Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    So, I am a little ashamed of yesterday. I got interrupted after my 3rd set and never got back to them. So yesterday was only 60 for a total of 590.

Back on track today and just finished 100. Got to hit the road and drive several hours so I don't think I'm going to get any more in.

I believe, if I can add, that I'm up to 690 for the first 8 days. Averaging somewhere around 86/day.

Good to see we gained a new addition today. We may have lost some of our momentum on Wednesday.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I haven't been on DBR much lately and I just now saw this thread. I'm in! I'm a few days late so I'll need almost 100 a day but I should be able to take care of it. I'm in pretty good shape and I'm kinda built for pushups (light, short arms). First couple of days are often the hardest.

I stopped typing and did a set of 50 to get started! Ouch, played volleyball last night for the first time in more than a year...realized just now that I'm kinda sore!
    50/set is pretty impressive. Nice work!

I haven't been on DBR much lately and I just now saw this thread. I'm in! I'm a few days late so I'll need almost 100 a day but I should be able to take care of it. I'm in pretty good shape and I'm kinda built for pushups (light, short arms). First couple of days are often the hardest.

I stopped typing and did a set of 50 to get started! Ouch, played volleyball last night for the first time in more than a year...realized just now that I'm kinda sore!
    Quote Originally Posted by mpj96 View Post
    50/set is pretty impressive. Nice work!
    Not a bad start for an old guy :-). I did 4 sets yesterday 50, 50, 25, 25 and so far this morning I've done 4 sets of 25. So I'm at 250 total. I hope to get a few more sets in later today. After playing ball Wednesday and doing pushups yesterday...everything hurts a little (and I like it!).

I’ve fallen behind. I’ve been substituting a lot of biking for calisthenics. Doing my usual eight laps on our local airport runway after dark, about 20 miles. Someone commented up thread and asked if I really bike on the runway. Yes, but it’s perfectly safe and I have the proprietors permission. My brother hangers his plane there. The field lights are activated by airplane traffic and the airport gets virtually none after dark. Well not exactly. The Apache squadron based over at RDU I think they are air national guard, Likes to use the airport and practice their night vision maneuvers. So they don’t activate the field lights but fortunately the distinctive whop whop whop can be heard miles away so we have plenty of time to exit the active runway.. they like to make three approaches using their night vision systems. And of course a couple of bikers biking down the taxiway is too much to resist for a bit of hijinks. The other evening they exited the active runway and hovered about 100 feet over my brother and Me blasting us with the rotor wash. OK fine games on. Next time they cross the threshold on their third approach we mooned them. I’m sure their night vision equipment was merely an added assist. So they came up to taxiway again and hovered this time about 75 to 80 feet over us. I’m here to testify that an Apache helicopter hovering over you at about 80 feet is an intimidating experience. That is one fearsome piece of machinery.Your tax dollars at work. Newfound motivation to get back to push-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    I’ve fallen behind. I’ve been substituting a lot of biking for calisthenics. Doing my usual eight laps on our local airport runway after dark, about 20 miles. Someone commented up thread and asked if I really bike on the runway. Yes, but it’s perfectly safe and I have the proprietors permission. My brother hangers his plane there. The field lights are activated by airplane traffic and the airport gets virtually none after dark. Well not exactly. The Apache squadron based over at RDU I think they are air national guard, Likes to use the airport and practice their night vision maneuvers. So they don’t activate the field lights but fortunately the distinctive whop whop whop can be heard miles away so we have plenty of time to exit the active runway.. they like to make three approaches using their night vision systems. And of course a couple of bikers biking down the taxiway is too much to resist for a bit of hijinks. The other evening they exited the active runway and hovered about 100 feet over my brother and Me blasting us with the rotor wash. OK fine games on. Next time they cross the threshold on their third approach we mooned them. I’m sure their night vision equipment was merely an added assist. So they came up to taxiway again and hovered this time about 75 to 80 feet over us. I’m here to testify that an Apache helicopter hovering over you at about 80 feet is an intimidating experience. That is one fearsome piece of machinery.Your tax dollars at work. Newfound motivation to get back to push-ups.
    What a fun story!

In retrospect, quite the lark!

Still hanging in there with 4 sets of 10 each day of pushups/situps/leg lifts or scissors. Today I added 80 "flutter/swim" kicks to each set of 10. Hope to change soon to 3 sets of 15 each and continue the new addition. Arms and lower abdomen still a bit sore but lessening each day.

Thanks again to Nrrrrvous for this challenge.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Flutter kicks are great! They are sneaky and sneak up on you.

