Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    40 miles in a month? I get that waking my dog!

-jk
    No dog here and I haven't been good about walking*. Need to get back to that and to regular bike rides.

*working until midnight multiple times a week may play a slight role in that. Being lazy would be the other part.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    I knocked out my 100 on Tuesday and again on Thursday. (Don't ask about Wednesday...)

That puts me at 2190 with today left. I think I can knock out 10

I shall post when I comeplete!

I'm thinking of adding situps to the routine starting tomorrow. Any suggestions on a good number to work toward?
    I started with your challenge April 2 (because I'm no April Fool ) and fairly quickly escalated to 4 sets daily of 10 pushups/situps/scissors kicks and added 320 "flutter" kicks daily (80/set x 4 sets) except for a 5 day vacation mid-April when those numbers were about 50%. However, I've more than made up for the slackitude in the last 7-8 days. Hopefully, this routine is now a habit as I've worked through some shoulder and groin soreness and can comfortably knock out 5-6 sets of each on a daily basis now and hope to continue indefinitely.

I *think* you could easily add 50-100 situps daily over the next week or two as you're a young, healthy, handsome and fearless fella.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I bet I could hire my 14 year old to throw confetti and blare the theme from Rocky!
    See, there you go! I like that thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    American Cancer Society has a walk 40 miles in May challenge starting. Considering it.

I have 75 left. I confess that I thought about quitting this week - missed some over the weekend and was thinking oh well just stop. Didn't give in. Still only doing wall push ups but have been trying to move further from the wall so there is more "push up" to it. Since I don't always finish these kind of things, I'm pretty happy with myself. Maybe I'll even get to the point of doing real push ups.

Also confess to getting caught in the office hallways doing them more than once this month.
    Strong work Dink!

And we are done!!

Finished off another hundred after work today for a grand total of 2290! No fanfare, no music, no confetti. Oh well.

Tomorrow we add crunches!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

And we are done!!

Finished off another hundred after work today for a grand total of 2290! No fanfare, no music, no confetti. Oh well.

Tomorrow we add crunches!
    Congrats! There’s your fanfare!

Now find us all another fitness challenge before my challenge becomes fittin’ nis cupcake in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Congrats! There’s your fanfare!

Now find us all another fitness challenge before my challenge becomes fittin’ nis cupcake in my mouth.
    Well, apparently the next one is to walk/run 100 miles in May. Let me do some research.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Still April here -- due to snow in a couple of hours -- still putting up the numbers. April here lasts about six weeks.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Well, apparently the next one is to walk/run 100 miles in May. Let me do some research.
    I'll cover that one easily, probably in 10 days, maybe less. Bring it.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Report in the "The Record" appearing in Steamboat Pilot & Today from shortly after midnight Friday:

Officers were called about a man wearing a black trench coat and doing pushups on the sidewalk outside a business on the corner of 11th St. and Lincoln Avenue. Officers contacted the man and everything was fine.
    Didn't give enough detail to say if he made 2,200.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Report in the "The Record" appearing in Steamboat Pilot & Today from shortly after midnight Friday:

Didn't give enough detail to say if he made 2,200.
    If it was shortly after midnight, dude had just realized he missed his deadline and was trying to sneak them in!