Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2200 Push Ups in April!

Anyone on board for the 2200 pushups in April to raise awareness for Veteran Suicide?

(No, this is not an April Fool's Joke)

https://www.facebook.com/Mi22ion/pho...896833/?type=3

That works out to "only" 73 pushups a day. C'mon, we can do it!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Anyone on board for the 2200 pushups in April to raise awareness for Veteran Suicide?

I’m getting some stitches out today. Assuming the doc clears me for it, I’m in!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I’m getting some stitches out today. Assuming the doc clears me for it, I’m in!
    Alright!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Alright!
    I'm game. Been doing a push-up/back work-out 1x/week so this will be a good way to mix it up --- and, I've got my fair share of veterans in the family.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I'm game. Been doing a push-up/back work-out 1x/week so this will be a good way to mix it up --- and, I've got my fair share of veterans in the family.
    Sweet!

I started with a couple sets of 15 this morning. So I'm at 30 for today. I thought I'd separate them a little bit and not dive into 75 all at once on the first morning. Will do a couple more sets this afternoon.

No problem!

Do modified pushups count?

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Do modified pushups count?
    Sure!!

I started this with a buddy in January and it has been phenomenal. I started with sets of 30 and did 150 a day 5 times a week for 3 weeks. I was shocked how sore it made me. That soreness lasted for about 10 days, so be prepared for that. I also spaced them out at about every 30 minutes. It turns out that interval was too long. I was much tighter and hurt worse at 30 minute intervals. I found that 20 minutes was much easier and I hurt less.

Can I do sit ups? Bum wrist.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Can I do sit ups? Bum wrist.
    Sure!

75 in the tank. 3 x 25 w/o much trouble. My once per week chest workouts usually involves around 200 push-ups in different hand positions so think I'll bump up to 100/day. No Clemmons numbers that's for sure.

If it were 73 push ups in April, I'd be on board...wrist injury last month is really making it hard to put weight on my hand like that.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    If it were 73 push ups in April, I'd be on board...wrist injury last month is really making it hard to put weight on my hand like that.
    Dunking?

Just did my second round for the day and realized two things...

1) I have really lost my ability to do pushups since cancelling my gym membership last April.

2) I should have done more this morning. It was much harder to do them this afternoon.

It was a struggle, but I did three more sets of 15, for a total for the day of 75! Gonna have to get that number higher in case I miss a day in there somewhere (like when I get my second Pfizer dose on the 12th!), but it was a start.

Just did my second round for the day and realized two things...

1) I have really lost my ability to do pushups since cancelling my gym membership last April.

2) I should have done more this morning. It was much harder to do them this afternoon.

It was a struggle, but I did three more sets of 15, for a total for the day of 75! Gonna have to get that number higher in case I miss a day in there somewhere (like when I get my second Pfizer dose on the 12th!), but it was a start.
    As someone who has been doing this for three months now I can offer some suggestions. Don't wait longer than 15 to 20 minutes between sets. You get too tight and you will be miserable if you do. I strained a muscle early in my Odyssey waiting too long and getting too tight. You are going to be impossibly sore for 10 days. Grind through it because that gets better. I'm up to 500 a day 6 days a week and I do sets of 55 to 70. But I sure didn't start that way.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    You and Weezie can do situps! We don't care!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I started this with a buddy in January and it has been phenomenal. I started with sets of 30 and did 150 a day 5 times a week for 3 weeks. I was shocked how sore it made me. That soreness lasted for about 10 days, so be prepared for that. I also spaced them out at about every 30 minutes. It turns out that interval was too long. I was much tighter and hurt worse at 30 minute intervals. I found that 20 minutes was much easier and I hurt less.
    At those numbers 2200 in April should be a piece of cake! Mmm, cake. Wait! Push Ups!!!

I’m in. 50 today.

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    I’m in. 50 today.
    Great! One more!