Duke at Augusta National Women's Amateur

Gina Kim and Erica Shepherd are playing the last day at AN. Kim is two back and Shepherd six back. The leaders are just getting started.

Noon TV on NBC.

Go Duke!

DaughterPK is at the course watching, she said she has never seen it with so few patrons. Walk up to any spot on the course to watch.

Unfortunately, Gina Kim got off to, I believe, a 4-over after four holes start. She has steadied the ship, but is out of the running. Erica Shepherd had a good day, finishing her Augusta round at 2-over, 8-over overall.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Gina Kim just got a shout out on NBC, holing it from the bunker for a birdie on 17. She is 5 over, four shots off the lead (although the field is moving towards the rear, but not enough to give her a shot at it).

I have to complement NBC for their coverage. They are highlighting just about every single player as they hole out on 18, a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Gina Kim just got a shout out on NBC, holing it from the bunker for a birdie on 17. She is 5 over, four shots off the lead (although the field is moving towards the rear, but not enough to give her a shot at it).

I have to complement NBC for their coverage. They are highlighting just about every single player as they hole out on 18, a nice touch.
    (Why am I so cynical?!?) Perhaps they have only a limited number of cameras and on-air personnel.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

And they head to sudden death.

Fun tournament. The National’s back nine entertains again.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    (Why am I so cynical?!?) Perhaps they have only a limited number of cameras and on-air personnel.
    No, I don't think that was it. They sure seemed to have normal coverage of all the back-9 holes (which were the only ones I watched). I did get the sense that the commentators were mostly remote, but not sure about that.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    No, I don't think that was it. They sure seemed to have normal coverage of all the back-9 holes (which were the only ones I watched). I did get the sense that the commentators were mostly remote, but not sure about that.
    Remote announcers are common this season.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013