Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Why didn’t Duke or Kentucky recruit Suggs?

MTHN (my tar heel neighbor) pointed out early in the game that Jimme does his mustache twist move after big buckets. Super douche chills.

I was undecided going into tonight, but I think I'm gonna pull for Gonzaga to make it happen. Can't imagine the pressure on those kids when you consider the combo of going for the undefeated season plus the FIRST ever title for the Zags.

My head says pick Baylor because of the unbelievable pressure that will be on the Zags (not to mention that Baylor will by by far the best team based on overall resume the Zags have faced). My heart will be with Few and the Zags. Hope they win the title.... but maybe that they DON'T make it a habit, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty_B View Post
    For football at least.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    I want Gonzaga to go all the way Undefeated
    Me too,if u get this far its time to make history in the state it was last done with Indiana. Go Zags!

Maybe Coach K preferred Roach.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Somewhere Gordon Hayward weeps.
    I thought exactly the same thing...
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    THere are 5 cases, and none of them apply:

the ball was not on or within the basket at any time
    The ball was never within the cylinderHe did not reach through the basket and touch the ball. he touched the ball, but was not reeaching through the basketHe did not pull down the moveable ring, either directly or by pulling on the net. I'd have to check, but i don't believe the rim contacted the ball anyway, and certianly not out of it's original position.he didn't cause it to vibrate.

Further, I believe the basket is officially defined as the rim.
    https://twitter.com/cbssports/status...743322627?s=21

The ball was at the rim when his hand was up and in the net. I don’t think that just because Suggs hit his hand, altering its chances of going in, that it changes the rule.
    Windy City Devil

The refs were historically bad on both sides in this game and I didn't really care who won. Obvious calls missed but more times than not it evens out in the end.Gonzagas whole team at the end was fouled out.Hope the stripes have their A+ squad for Monday night.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    We did. Faith played four years and graduated two years ago.

Oh, you mean the OTHER Suggs (and no relation that I know of.)

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJ10 View Post
    https://twitter.com/cbssports/status...743322627?s=21

The ball was at the rim when his hand was up and in the net. I don’t think that just because Suggs hit his hand, altering its chances of going in, that it changes the rule.
    I think any ref would interpret "on" the rim as being on top of the rim, not hitting the outside/bottom of the rim. We can take issue somewhat that Suggs appeared to contact both ball AND hand, but in the end, I think this is a no-call a good chunk of the time, even in an earlier part of the game, but CERTAINLY in the final couple minutes when they only tend to call fouls that are more significant contact.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyoung18 View Post
    The refs were historically bad on both sides in this game and I didn't really care who won. Obvious calls missed but more times than not it evens out in the end.Gonzagas whole team at the end was fouled out.Hope the stripes have their A+ squad for Monday night.
    Except nobody on Gonzaga fouled out.

And "historically" bad? You are absolutely entitled to that opinion, but I *feel* like I've seen games reffed MUCH worse than that one. It wasn't perfect certainly, but it really didn't seem terrible at all to me, and I was pulling for the Bruins cinderella story. 2 teams that played equally tough/physical (IMO), and both teams ended with 16 fouls apiece (including OT). That's only like 7 fouls per half per team - not a ton, but also not "no blood no foul".

I can't really see "worst refs ever" kind of thinking, unless maybe you hate the Zags or *LOVE* ucla.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    It’s not a shot until it leaves the shooter’s hands. So no goaltending.

I’ll add that I’m not sure Suggs was legally in-bounds when he recovered the ball after the block.
    Just saw the replay again. He went out of bounds after the block, and did not reestablish himself inbounds (two feet) before touching the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post
    I think any ref would interpret "on" the rim as being on top of the rim, not hitting the outside/bottom of the rim. We can take issue somewhat that Suggs appeared to contact both ball AND hand, but in the end, I think this is a no-call a good chunk of the time, even in an earlier part of the game, but CERTAINLY in the final couple minutes when they only tend to call fouls that are more significant contact.
    Grayson Allen makes that “block”. What commentary you think is on ESPN the next week? I get a little salty at bad/questionable calls that are game changing (especially when zags been getting a lot of love all evening) when we know how it would play in a different situation.

PS anyone think Gonzaga is undefeated this season if they are in the Pac10?
    Windy City Devil

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJ10 View Post
    Grayson Allen makes that “block”. What commentary you think is on ESPN the next week? I get a little salty at bad/questionable calls that are game changing (especially when zags been getting a lot of love all evening) when we know how it would play in a different situation.

PS anyone think Gonzaga is undefeated this season if they are in the Pac10?
    In answer to your second question, there is absolutely no way they would be undefeated if they played in the Pac10.

People say Gonzaga is untested. They were clearly tested tonight. And will be Monday.

Are they the best team ever? Almost certainly not. Are they the best team this year? We find out Monday.

If you disagree, I would love to know who you nominate in their place.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    In answer to your second question, there is absolutely no way they would be undefeated if they played in the Pac10.
    who knows. they blew USC out of the building a few nights ago, and beat UCLA tonight. I agree there is far more of a chance they have a loss, but I also agree that there is extremely strong chance they win the league, and at least as good a chance as any dominant team to go undefeated in conference.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by mattyoung18 View Post
    ACC refs tonight. Groover is an ACC regular. Breeding and Anderson work 2-3 Duke games for the ACC each year.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    who knows. they blew USC out of the building a few nights ago, and beat UCLA tonight. I agree there is far more of a chance they have a loss, but I also agree that there is extremely strong chance they win the league, and at least as good a chance as any dominant team to go undefeated in conference.
    Yeah - I wouldn't say NO chance they go undefeated in the PAC, but certainly less than a 50/50 prop IMO. I feel like this Zags in the PAC is somewhere in the 1-3 total losses window entering the tournament.

I also agree with whoever said they're not one of the 2-3 best teams of all time, but if they win Monday they're CLEARLY the best team this year. Not even sure how to make an argument for anyone else being above the Zags if they finish undefeated with a title.

that was an incredible game...some bad officiating on both ends, but it worked out for the zags..

we will see if they can close escrow monday night...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese