Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Clicking on and reading...

Nah, never mind.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    That series had pretty much jumped the shark by then. Anything after #6 they were just phoning it in.
    Way to make me spill my beer!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Not really a blunder but...

I was setting up a new home network for a client and she asked me to get her laptop on and save the new settings etc. As she opened it, she said "But whatever you do, don't open that folder!" and pointed to one on her desktop. We had been joking most of the day about stuff and she didn't seem "that" serious about it so I said "C'mon, you can't just say that about a folder and not tell me what's in it!" So she opened it to show me shots of her, bare-chested, before and then after her breast augmentation.
    She asked me "So what do you think, worth the money?"

I just smiled and said "Yes ma'am."
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post

I was setting up a new home network for a client and she asked me to get her laptop on and save the new settings etc. As she opened it, she said "But whatever you do, don't open that folder!" and pointed to one on her desktop. We had been joking most of the day about stuff and she didn't seem "that" serious about it so I said "C'mon, you can't just say that about a folder and not tell me what's in it!" So she opened it to show me shots of her, bare-chested, before and then after her breast augmentation.

Pretty sure she wanted you to open that folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Lots of reason for that procedure but I assume this is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Yeah, that was pretty clear.

Dear Penthouse Forum.

I never thought I'd be writing to you, but today . . .

I believe here's how the conversation was supposed to have gone:

"Ma'am, you might give a man ideas."

"If you were a man, you'd have ideas."
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Dear Penthouse Forum.

I never thought I'd be writing to you, but today . . .
    Out of sporks for you, but well done.

But wasn't it "I never thought this would happen to me, ... " ?

Not that I can give a first-hand account.

This just happened today to a family friend...

A family friend just had a facelift on Friday. She and her husband saw a stitch on her ear that they were concerned about, and contacted the surgeon. He asked them to send a picture of the stitch. They sent a picture. Unfortunately, after they hit send, they noticed that the reflection in the mirror also had a great view of her boobs. Always, ALWAYS, check your pictures thoroughly before sending.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    This just happened today to a family friend...

A family friend just had a facelift on Friday. She and her husband saw a stitch on her ear that they were concerned about, and contacted the surgeon. He asked them to send a picture of the stitch. They sent a picture. Unfortunately, after they hit send, they noticed that the reflection in the mirror also had a great view of her boobs. Always, ALWAYS, check your pictures thoroughly before sending.
    "Face looks great, no worries about the stitch. I can help with lifting those, too, when you're ready."
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

CNN has an internal instant messaging system that is really simplistic in terms of user name. I am JEvans. There is a camerawoman I know named Jane Evans who has the username EvansJ.

Jane was having a hot and heavy relationship with a fellow employee... The fellow employee was a friend of mine who was suitably mortified when I told him Jason Evans was not interested in the acts he was describing in lurid detail.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    CNN has an internal instant messaging system that is really simplistic in terms of user name. I am JEvans. There is a camerawoman I know named Jane Evans who has the username EvansJ.

Jane was having a hot and heavy relationship with a fellow employee... The fellow employee was a friend of mine who was suitably mortified when I told him Jason Evans was not interested in the acts he was describing in lurid detail.
    The things people do on their work tech. I hope you make that guy do your laundry or something.

I can't believe anyone writes this kind of stuff in text form -- email, IM, etc. Is this common? I guess the folks here who work HR for large entities haves some stories.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Yea, number 1 on my wife's list of things NOT to do (from her "Practicing Safe Send" Powerpoint) is to ALWAYS double check to whom you're sending the email or other message to BEFORE hitting "Send".

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    Yea, number 1 on my wife's list of things NOT to do (from her "Practicing Safe Send" Powerpoint) is to ALWAYS double check to whom you're sending the email or other message to BEFORE hitting "Send".
    ...and read most emails (especially those composed in haste or emotion) about 3 or 4 times before sending (and not "to all")

Sounds like Summer Rental with John Candy

At least none of us are this lawyer who gave away the game:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lawyer-yo...163647963.html

Well, back in the day I was leader of our company's Macintosh (Apple) user group. Each month we'd hold a lunchtime meeting to discuss all things related to Apple computers, usually with a guest speaker from Apple or others. But every meeting started with an icebreaker called "cool stuff," a short 5 minute presentation by one of our nerds on some really fun and not necessarily business-related thing to do with your Apple computer. One month, the cool stuff was an app that displayed a cartoon silhouette of a woman; by pressing certain secret keys the cartoon would disrobe. Oops! It was then end of "cool stuff" and almost the end of the entire group, but I was able to offer heartfelt mea culpas to HR, etc. No, it had never occurred to me that every meeting's cool stuff should be previewed by me.

If that's truly the end of the story, you have the restraint of a Saint.