Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Episode 5 is the Best Yet

Listened last night and absolutely loved it! Loved hearing the honest reactions of the players feeling like, "wow, the season is over," cuz I know I was feeling that way at home. Got goosebumps at the story of how Coach K handled the guys. And while we've all heard guys like Shane and Jason talk many times, hearing from a Casey Sanders, who was so vital but not someone whose voice we're accustomed to, is just awesome.

Jason, thank you again so much for putting this together!

One aside, I've been struck by the remarkable consistency of the comments from the players. With 20 years gone by, a few of the details have blurred, but far less than you might expect. (I'm a lawyer in my day job, and you'd be amazed how people's honest accounts of what happened last year can vary.) On the really key moments, they all remember things exactly the same way, and it's such a telling sign of how locked in they all were (another testament to the players and the coaches).

Keep it up, Jason! It’s awesome!

And if anyone hasn’t started listening yet, do. You’ll be glad.

-jk

Love this series!

What a phenomenal series! Kudos Jason on a job well done. The way you put the interviews together and tell the story is really incredible. The latest episode with the Boozer broken foot is my favorite so far. I can’t wait for the next episodes to be released.

Quote Originally Posted by JosephReidBooks View Post
    Listened last night and absolutely loved it! Loved hearing the honest reactions of the players feeling like, "wow, the season is over," cuz I know I was feeling that way at home. Got goosebumps at the story of how Coach K handled the guys. And while we've all heard guys like Shane and Jason talk many times, hearing from a Casey Sanders, who was so vital but not someone whose voice we're accustomed to, is just awesome.

Jason, thank you again so much for putting this together!

One aside, I've been struck by the remarkable consistency of the comments from the players. With 20 years gone by, a few of the details have blurred, but far less than you might expect. (I'm a lawyer in my day job, and you'd be amazed how people's honest accounts of what happened last year can vary.) On the really key moments, they all remember things exactly the same way, and it's such a telling sign of how locked in they all were (another testament to the players and the coaches).
    Again... THANKS JASON!!!!

And yes, the telling of the story 20 years later, with details essentially exactly the same from various players, gotta mean that it's "ingrained" in their memory... good memories, I expect.

Is tomorrow Friday???

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    The latest episode with the Boozer broken foot is my favorite so far. I can’t wait for the next episodes to be released.
    There won’t be any more episodes in this series. After Carlos Boozer broke his foot, it’s over.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    There won’t be any more episodes in this series. After Carlos Boozer broke his foot, it’s over.
    … oh yeah… that’s riiiight… 😂

Listened to a bunch of these on a drive to NC and back. The Boozer injury episode was especially good. I love Casey Sanders’ reaction to the new up tempo gameplay.

Thanks for doing this Jason
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Episode 6 is here -- https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/duk...=VMP5499795537

You are gonna love to hear what Coach K told Casey Sanders to do in the end-of-year Duke-Carolina game.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Loving this series!! Such excellent story telling.

One small request: please decrease the volume of the music. This latest episode was especially painful to listen to in my car. To hear Jason and the players, I listened at volume level 12 (out of something like 30). BUT, when the sound effects / music played, I had to quickly dial it down to 4 to avoid my ears being blown out.

A lower volume (and less of the music in general) would be much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    Loving this series!! Such excellent story telling.

One small request: please decrease the volume of the music. This latest episode was especially painful to listen to in my car. To hear Jason and the players, I listened at volume level 12 (out of something like 30). BUT, when the sound effects / music played, I had to quickly dial it down to 4 to avoid my ears being blown out.

A lower volume (and less of the music in general) would be much appreciated!
    Will do. I finished my edit really late last night and in my rush to get it out, there were a couple random music clips of less than a second each that accidentally found their way into the background. Ugh! I am so sorry! I have an older piece of audio editing software I’ve been using for like 8 years that I am familiar with but which has some real bugs in it. I probably need to get some new software that would handle something robust like this better. Grrrrr, so sorry.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

No worries Jason! A very minor suggestion overall.
    Your series is really incredible. I can’t even imagine how much work it took to interview all of the players and compile everything into a compelling story. Job well done!!

These are GREAT.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Will do. I finished my edit really late last night and in my rush to get it out, there were a couple random music clips of less than a second each that accidentally found their way into the background. Ugh! I am so sorry! I have an older piece of audio editing software I’ve been using for like 8 years that I am familiar with but which has some real bugs in it. I probably need to get some new software that would handle something robust like this better. Grrrrr, so sorry.
    OK, wow! These audio glitches are much worse than I thought. This is not something that happened when I made the recording and edited the episode, it appears to be a glitch that happened while it was being uploaded to the server. I’m very confused about what caused it. I feel terrible that, especially late in the episode, the comments by the Duke players are being interrupted by strange music bursts. I need to see if I can figure it out and re-upload the new version. Sorry, I I think you should still be able to understand what all the players are saying.

Jason, Just another to say thank you so much for what you are doing and great job. Brings back wonderful memories.

I was surprised that none of the players really focused on the half-court trap. That is one of my greatest memories from that game. Duke sprung it from the outset and the Heels had no answer for it.

Another great one, thanks bunches Jason.

After listening to the last one, I had to track down a video on the internet so I could see it all play out.
    https://youtu.be/m7-1koLw1Lk

It's not the greatest video, but the game is wonderful. And even though DickieV did the game, he had not yet gotten really bad. Plus I enjoyed hearing him say what a great career he predicted for Doh at UNC. The Bald Dome Index did not serve him well on that prediction.

Here is this week's episode... and it is a bit shorter than expected

https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/duk...=VMP6302039339

This is largely a scheduling announcement... the full episode 7 won't be released until next week. This week, all you get is a bonus story by JWill.

Episode 7 has arrived... full of stories about Coach K!

https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/duk...=VMP6610708520

A lot less music and lower volume on the music. You live and learn. Hope folks like it better this way.

Thumbs up Episode 7- nice job!

Another great episode, Jason! Bravo!
    Looking forward to the next one with all the practical jokes.

Yes, lots of great K stories! Thanks, again, Jason for putting this together.

It you haven’t started listening yet, do. You’ll be glad you did.

-jk

Episode 8... you've been waiting for this one! Tons of stories about practical jokes the team played on each other: https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/duk...=VMP8515743124

I'd love to know which of these stories made you laugh the most. I mean, Dahntay on the bench was funny but what Dre Buck did to Borman's hotel room... whew, that is hard to top.