Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MLB Season

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    The Braves seem to have the Nats number the past few seasons, so as a Nats fan I’m never happy to see them and I’m sure they will turn it around in DC this week.
    The last game I attended at Nats park (2019) was a loss to the Braves, sigh...

The Braves seem to have the Nats number the past few seasons, so as a Nats fan I’m never happy to see them and I’m sure they will turn it around in DC this week.
    Well, the Barves suffered an apparently distressing sweep over the weekend and have lost several in a row. Teeth being gnashed all across town this morning. Hope the Nats get back on track, and they look to have a decent chance; word is that the Barves apparently neglected to purchase a bullpen for this season.

The St. Louis Cardinals defeated the New York Mets 6-5 last night at Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Missouri. The win was the 5th in a row for the Cardinals who are the hottest team in the MLB in the past 10 games at 8-2. The win pushed the record of the Cardinals to 17-12 and into a tie for first place with the Milwaukee Brewers atop the NL Central.

Adam Wainwright earned his first win of the season for the Cardinals and the 168th win of his career. Alex Reyes earned his 8th save in 8 opportunities for the Cardinals this year to go along with a 0.00 ERA. The 8 saves are good for 2nd most in the MLB.

Offensively, Nolan Arenado hit his 5th HR of the season, a 3-run HR. Harrison Bader hit his 2nd HR in as many games.

The Cardinals and Mets will play game two of their four game series tonight. Johan Oviedo will get the start for the Cardinals and Jacob DeGrom gets the start for the Mets. Game time is set for 6:45 pm CT.

Let’s Go Cardinals!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    The St. Louis Cardinals defeated the New York Mets 6-5 last night at Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Missouri. The win was the 5th in a row for the Cardinals who are the hottest team in the MLB in the past 10 games at 8-2. The win pushed the record of the Cardinals to 17-12 and into a tie for first place with the Milwaukee Brewers atop the NL Central.

Adam Wainwright earned his first win of the season for the Cardinals and the 168th win of his career. Alex Reyes earned his 8th save in 8 opportunities for the Cardinals this year to go along with a 0.00 ERA. The 8 saves are good for 2nd most in the MLB.

Offensively, Nolan Arenado hit his 5th HR of the season, a 3-run HR. Harrison Bader hit his 2nd HR in as many games.

The Cardinals and Mets will play game two of their four game series tonight. Johan Oviedo will get the start for the Cardinals and Jacob DeGrom gets the start for the Mets. Game time is set for 6:45 pm CT.

Let’s Go Cardinals!
    Waino came off the Covid IL to pitch the game last night. His wife and his 5 children all had Covid, but Adam did not. It seems his wife had the worst of the virus. So bad, she called Adam and told him to please come home. She couldn't handle this by herself. Adam then told manager Mike Shildt that he was leaving the team and it wasn't up for discussion. Of course Shildt gave Adam full support and said Wainwright puts family first. So after several days in which Jenny got to feeling better, Waino came back to pitch. It wasn't one of his best efforts as he went 5 2/3 innings giving up 5 runs(2 runs in the 2nd and 3 runs in the 3rd). Nolan Arenado hit a 3 run homer to tie the game and Harrison Bader hit his 2nd homer since coming off the IL. Nolan's came after he barely nicked a foul ball on what would have been a strikeout, but the home plate ump ruled he nicked the ball. After fouling off another ball, Nolan hit the 3 run homer. This was the 3rd straight game the Cards have hit a 3 run homer. Looks like they're getting the job done with the long ball. Tonight it's going to be tough as they face Degrom who is going on an extra days rest. The last time he pitched with an extra days rest, he struck out 15 batters. He might set a record tonight as the Cards have been known to swing and miss a lot.

GoRedbirds!

Let’s Go Cardinals!
    Let’s go Redbirds! Beat the Mets!

Sincerely,

Nats fans

Let’s go Redbirds! Beat the Mets!

Sincerely,

Nats fans
    The Cardinals are playing some ball right now but tonight and tomorrow will be true tests of their team, especially their lineup. They’re facing DeGrom tonight and Stroman tomorrow night. Both have the ability to dominate, especially DeGrom obviously.

The NL East after over a month of baseball is really struggling. No teams over .500, one team at .500, and 4 teams under .500. The Braves being this bad is probably the most shocking to me. The Nats have won 4 in a row and have the potential to be very good this year. They’ll have their hands full vs the Braves lineup this week and it will be interesting to see Lester start for them Thursday afternoon. I went to a Nats game vs the Cardinals a few weeks ago at Nats Park with my wife, her sister, and a friend. I love watching games there. It can sometimes be a hassle taking the metro to the game with crowds but since the attendance capacity is currently restricted due to COVID, it wasn’t crowded at all. I went to a game one time vs the Cubs there with a friend and it went extra innings. The Metro stopped running at I believe 11 pm or midnight that night and the game ended around that time. We had to scramble to get on it and barely made it but some others weren’t as lucky. Took a detour home and had to change trains several times. I also went to Stephen Strasburg’s MLB debut there on June 8th, 2010 vs the Pirates. He produced a franchise record 14 strikeouts that night in 7 IP. Went to game 3 of the 2019 NLCS vs the Cardinals there and sat front row beside the Cardinals dugout on the third base line. Strasburg shut the Cardinals down that night and the Nats beat Flaherty. The Nats swept the Cardinals that NLCS en route to obviously their lone World Series in franchise history. They have come quite a long way as an organization. I find their fans very knowledgeable and friendly generally and they have a lot of good players I respect. Dave Martinez is a fine man. And they let the Cardinals have Mike Maddux as pitching coach

