Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Slow, not explosive but can shoot. Exactly what the Dr ordered. He can be a great college player.
    Awesome. Thanks for that. Will be great to have another good shooter at Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Slow, not explosive but can shoot. Exactly what the Dr ordered. He can be a great college player.
    For one year or two?

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    For one year or two?
    at this rate, I'm happy if people are here for a whole season.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by WHOneedsSOX View Post
    Just watch a highlight video of him. He seems to be a very below the rim type player. He barely gets off the ground on his layups and looks like he's barely able to dunk. Also looked a bit slow. Anyone know of his lack of athleticism is a weakness of his? Or did I just watch a video where he was conserving it?
    lol

analysis!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Keels said he played four years with Roach and they practiced together. I guess he may have played with him before high school.
    Aside from the Plumlee brothers (or any other set of siblings), has Duke ever had two players on the same roster who were also multi-year high school teammates?

I went back a few years and saw that Matt Jones and Marques Bolden both went to DeSoto, but they were three years apart so they overlapped for one year of college and presumably one year of high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    For one year or two?
    Trade 1 for one more Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Aside from the Plumlee brothers (or any other set of siblings), has Duke ever had two players on the same roster who were also multi-year high school teammates?

I went back a few years and saw that Matt Jones and Marques Bolden both went to DeSoto, but they were three years apart so they overlapped for one year of college and presumably one year of high school.
    Similarly, Grant Hill and Joey Beard went to the same high school and were also three years apart so if they overlapped in HS, it would have only been for one year. I think that's the closest it gets (excluding brothers like the Caldbecks) unless there is a pair from way back.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Similarly, Grant Hill and Joey Beard went to the same high school and were also three years apart so if they overlapped in HS, it would have only been for one year. I think that's the closest it gets (excluding brothers like the Caldbecks) unless there is a pair from way back.
    Those were the days, when Vermont guys ruled Duke's roster...

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post

Haven't come up with any to meet that criteria; Danny Ferry and Kenny Blakeney were both DeMatha guys not too far apart, but did not overlap.

dunno if this has been posted, but some good info on Keels' game and some advice K gave him:https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...mit-2021-class

Welcome Trevor! Jersey #2 and a room at the WaDuke just opened yesterday! Stay a while!

As someone said somewhere, the best thing about freshmen is they become sophomores...except that happens less and less at Duke these days!

Quote Originally Posted by WHOneedsSOX View Post
    Just watch a highlight video of him. He seems to be a very below the rim type player. He barely gets off the ground on his layups and looks like he's barely able to dunk. Also looked a bit slow. Anyone know of his lack of athleticism is a weakness of his? Or did I just watch a video where he was conserving it?
    Thank you, Debbie Downer.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    at this rate, I'm happy if people are here for a whole season.
    I heard that in Rodney Dangerfield’s voice. Funny stuff. ✅

Welcome to Duke Trevor !

A Very Good Friday for sure !

Quote Originally Posted by TywinBlue View Post
    Welcome to Duke Trevor !

A Very Good Friday for sure !
    Y. Need one more guard. Right now really just roach at pg and keels at sg. Other “guard types” Joey baker and Wendell Moore but really need another distributor as they are larger guards

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Y. Need one more guard. Right now really just roach at pg and keels at sg. Other “guard types” Joey baker and Wendell Moore but really need another distributor as they are larger guards
    With our outstanding front line we are going to see a lot of zones next year
    A zone buster shooter or two would be nice to have in the toolbox for such occasions...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    dunno if this has been posted, but some good info on Keels' game and some advice K gave him:https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...mit-2021-class
    This statement jumped out to me:

“He is best at putting pressure on a defense with his consistent jumper.”

If Keels can consistently knock down 3 PT FG, he will be a big asset.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    This statement jumped out to me:

“He is best at putting pressure on a defense with his consistent jumper.”

If Keels can consistently knock down 3 PT FG, he will be a big asset.
    Obviously we desperately needed him (or a high quality transfer) for next years roster. But, as you implied, he’s a big “if” as a Freshman major asset. Joey Baker, HS recruiting ranked in low 30’s, also came with shooting prowess and maybe Baker is a strong comp.

Think in prior decades we’d be exited to see him progress as a Sophomore, Junior, etc. but that likelihood has narrowed. The star from afar is always brighter.

turnert (he who knows what he's talking about) says K first saw Keels in late 2019 and fell in love with his game...and he gave him the advice (evidently followed) to lose weight to improve his game.

Really glad Trevor picked Duke because the loss of DJ really put a big ? mark on our backcourt for next season. The options before the commitment were: Roach, Wendell and Joey. I don't think we would have seen AJ or Paulo in the backcourt much next season. I still believe we need one more guard and I also believe Coach K will get one. I wouldn't be surprised if he has been working on that for a while now. Maybe Ty Ty Washington would be a good get. He has point guard skills which would take some of the pressure off Roach. I'm not saying he would get major minutes, but he could be there when/if we have foul trouble. Roach did tend to get into foul difficulty at times this season..

GoDuke!