Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 270

Thread: 2021 MLB Season

  1. #41
    The St. Louis Cardinals defeated the Milwaukee Brewers 3-1 today at the home opener at Busch Stadium. The Cardinals won their 4th game in a row to improve to 5-2. Nolan Arenado in his Busch Stadium debut as a Cardinal hit a 2 run HR in the bottom of the 8th which proved to be the game winning HR. Other notables included:

    Adam Wainwright: 5 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 2 BBs, 6 Ks
    Alex Reyes: 1 IP, 1 H, 1 K in the 9th inning for the save

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    The St. Louis Cardinals defeated the Milwaukee Brewers 3-1 today at the home opener at Busch Stadium. The Cardinals won their 4th game in a row to improve to 5-2. Nolan Arenado in his Busch Stadium debut as a Cardinal hit a 2 run HR in the bottom of the 8th which proved to be the game winning HR. Other notables included:

    Adam Wainwright: 5 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 2 BBs, 6 Ks
    Alex Reyes: 1 IP, 1 H, 1 K in the 9th inning for the save
    You covered it all it seems. Alex with 3 saves already in this young season. I'm just hoping he stays healthy for the entire season. The team decided not to put him in the starting rotation due to previous injuries and to keep his pitch count down. The young man was one of our top prospects before the injuries occurred. Arenado seems to love playing for the Cards and the fans love him and he's off to a good start. Goldy missed the home opener due to back pain. Hope that's not a big issue. The lineup takes a hit when Carpenter has to play.

    GoRedbirds!

  3. #43
    Yadier Molina is 3 games away from catching his 2,000th career game. He will become the only catcher in MLB history to do it all with one team.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Yadier Molina is 3 games away from catching his 2,000th career game. He will become the only catcher in MLB history to do it all with one team.
    Wow. Did not know that.

  5. #45
    The St. Louis Cardinals have lost 3 games in a row to fall to .500 at 5-5 with 152 games remaining. Last night’s loss came at Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Missouri to the Washington Nationals 5-2.

    A bright spot last night for the Cardinals was the continued hot hitting of catcher Yadier Molina. He was 1-4 with a solo HR. He is now batting .353 this season with 2 HRs and 8 RBI. He now has 2,013 career hits and 162 career HRs.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    The St. Louis Cardinals have lost 3 games in a row to fall to .500 at 5-5 with 152 games remaining. Last night’s loss came at Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Missouri to the Washington Nationals 5-2.

    A bright spot last night for the Cardinals was the continued hot hitting of catcher Yadier Molina. He was 1-4 with a solo HR. He is now batting .353 this season with 2 HRs and 8 RBI. He now has 2,013 career hits and 162 career HRs.
    The starting rotation has not been good for the Cardinals. Maybe KK can come back soon and pitch like he did last season. Martinez and Ponce are not dependable in my opinion and I don't know what to expect from Miles who has been injured for two seasons now. I wish the President of Operations and owner would have picked up a starter during the offseason.

    GoRedbirds!

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    The starting rotation has not been good for the Cardinals. Maybe KK can come back soon and pitch like he did last season. Martinez and Ponce are not dependable in my opinion and I don't know what to expect from Miles who has been injured for two seasons now. I wish the President of Operations and owner would have picked up a starter during the offseason.

    GoRedbirds!
    No doubt. Hoping KK comes back soon and can give the Cardinals a reliable LHP starter. Agree on Ponce and Tsunami (Carlos Martinez). Very talented young arms but inconsistent. Gant threw the ball ok last night. Miles is a question mark coming back from an injury. Flaherty vs Strasburg tonight SHOULD be a pitcher’s duel but you never know.

    The Cubs are 4-6 right now so I don’t feel too bad about the Cardinals being 5-5 and .500 through the first ten games

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    No doubt. Hoping KK comes back soon and can give the Cardinals a reliable LHP starter. Agree on Ponce and Tsunami (Carlos Martinez). Very talented young arms but inconsistent. Gant threw the ball ok last night. Miles is a question mark coming back from an injury. Flaherty vs Strasburg tonight SHOULD be a pitcher’s duel but you never know.

    The Cubs are 4-6 right now so I don’t feel too bad about the Cardinals being 5-5 and .500 through the first ten games
    Yes it's still early and MO might be active at the deadline. But our September schedule is a killer. Take a look and you'll see what I mean. We better have a good lead in the Central or we might be looking at a wild card spot at best.

    GoRedbirds!

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Yes it's still early and MO might be active at the deadline. But our September schedule is a killer. Take a look and you'll see what I mean. We better have a good lead in the Central or we might be looking at a wild card spot at best.

    GoRedbirds!
    Yeah, lots of games vs the Brewers, Reds, and Cubs in September plus out of division games vs the Dodgers and Padres. It will be a tough month. Just want to stay healthy and be in position to make the playoffs this season, honestly.

  10. #50
    The St. Louis Cardinals got back over .500 last night with a 14-3 win over the visiting Washington Nationals at Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Missouri.

    The win pushed the record of the Cardinals to 6-5.

    Jack Flaherty threw 5 innings while allowing just 3 hits, an earned run, and striking out 6.

    Other notables included: Matt Carpenter - 1-4 with a 2-run HR and 3 RBI.

    Paul Goldschmidt was 2-4 with a solo HR, 2 runs scored, and 3 RBI.

    Nolan Arenado was 2-3 with a 2-run HR, 2 runs scored, and 3 RBI.

    Tommy Edman was 2-5 with 2 runs scored.

    Dylan Carlson was 3-4 with 2 runs scored.

    Justin Williams was 2-4 with a run scored and 3 RBI.

    Today’s rubber match will be played at 12:15 CT at Busch stadium and feature Joe Ross starting on the hill for the Nationals opposite Adam Wainwright.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    The St. Louis Cardinals got back over .500 last night with a 14-3 win over the visiting Washington Nationals at Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Missouri.

    The win pushed the record of the Cardinals to 6-5.

    Jack Flaherty threw 5 innings while allowing just 3 hits, an earned run, and striking out 6.

    Other notables included: Matt Carpenter - 1-4 with a 2-run HR and 3 RBI.

    Paul Goldschmidt was 2-4 with a solo HR, 2 runs scored, and 3 RBI.

    Nolan Arenado was 2-3 with a 2-run HR, 2 runs scored, and 3 RBI.

    Tommy Edman was 2-5 with 2 runs scored.

    Dylan Carlson was 3-4 with 2 runs scored.

    Justin Williams was 2-4 with a run scored and 3 RBI.

    Today’s rubber match will be played at 12:15 CT at Busch stadium and feature Joe Ross starting on the hill for the Nationals opposite Adam Wainwright.
    Flaherty with back to back good outings, and Arenado and Goldy are raking. Need more starting pitching.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Flaherty with back to back good outings, and Arenado and Goldy are raking. Need more starting pitching.
    Totally agree. Would be nice for KK to return and be a quality LHP and for Mikolas to come back healthy and ready to chew up some innings.

    Arenado and Goldy are tearing the cover off the ball. Need to take the rubber match today before an off day tomorrow then a 3 game series in Philadelphia vs a good Phillies club.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    The Barves are apparently sucking wind thus far, staring down the barrel of a possible sweep by the Marlins today. Locals on the radio are already wringing hands and gnashing teeth. I love it.

  14. #54
    Yadier Molina will be catching his 2,000th career game today in St. Louis. I mentioned this up thread. That is good for 6th most all time among catchers.

    However, he is the only catcher in MLB history to do it all with one club.

    Pretty amazing statistic and player.

  15. #55
    Rookie Akil "Yabada" Baddoo is lighting it up in Detroit. He's destroying some baseballs. And, he's really cute!

    Figures that while there is a little sparkle of joy in The D, there's general upset in MLB. Sighhhhh...

    See what I did there?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  16. #56
    Happy Jackie Robinson Day! Today MLB celebrates an icon that is among the most important pieces of MLB’s history!

    #42

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Happy Jackie Robinson Day! Today MLB celebrates an icon that is among the most important pieces of MLB’s history!

    #42
    I owned a Jackie Robinson signed ball, part of a auction block from Lelands. I purchased it because it included a signed program with Cardinal favorites Rogers Hornsby, Joe Medwick Marty Marion, Wild Bill Hallahan and Jim Bottomley. Ended up selling the ball, I was concerned because the autograph was faded, a 4 out of 10. Kept the letter of authenticity from Rachel Robinson saying it came from Jackie’s personal collection. Wish I had a Robinson autograph, great story to go with the Branch Rickey - Cardinal connection.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    I owned a Jackie Robinson signed ball, part of a auction block from Lelands. I purchased it because it included a signed program with Cardinal favorites Rogers Hornsby, Joe Medwick Marty Marion, Wild Bill Hallahan and Jim Bottomley. Ended up selling the ball, I was concerned because the autograph was faded, a 4 out of 10. Kept the letter of authenticity from Rachel Robinson saying it came from Jackie’s personal collection. Wish I had a Robinson autograph, great story to go with the Branch Rickey - Cardinal connection.
    Wow, that is really cool! Those are some Cardinal greats!

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Happy Jackie Robinson Day! Today MLB celebrates an icon that is among the most important pieces of MLB’s history!

    #42
    Among the most important pieces of American history! As Ken Burns discussed at length from his New Hampshire barn on the ESPN baseball broadcast last night, Jackie was before the military integrated, before Rosa Parks, before MLK, etc. If he hadn't been a great baseball player and a courageous and dignified human being, progress on civil rights would have been pushed back who knows how long.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    Among the most important pieces of American history! As Ken Burns discussed at length from his New Hampshire barn on the ESPN baseball broadcast last night, Jackie was before the military integrated, before Rosa Parks, before MLK, etc. If he hadn't been a great baseball player and a courageous and dignified human being, progress on civil rights would have been pushed back who knows how long.
    That is absolutely right! I enjoy seeing all the MLB clubs wearing Jackie Robinson’s number 42 today and tomorrow. Just the ultimate show of respect for the legend.

Similar Threads

  1. Lax: The 2021 Season
    By burnspbesq in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 638
    Last Post: Today, 12:22 AM
  2. NFL Playoffs 2021
    By Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 573
    Last Post: 02-09-2021, 03:22 PM
  3. 2021 MLB Hot Stove
    By Blue in the Face in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-07-2021, 08:55 AM
  4. Can we just move to 2021 right now?
    By dudog84 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 242
    Last Post: 01-09-2021, 09:26 AM
  5. Who’s your surprise player for the 2020-2021 season?
    By Jaks19 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 05-19-2020, 01:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •