Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    25 Wide, 25 Tricep, and 25 Decline in the bag.

2-day total 150. May do some more later if I'm feeling froggy.
    Nice! I remember when I could mix 'em up like that!

Maybe by the end of the month!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Oops behind a bit. Now at 70 but have been at it less than 24 hours. Got to get in my usual 15 miles on the bike at Person County Airport after sunset. Be sure to key your mike 5 times on Person County's frequency to activate the field lights if you're coming for a visit. I don't want a Cessna 182 buzzin up my behind.
    I'm confused. Are you actually riding on the runways?
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Those diminishing 12 and 16 ounce curls are part of the reason I need the 2200 push ups!
    Wrong thread/right thread .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Started yesterday with 30 push-ups*, 30 sit-ups and 30 scissors/leg lifts; 3 sets of 10 each. Will try for more today. I need a bit of work on the middle age paunch as well as upper body strength. Hoping to increase maybe by +5 each day and get to 50/50/50.

*no padding
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Today I started out great! 3 sets of 20 went very well. Then came the 4th set. Oof. Not so much. Had to break the 4th set up into 10, 10 and 5.

But... 85 today!

240 total for 3 days!

How's everybody else doing?

I'm definitely sore. My wife says "You're doing what? Straight from 0 to 75? That's dumb." She's probably right.

25 standard, 25 tricep, 25 wide. 75 done.

Didn’t do extra yesterday. Maybe today.

Today I started out great! 3 sets of 20 went very well. Then came the 4th set. Oof. Not so much. Had to break the 4th set up into 10, 10 and 5.

But... 85 today!

240 total for 3 days!

How's everybody else doing?

I'm definitely sore. My wife says "You're doing what? Straight from 0 to 75? That's dumb." She's probably right.
    The soreness is a legitimate issue. I assumed it would be better after 3 days...and I was incorrect. Over the summer last year my son and I did a bench press challenge to increase our max. I increased by 25 lbs in 6 weeks. After that we looked for a new challenge and started a pushup challenge 300/day for a month. I assumed I could just start with 300 and I was absolutely incorrect. I felt absolutely wrecked after 4 days. It was brutal. This time I ramped slowly. I'm old.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    The soreness is a legitimate issue. I assumed it would be better after 3 days...and I was incorrect. Over the summer last year my son and I did a bench press challenge to increase our max. I increased by 25 lbs in 6 weeks. After that we looked for a new challenge and started a pushup challenge 300/day for a month. I assumed I could just start with 300 and I was absolutely incorrect. I felt absolutely wrecked after 4 days. It was brutal. This time I ramped slowly. I'm old.
    I was hoping to increase by increments of 5 until I couldn't anymore. That may come sooner than I think. We'll see.

Now to go out and do yard work all day. That's sure to help, right?

I was hoping to increase by increments of 5 until I couldn't anymore. That may come sooner than I think. We'll see.

Now to go out and do yard work all day. That's sure to help, right?
    Actually it might. Using different muscles and stretching you out. Or you could overwork and tear something. Definitely one of those. Good luck!

I'm way behind but have completed the first 75* (might be 100 but I'll go with the lower number). Not sure what it says about my current life when the 2 of the sets of 25 were done around 2-3am.

* Being of very poor upper body strength, they are wall push ups. Starting to feel it in my triceps. Have no idea if my form is correct but if you feel it, without massive pain, it's all good, right?

At 75 and holding. After day 1 I developed edema in my right hand. Waiting for the swelling to subside. Should be able to resume this afternoon. I needed this more than I realized

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    At 75 and holding. After day 1 I developed edema in my right hand. Waiting for the swelling to subside. Should be able to resume this afternoon. I needed this more than I realized
    Hope so! Let us know.

And yes, I needed this more than I realized also.

Anyone on board for the 2200 pushups in April to raise awareness for Veteran Suicide?

(No, this is not an April Fool's Joke)

https://www.facebook.com/Mi22ion/pho...896833/?type=3

That works out to "only" 73 pushups a day. C'mon, we can do it!
    I fully support this wonderful cause, and thank you for doing this.

I won't be able to do push-ups every day, but I'll try to do 100 one day a week. So I won't get there by April 30, but with persistence I'll cross the finish line eventually. I'm at 0, but will try for the first 100 Monday or Tuesday

Strong work

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    25 standard, 25 tricep, 25 wide. 75 done.

Didn’t do extra yesterday. Maybe today.
    Added 25 decline for 100 today.

75 day 3, total 225.

100 for me today!!

Some interesting sets of 20, 20, 18, 15, 15 and 12 but they are done! All within about a half hour this morning. I really do think it's better that way.

Who's still with me?

That's a total of 340 for me. I'm trying to go above average in case I have to miss a day or so after getting my 2nd Pfizer shot. We'll see.

100 for me today!!

Some interesting sets of 20, 20, 18, 15, 15 and 12 but they are done! All within about a half hour this morning. I really do think it's better that way.

Who's still with me?

That's a total of 340 for me. I'm trying to go above average in case I have to miss a day or so after getting my 2nd Pfizer shot. We'll see.
    Great work! As for push-ups following your vaccine, my arm was so sore it felt like they had given me my shot with a revolver. I looked for an exit wound. So expect a crazy level of soreness, but I did do my push-ups that day and I think it helped.

100 for me today!!

Who's still with me?

I don't think Pfizer #2 will affect your push-ups at all. I felt the soreness, but it doesn't take away your strength.

100 for me today!!

Who's still with me?

I'm with you. Can I have an extension of 22 weeks to do this? I think 100 a week will be realistic for me. Somebody has to be the caboose.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I don't think Pfizer #2 will affect your push-ups at all. I felt the soreness, but it doesn't take away your strength.
    So 100% of the posters from Surry County feel this way. That has to carry a lot of weight on this board.