Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Is he, perchance, “alarmingly unathletic”? It’s worked for us before!

-jk
    Jon Scheyer. I'll take that.

Quote Originally Posted by brlftz View Post
    Sounds like Matt Jones 2.0
    Matt Jones comparison is laughable. Matt could barely dunk. Trevor is pretty damn athletic. Trent is a far closer comparison athleticism-wise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkjL1aBdHc0

welcome to the party, pal !!!!!!!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Trevor thanked God... and so did I. Whew!!!

Welcome to Duke, Mr Keels!

Mods, thanks for changing the thread title--I forgot the traditional wording.

Good news for a change. Welcome to Duke Trevor Keels. Thanks to Jeremy for helping with the recruitment. Hopefully we will keep everybody else and add one or two more. (Maybe Baldwin) 🤞

Paul VI south - love it! Welcome Trevor

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    More diverse scorer but likely not the same defender

Trent is arguably a better comp.
    Trent is a better comp for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by WHOneedsSOX View Post
    Just watch a highlight video of him. He seems to be a very below the rim type player. He barely gets off the ground on his layups and looks like he's barely able to dunk. Also looked a bit slow. Anyone know of his lack of athleticism is a weakness of his? Or did I just watch a video where he was conserving it?
    Duke will be "alarmingly unathletic"

Thanks, we needed that.

Keels’ strength appears to be spot-up shooter with range. We will need that. If he approximates Gary Trent, then I will be elated. Gary had that mid-range game as well where he would penetrate and pull up at the top of the key. If Keels can pick that up, then that’s bonus. I see why Coach told him to work on getting leaner. He’s bulky, which seems to limit is dribble-pen game and explosiveness. But he’s a fearless shooter. Will be fun to watch.

Awesome! So glad to hear this news, especially after learning that DJ was leaving.
    Welcome to the family!

Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post
    Matt Jones comparison is laughable. Matt could barely dunk. Trevor is pretty damn athletic. Trent is a far closer comparison athleticism-wise.

I was simply responding to the post I quoted. Someone with a profile comparable to Trent would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post

Did the director from the Bourne Identity movies make that video? Get that man a tripod!

Keels looks to be really solidly built. Won't be getting outmuscled in the way that Steward sometimes did. We'll have to see how he adjusts to the speed of the college game. I like the Trent comparison, he had a really underrated season for us. Hopefully this roster can spread the floor better than that team and give the guards some room to drive inside.

Welcome to Duke, Trevor! LGD GTHcGTH!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Ty Ty Washington?
    He looked every bit the PG we need against Monteverde today

Quote Originally Posted by WHOneedsSOX View Post
    Just watch a highlight video of him. He seems to be a very below the rim type player. He barely gets off the ground on his layups and looks like he's barely able to dunk. Also looked a bit slow. Anyone know of his lack of athleticism is a weakness of his? Or did I just watch a video where he was conserving it?
    Slow, not explosive but can shoot. Exactly what the Dr ordered. He can be a great college player.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_Wilson View Post
    I was worried Keels committing might lead to a Roach transfer. I didn't realize they were friends. Glad to hear it. This may explain DJ going pro. It certainly softens the blow.
    If DJ Steward thinks he has a shot at the NBA, he certainly believes that playing time a Duke would be available. (And I think it would have been.)
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Keels?

I hear those are good for helping keep ships upright.
    1200. DDMF.

Keels and Roach together. I haven't watched this yet, but I think I will before the summer is done.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.