Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bullettoothtony View Post
    Not necessarily, if the smaller, weaker offensive player has a decided advantage in speed and quickness.

A number of guys that defended Allen Iverson were bigger and stronger. Gilbert Arenas was. And he found Iverson so tough to guard that he's on record as saying he would've rather guarded Kobe than Iverson.
    Pretty sure if Mathew Hurt could develop Iverson’s quickness- he would be also be hard to guard even if he never got any stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Pretty sure if Mathew Hurt could develop Iverson’s quickness- he would be also be hard to guard even if he never got any stronger.
    Yes, this is true, and also true of my grandmother

Quote Originally Posted by Namtilal View Post
    Yes, this is true, and also true of my grandmother
    Did someone say grandmama?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Did someone say grandmama?
    Back before gender bending was the norm.

LJ was a player who transitioned from a evil villain at UNLV to a superhero with the Hornets. Always been disappointed that his back issues sidelined his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Back before gender bending was the norm.

LJ was a player who transitioned from a evil villain at UNLV to a superhero with the Hornets. Always been disappointed that his back issues sidelined his career.
    At the age of 23, he was 22+PPG, 10+RPG, and 4+APG... a ridiculous stud. Hurt his back and was never the same player.

He earned $83+ mil from his NBA career and was a huge endorsement guy too. He had to make well over $100 mil in his playing career (which ended in 2001).

In 2015 Larry Johnson filed for bankruptcy. So sad...
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    I saw this on Twitter and was waiting to see when it would make it to the board

Are we at the offseason stage where it's time to hyperanalyze social media posts yet? Ontario is back under a "stay at home" order, so I've got the time...
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    I saw this on Twitter and was waiting to see when it would make it to the board

Are we at the offseason stage where it's time to hyperanalyze social media posts yet? Ontario is back under a "stay at home" order, so I've got the time...
    All I see "hurt...will be back".

So, that tweet is folks making much ado about nothing. Duke MBB twitter ain't sending coded messages like that.

That said, I'm hearing nothing has been decided about Matthew Hurt. He is genuinely uncertain about what to do regarding the NBA draft at this point. I had assumed he was 80 or 90% to enter the draft but I now think it may be much lower than that. Not saying he is coming back or even that he is leaning toward returning, but it is not nearly the longshot that it once seemed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    So, that tweet is folks making much ado about nothing. Duke MBB twitter ain't sending coded messages like that.

That said, I'm hearing nothing has been decided about Matthew Hurt. He is genuinely uncertain about what to do regarding the NBA draft at this point. I had assumed he was 80 or 90% to enter the draft but I now think it may be much lower than that. Not saying he is coming back or even that he is leaning toward returning, but it is not nearly the longshot that it once seemed to be.

So how many minutes will Hurt be playing next season.

So how many minutes will Hurt be playing next season.
    In the G-League?

For those not clicking (or no able to click) on this bald link, it says "hurts not having to update this one this year, but we will be back" (and includes a Duke-centric "One Shining Moment" montage).

It wouldn't surprised me either way with Matthew Hurt. He's good enough to be in the league because he has one elite skill which will translate to the next level, but he also has been at Duke two years and played 0 NCAA tournament games. That has to be a bummer for him. As a guy who is projected in the 2nd round of the draft, he could go either way.

He may get a slight drop in usage on next year's team, but still I could see him getting better and improving his draft stock. If he did return, he wouldn't be the most talented guy on the roster (maybe not even top 3), but I would still bet on him leading the team in scoring. He will easily be the best shooter on the team, and will have a much easier time getting open with Paolo and AJ commanding much more attention from opponents defensively than his teammates this past season.

In breaking news Joey Baker assures the Duke nation that Cassius Stanley will be back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    In breaking news Joey Baker assures the Duke nation that Cassius Stanley will be back next year.
    What are his thoughts on Dewey v. Truman?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Or tortoise v. hare?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Does he know who kidnapped the Lindbergh baby?

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Does he know who kidnapped the Lindbergh baby?
    Everybody knows it was Jimmy Hoffa.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Everybody knows it was Jimmy Hoffa.
    Or, was it Amelia Earhart?

I know everyone is bored and trying to be funny etc. but I wish these threads would be kept a bit better on track. People click on them hoping for news or information or opinions about the topic at hand and often have to wade through so much which, while it may be cute or funny (or not) has nothing to do with the topic of the thread.