Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    If you liked hearing from the lesser known guys, wait until Ep 2 when we talk a lot about the practice battles between the blue team and the starters.

Interestingly enough, the players were not very keen on talking about what happened in games -- like the play-by-play of the big moments. I tried repeatedly to get them to talk about that stuff and most of them have foggy memories at best. What they enjoyed talking about was the general feelings about the games and their relationships with their teammates. So, there won't be a talk about Shane's block and save in the championship game, but you will hear almost an entire episode on what it was like to play in Cole Field House.
    I suspect some of us (rabid?) fans have rewatched those games/moments much more than the players have.

Episode 2 is here...

https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/duk...=VMP2755474565

This time, it is all about stories from practice. Plenty of love in this episode for Dahntay Jones and JD Simpson. And I loved the stories about the big man battles from Nick Horvath and Matt Christiansen.

And it all ends with a great story about Dre Buck making the whole team laugh.

Please give me your feedback... let me know what you think of this series.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Jason, I’m sorry I haven’t had a chance to listen to this yet... don’t really hAve much time. Soon as I hit a long drive or something, it’s on!. Congrats on getting this done, btw!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Jason, I’m sorry I haven’t had a chance to listen to this yet... don’t really have much time. Soon as I hit a long drive or something, it’s on!. Congrats on getting this done, btw!
    The episodes, which require a ton ton ton of editing and production work (about 8x as much as goes into a regular DBR Podcast episode), are only 20-30 minutes each, considerably shorter than one of our regular episodes. And, I promise, it will draw you in and the time will fly

But, seeing as this ain't exactly time-sensitive content, you can listen some other time and it will still feel just as relevant.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Episode 2 is here...

https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/duk...=VMP2755474565

This time, it is all about stories from practice. Plenty of love in this episode for Dahntay Jones and JD Simpson. And I loved the stories about the big man battles from Nick Horvath and Matt Christiansen.

And it all ends with a great story about Dre Buck making the whole team laugh.

Love the stories about JD Simpson. Makes sense that a player like Dahntay could push the starters in practice (like Seth Curry did in 2010), but never knew how good Simpson was--talent plus swagger apparently.

And of course Dahntay was a star in practice--he was a competitor and first-class teammate, to the point where LeBron wanted him around for the playoffs to give his teams an extra edge.

Also very jealous now of the opportunity you had to talk with all of these guys...but it sounds like it was balanced by the hours spent in the editing room.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    Also very jealous now of the opportunity you had to talk with all of these guys...but it sounds like it was balanced by the hours spent in the editing room.
    As you might imagine, I have listened to every clip on the show like 20 times by the time I publish the episode...

Well, there are 3 moments on this episode that make me smile every time I listen to them:

1- Carlos talking about Dahntay "getting up in Shane's !#%%!"
    2- Nick Horvath recalling that Carlos scored 85 points on him one day in practice
    3- "Bagels in the shower!"

As you might imagine, I have listened to every clip on the show like 20 times by the time I publish the episode...

Well, there are 3 moments on this episode that make me smile every time I listen to them:
    1- Carlos talking about Dahntay "getting up in Shane's !#%%!"
    2- Nick Horvath recalling that Carlos scored 85 points on him one day in practice
    3- "Bagels in the shower!"
    Just listened to #2. Fabulous! But too short! We want more! We want more! We want more! And like it says in 9f, repeat ad infinitum!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Episode #2 is fantastic. I love hearing the perspective of the blue team players like Andre and Matt Christianson. Congratulations and thank you, Jason. I know it took a ton of work and hustle, but you have totally knocked it out of the park with Return to Glory.

First 2 episodes are required listening for any Duke fan. Great work, Jason! Thank you to the members of the 2001 team for giving us an inside look.

Just listened to the first two episodes. I am normally not a fan of podcasts but they were really well done. Thanks for all of your hard work, and thanks to the members of the team. How many episodes are there? Looking forward to the rest!

