    If only we could confuse things more by signing Emoni Bates for next year (not gonna happen).

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Premature education evacuation?

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Premature education evacuation?
    Get a hold of yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Next season might be a real apostrophe challenge for last names.

Jones
    Keels
    Williams
    (Blakes?)

We’ll have to resist the urge to pluralize (John) as (Johns) as well as the other names: Bancheros, Griffins, Roaches, Colemen.
    "Colemans."

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    "Colemans."

-jk
    Years ago, I was an interviewer for a job and was interviewing a guy named Milkman. I asked him if he and his family were walking down the street would people say, "There go the Milkmans" or "There go the Milkmen." Without hesitation he answered "Milkmen," and I recommended him for the job right then and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Years ago, I was an interviewer for a job and was interviewing a guy named Milkman. I asked him if he and his family were walking down the street would people say, "There go the Milkmans" or "There go the Milkmen." Without hesitation he answered "Milkmen," and I recommended him for the job right then and there.
    Proud-FEET!

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Proud-FEET!
    greatest little hobbits of them all. (or so spock tells me)
    1200. DDMF.

first we get a guy with two first names, then we get a guy with two last names...what the heck is this country coming to?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    True confession time: my actual birth certificate reads Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15.22.23.24.25s

Read into this what you will.
    I’m disappointed that you don’t have a longer name!

Quote Originally Posted by DangerDevil View Post
    I’m disappointed that you don’t have a longer name!
    I should have included a spoiler alert.