By the way, if anyone thinks I talk too much about my St. Louis Cardinals, just tell me to shut my pie hole I am almost as passionate about my Redbirds as I am about Duke Basketball. Well, during the summer when the Cardinals are playing well, my fandom passion may be neck and neck

The Cardinals are traditionally labeled as having the best fans in baseball. I hope to embody and represent that in my fandom to others with class, dignity, humility, and respect. And if anyone is ever in St. Louis when your team is playing at Busch Stadium and you’ve never attended a game there, I will be the first to buy you a tall, cool Budweiser or drink of your choice.

The Chicago Cubs are ripping the daylights out of Clayton Kershaw early st Wrigley right now as part of a doubleheader. It’s 4-0 Cubbies in the bottom of the first inning.

Shortest start of Kershaw’s career today. 1 IP (on 39 pitches).

The Tigers continue their Charitable Contribution Tour at Fenway this evening, as they bring happiness to every park they visit (except their home park).

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    The Tigers continue their Charitable Contribution Tour at Fenway this evening, as they bring happiness to every park they visit (except their home park).
    With all the top draft choices the Tigers have received from poor finishes in baseball, you would think they would be getting back to respectability. I remember the Al Kaline, Norm Cash, Rocky Colavito, Herb Score, teams of long ago. Is it the front office that's not making smart draft choices. The Tigers and Lions don't give Detroit fans much to cheer for. I hope they can turn the franchise around.

Carpenter is getting the start at 3B tonight in place of Arenado and batting in the 5 hole, and Justin Williams gets the start in LF for O’Neill batting in the 6 hole. Bader gets another start in CF and bats in the 7 hole.

Looks like Shildt is giving Arenado and O’Neill a night off during a stretch of 17 games in 17 days.

Let’s Go Cardinals!

Carpenter is getting the start at 3B tonight in place of Arenado and batting in the 5 hole, and Justin Williams gets the start in LF for O’Neill batting in the 6 hole. Bader gets another start in CF and bats in the 7 hole.

Looks like Shildt is giving Arenado and O’Neill a night off during a stretch of 17 games in 17 days.

Let’s Go Cardinals!
    Looks like DeGrom is missing his start tonight due to shoulder tightness. I hate to see him have any injury. The guy has a terrific attitude and is so humble.

Just saw that it's tightness in his side not his shoulder. That's better news.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Looks like DeGrom is missing his start tonight due to shoulder tightness. I hate to see him have any injury. The guy has a terrific attitude and is so humble.

Just saw that it's tightness in his side not his shoulder. That's better news.
    Wow, I was looking forward to seeing him pitch!

Looks like the Mets will send 26 years old 6’7” Miguel Castro to the hill tonight at Busch Stadium.

No St. Louis Cardinals game tonight due to inclement weather in the St. Louis area.

A doubleheader will be played tomorrow starting at 4:15 CT.

The Braves are putting a beating on the Nats right now in the nation’s capital ...

The Braves are putting a beating on the Nats right now in the nation’s capital ...
    Ynoa pitching well, gave up 1 run over 7 innings for Atlanta.

I suppose I should also mention the grand slam he hit.

Stanton is hitting the ball really well with a four hit game and the Yanks beat the Astros tonight 7-3, knocking out Greinke early. Limited capacity Yankee fans got incredibly loud going after the Astros - only five players are left from the old Astros so they are "booing the uniform" but it was impressive - Altuve was the main target.

Well who could have seen that coming?

I’ll have to double check the stats, but I think Dansby Swanson is hitting in the neighborhood of .800 career against the Nats. I only see the Braves when they play the Nats but I’m convinced he’s the greatest shortstop in MLB history.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Stanton is hitting the ball really well with a four hit game and the Yanks beat the Astros tonight 7-3, knocking out Greinke early. Limited capacity Yankee fans got incredibly loud going after the Astros - only five players are left from the old Astros so they are "booing the uniform" but it was impressive - Altuve was the main target.
    I’m sure they were booing the specific players as well. There was a Cameron Crazy-Esque chant of “We don’t know you” for Kyle Tucker who was not on the cheating teams.

Reports indicate that the 10,000 or so fans in attendance sounded like a full house which i a impressive. MLB and / or the Yankees organizations did stop some protests confiscating an Astros trashcan, telling fans to take off Trashtros shirts, etc.