Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TywinBlue View Post
    At halftime of the first game, Charles Barkley was asked if he was the Houston coach what he would tell his players at halftime.

Charles said:
    " What time we're leaving the hotel tomorrow."
    Classic.
    Just now Kenny Smith was stumbling through the Baylor-Houston game stats and said "My math is failing me."

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Just now Kenny Smith was stumbling through the Baylor-Houston game stats and said "My math is failing me."
    I doubt any of us are surprised.

That game was so exciting my French bulldog is still asleep!

And now another full hour before the next tip. Zzzzzzz...

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    they should just give charles the mike and let him just talk.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    So many ads. They debuted a Capital One ad as part of the studio show!

I've been watching most of the tournament online rather than on television. (It's the NCAA national feed and the ad variety is extremely limited.) Out of extreme boredom, I started compiling the school affiliations of the celebrity endorsers last week. Quick conclusion: too much UNC, not enough Duke. Has this Invesco QQQ ad with Grant Hill aired yet?

If not, then the only Duke representative I've seen in March Madness commercials is Jayson Tatum (Subway). I guess Bella Alarie and David Robinson (see below) are Duke adjacent.

Meanwhile, we have to endure the UNC contingent of Kenny Smith (Corona, Wendy's), Michael Jordan and Mia Hamm (Gatorade), and those man cave dopes for Buffalo Wild Wings.

Other Division I schools represented:

Auburn (Charles Barkley, Capital One)
    Colorado State (Leslie Jones, Uber Eats)
    Davidson (Stephen Curry, Under Armour)
    Eastern Illinois (Tony Romo, Corona)
    Florida (Abby Wambach, Gatorade)
    Georgetown (Dikembe Mutombo, GEICO)
    Georgia (Ernie Johnson, Best Buy)
    Houston (Jim Nantz, Capital One)
    Illinois State (Craig Robinson, Pizza Hut)
    Indiana State (Larry Bird, Capital One)
    Kansas (Kevin Harlan, Great Clips; Rob Riggle, Aflac)
    Miami (Dwayne Johnson, his film "Black Adam")
    Michigan State (Draymond Green, Subway; Magic Johnson, Capital One)
    Navy (David Robinson, AT&T)
    Princeton (Bella Alarie, Under Armour)
    SE Missouri State (Cedric the Entertainer, Bud Light)
    Southern Illinois (Bob Odenkirk, his film "Nobody")
    UCLA (Reggie Miller, Wendy's; Gabrielle Union, TikTok)
    UCSD (Milana Vayntrub, AT&T)
    Wake Forest (Chris Paul, State Farm)

Did not go to a Division I school: Will Arnett, Kevin Bacon, Usain Bolt, Cardi B, Dana Carvey, John Cena, Rhys Darby, Greg Gumbel, Dennis Haysbert, Lil Rel Howery, Samuel L. Jackson, LeBron James, Brie Larson, Spike Lee, John Leguizamo, Mike Myers, Property Brothers, Ving Rhames, Tag Team, Danny Trejo, Mike Tyson, Serena Williams

Voiceovers are included above. I assume Will Arnett is doing Reese's and John Leguizamo is doing Papa John's. Dennis Haysbert does Allstate and Ving Rhames does Arby's.

I wasn't sure where to put Coca-Cola's repurposing of the NC State 1983 team, aside from filing it under "Abomination". Did I miss anyone?

This “halftime show” is a nightmare. I’m not sure who the target audience is. Play the next game.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    This “halftime show” is a nightmare. I’m not sure who the target audience is. Play the next game.
    They are ensuring their typical audience will be scarred enough by these covers that they won't stick around for game two.

Like i'm sure she can sing some stuff well...but she's wayyyyy out of her league with some of those rock anthems.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Amen brother.

It may be terrible but at least it’s long ...

I really do miss the puppets CBS used a few years back.The Barkley version puppet was so funny they need to bring that back for at least the Final Four.This concert is disturbing!

Gonzaga needs to make quick work of UCLA. Don't get worn out like Duke in '86. I still blame Kansas for our loss to Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Like i'm sure she can sing some stuff well...but she's wayyyyy out of her league with some of those rock anthems.
    I commented to my daughter, she’s not Debra Harry and she’s definitely not Stevie Nicks. I add on here she also is not Burton Cummings.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Gonzaga needs to make quick work of UCLA. Don't get worn out like Duke in '86. I still blame Kansas for our loss to Louisville.
    I think Mich. ST did that to in 99.They were a physical defense.

UCLA leads at the first TV break. I’m hoping these game is competitive to the end.
    Bob Green

UCLA looks surprisingly good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    UCLA leads at the first TV break. I’m hoping these game is competitive to the end.
    I’m hoping for more than that.

Yep, UCLA has definitely executed on the offensive end much better than their game vs Michigan. Cheering for the Zags personally based on UCLA obnoxious fans and the fact that I don't really want Baylor to win...still, I suppose more fun to have a competitive game that is offensively oriented.

Both teams missing lots of layups and UCLA with a few bad passes after over dribbling

Haha every bucket that Juzang scores must drive Big blue nation nuts. Love it.

I find it gross that Roy gets included in (current) 10 consecutive NCAA tournaments according to the "stats" based on what happened last year...

UCLA almost has any many points in first half that they did in entire game vs Michigan, bahaha. Feels like UCLA has played about as well as they can yet Gonzaga up one at the half.