Not a bad start for an old guy :-). I did 4 sets yesterday 50, 50, 25, 25 and so far this morning I've done 4 sets of 25. So I'm at 250 total. I hope to get a few more sets in later today. After playing ball Wednesday and doing pushups yesterday...everything hurts a little (and I like it!).
    Day 3 for me. I did a set to 50 and 4 sets of 25 today after 6 sets of 25 yesterday. 3 day total of 450, 1750 to go!

Last 3 days: 50, nothing, 150. Total 815.

Quote Originally Posted by mpj96 View Post
    Flutter kicks are great! They are sneaky and sneak up on you.
    Thanks! The legs and lower abdominal muscles get a good amount of work with these.

Somebody said Ymm, Beer was sneaky, too, on good authority of course.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    That sounds pretty awesome!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

The end of last week got pretty crazy. Friday I drove two hours, went to a viewing, funeral and graveside service, then met with the family for a while and then drove 4 1/2 hours back home. No push ups for me.

Saturday I knocked out 50 in the AM and then shoveled out two truckloads of mulch. Ouch. No more pushups after that.

Yesterday actually was pretty good. I knocked out 100 in the evening. 4 sets of 25 fairly quickly.

That brings my grand total to 840 in 11 days. Not exactly where I wanted to be, but still doing OK!

Gonna try to do at least 100 before lunch. After lunch I get my second COVID shot, so not sure how I'm going to feel this evening/tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    The end of last week got pretty crazy. Friday I drove two hours, went to a viewing, funeral and graveside service, then met with the family for a while and then drove 4 1/2 hours back home. No push ups for me.

Saturday I knocked out 50 in the AM and then shoveled out two truckloads of mulch. Ouch. No more pushups after that.

Yesterday actually was pretty good. I knocked out 100 in the evening. 4 sets of 25 fairly quickly.

That brings my grand total to 840 in 11 days. Not exactly where I wanted to be, but still doing OK!

Gonna try to do at least 100 before lunch. After lunch I get my second COVID shot, so not sure how I'm going to feel this evening/tomorrow.
    Sore. You will be sore. Do the pushups anyway. I thought it really helped.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Sore. You will be sore. Do the pushups anyway. I thought it really helped.
    That's my current plan.

But you know what Tyson says about "plans"...

That's my current plan.

But you know what Tyson says about "plans"...
    That they are easily executed? Oh wait. The exact opposite.

Yesterday was tough for me. I knocked out 50 in the morning. But then I was outside doing yard work all day. Dug out two small trees (and replanted the first where the second came from). I moved a few yards of mulch (finally have that pile out of my driveway...was 15 yards, took weeks). Our charity took a donation from Campbell's Soup, 1750 lbs of soup on a palette. We worked to divide it up into piles and get it out of the trailer and into the garage. So by the time I came in, showered, ate an early dinner (my daughter cooked!), I basically passed out on the couch watching the Masters. I got up and later and knocked out 25 more painful pushups and thought I'd be done for the night. But right before going to bed I knocked out another 25...and thought I'd be done for the night. Insomnia, my old friend, had strange ideas about me getting to sleep so right before midnight I got up to get a snack and water...dropped and did 50 in the kitchen to end the night and hit 150. After starting late, I've had 4 days and I've done 150 a day for 600 (1600 left). Started this morning with 50. Have first night of golf league at 4:30. Have to figure out how to get more pushups in and still have something left for the course!

My yearly golf trip is starting the 28th and running thru the end of the month. I thinking I'm going to try and finish the 2200 before I head out on that trip. Looks like that 16 days so I can average 100 a day and make that.

Hope your second Covid shot goes well. My second Pfizer shot had an effect...the next morning I was a bit achey and nauseous. That lasted about 1/2 a day and then I was fine.

That sounds pretty awesome!
    I dunno. There's a not so very fine line between witty and clever, and stupid and sophomoric and I fear I was on the wrong side of the line.

AND to beat the band, I'VE been battling a UTI for the last 3 days, perhaps related to all the biking I've been doing. I've never had a UTI. Don't think I want one ever again. This thing has been busting my hump. Utter misery exacerbated by all the whining I've inflicted upon my relatives. The only plus is that I've lost 10 lbs in 3 days. That has to be some sort of record.

I'm on the delayed push-up several months extension plan.

100 done tonight. So total of 300 for April. I hope to do 100 more tomorrow.

I did 150 yesterday to push my total to 750. Pushups went better than my golf league....although the first night is used to set your handicap so I have kinda set myself up for success!

So far I've done 150 each day (I started on the 8th). They are not getting easier. Might take a day off later this week to see if that helps.