Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Masters

16 is nearly unfair today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    16 is nearly unfair today.
    I remember watching Tom Watson five-putt sixteen with that approximate pin location some 15-20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I can pull for Zalatoris, he seems like a very chill guy. Of course, they all seem chill.
    He went to Wake Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    He went to Wake Forest.
    I have very mixed feelings about Zalatoris. On the one hand, he has a good story. Middling ranked junior who then caught fire & went on to win the Texas Junior Am and the US Junior. Then to Wake, as you note. And he has really been coming on.

On the other, the guy who helped coach him (Scott Fawcett) is a strategic genius (Big Data and advanced analytics applied to golf), but a pretty big wanker who continues to try to sell his system on the back of Zalatoris’s success. And gets in some fairly nasty Twitter wars with folks. Makes it hard for me to be all-in about Zalatoris, even as his momentum continues to build.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Weather delay at Augusta National for the 2021 Masters Tournament on moving day ...

Woof.

They’re playing again in Augusta with a 3-way tie at the top of the leaderboard. Rose, Matsuyama and Zalatoris at -7.
    Bob Green

This is getting hot. Really fun watch.

Hideki Matsuyama cards a 65 today on moving day to get to -11. He showed Augusta National who was boss today! Still 18 holes to go to get his green jacket and Augusta National is bound to bite back!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Hideki Matsuyama cards a 65 today on moving day to get to -11. He showed Augusta National who was boss today! Still 18 holes to go to get his green jacket and Augusta National is bound to bite back!
    He really played phenomenal start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    He really played phenomenal start to finish.
    Is it too early to discuss Hideki’s Champions Dinner menu? Greg Norman would like to know ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Is it too early to discuss Hideki’s Champions Dinner menu? Greg Norman would like to know ...
    I was out there that Sunday and followed Norman/Faldo. It was like watching a guy slowly bleed to death. Painful.

Norman was agonizingly slow all week, but started speeding up that round. You could see it happening, like a car wreck in slow motion. One of the few years that I went out for all four rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I have very mixed feelings about Zalatoris. On the one hand, he has a good story. Middling ranked junior who then caught fire & went on to win the Texas Junior Am and the US Junior. Then to Wake, as you note. And he has really been coming on.

On the other, the guy who helped coach him (Scott Fawcett) is a strategic genius (Big Data and advanced analytics applied to golf), but a pretty big wanker who continues to try to sell his system on the back of Zalatoris’s success. And gets in some fairly nasty Twitter wars with folks. Makes it hard for me to be all-in about Zalatoris, even as his momentum continues to build.
    I find Scott to be some of the best content on golf Twitter (along with Lou Stegner and separately Rick Shiels). I don’t blame Scott for pushing Decade and pushing back on people critical. With respect to WZ, I don’t think he pushes him as the face of Decade. He is certainly proud, as he should be, of his star student. But, more often than not, he seems to push Decade for Decades sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Channing View Post
    I find Scott to be some of the best content on golf Twitter (along with Lou Stegner and separately Rick Shiels). I don’t blame Scott for pushing Decade and pushing back on people critical. With respect to WZ, I don’t think he pushes him as the face of Decade. He is certainly proud, as he should be, of his star student. But, more often than not, he seems to push Decade for Decades sake.
    I love the content and the principles (and Stegner’s stats are always thought-provoking). Fawcett is both a strategic genius and a wanker, IMO. I probably shouldn’t project that onto WZ.

Matsuyama Even through six holes. Par golf could be enough to capture his Green Jacket.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Matsuyama Even through six holes. Par golf could be enough to capture his Green Jacket.
    Someone will go low on the back nine and put the pressure on him. That’s when it will get interesting . . . .

ETA: Matsuyama just stuck that approach on 7. Nice shot.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    ETA: Matsuyama just stuck that approach on 7. Nice shot.
    Will he stick the landing?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Someone will go low on the back nine and put the pressure on him. That’s when it will get interesting . . . .
    I’m looking forward to watching.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Will he stick the landing?
    Nope, left it low.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I’m looking forward to watching.
    Me too. The Masters doesn’t start until the back nine on Sunday . . . .

trying to decide what the correct cocktail choice should be...the sun going in may have an effect...maybe something featuring chokeberries?

The skinny kid from Wake Forest, so far, looks to be in good shape. Perhaps he can push Matsuyama a bit. Otherwise it will be a relatively easy win for Hideki.