Just curious - how many times did you have to circle back to someone you thought you were done with? Such as if you interview Player A and think you are done with him, then later Player B says something that makes you want to circle back to Player A for more info on the topic? You did a really great job of editing it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Just listened to #2. Fabulous! But too short! We want more! We want more! We want more!
    Each episode takes about 16 hours to write and produce/edit. I just don't have the time to make them longer than they are. I have a ton of material on the Miracle Minute Maryland game for next week -- every player on the team had fascinating things to say about it -- so I am toying with the idea of making that episode a 2 part ep.

Let's not forget that this is not my full time job... I might make enough off this entire series to take my wife out to dinner. She is kinda freaking out at how much time this is taking me. Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Just listened to the first two episodes. I am normally not a fan of podcasts but they were really well done. Thanks for all of your hard work, and thanks to the members of the team. How many episodes are there? Looking forward to the rest!
    I am unsure how many episodes there will be. I know there will be one on the first Maryland game and one on Carlos being hurt and the way the team adjusted against UNC in the next game. Then there will be one on the Maryland game in the Final Four and one or two on the Championship game. I am putting this together on the fly each week so I cannot say anything more for certain. I will probably do one just one the fellowship of the team and their lasting feelings for each other. Heck, I could do one titled "Shane the leader" about how much they all admired and respected Battier, but it would get kinda repetitive after a while

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Just curious - how many times did you have to circle back to someone you thought you were done with? Such as if you interview Player A and think you are done with him, then later Player B says something that makes you want to circle back to Player A for more info on the topic? You did a really great job of editing it all together.
    So, what you are describing is -- of course -- how I originally envisioned this. But, reality has taken me a different direction. It was just really, really hard to get all the players to sit down and do one interview, let alone a second or third follow up. I am telling you, there are some guys that I send emails and texts to for more than 3 months to get just one interview arranged. There is one guy who canceled on me 6 different times! Heck, there's one guy who didn't even agree to do an interview until just this week, after episode 1 came out and he saw all his teammates (we have a group email chain) raving about it.

Bottom line - follow up interviews didn't happen. The best laid plans...

Jason, we all appreciate your efforts! We know it’s a labor of love! LGD GTHcGTH!

9F 9F 9F

Another fabulous episode, very polished. If you haven’t started listening, it’s not too late!

Thanks, Jason!

-jk

Loved #2 Even More...

Episode 2 is here...

...than #1. The behind-the-scenes details of the players' everyday lives are glorious. I *love* knowing about the "17" sprints, what they are, and how the players hated them. It's *so* fun to hear a Boozer talking about Dahntay going after Battier. For someone like me, who's followed the program religiously since I arrived on campus in 1991 but who doesn't "know" anyone or have "inside access," it's those kinds of things that make this so priceless.

Thank you again, Jason, for giving us this window into parts of the program that we never get to see.

I'd listen to "Shane The Leader"...

Ok, umm... ya'll are gonna hate me.

Episode 3, on the Miracle Minute, is gonna be in 2 parts. Part 1, coming out this week, will be about the Maryland hatred and how the game was going leading up to the final minute. Part 2, which will come out next week, is gonna be a miracle minute and the aftermath of it. I'm really sorry but doing more than about 20 minutes of episodes a week is really tough for me.

Please forgive...

-Jason

Looking forward to them both!

-jk

Episode 3, on the Miracle Minute, is gonna be in 2 parts. Part 1, coming out this week, will be about the Maryland hatred and how the game was going leading up to the final minute. Part 2, which will come out next week, is gonna be a miracle minute and the aftermath of it. I'm really sorry but doing more than about 20 minutes of episodes a week is really tough for me.

Please forgive...

-Jason
    Well, I’ll think about it. ..... OKAY, you’re forgiven.

9F 9F 9F

Forgive?

Please forgive...

-Jason
    It's all in the marketing, Jason. You had me at, "two more episodes are coming very soon!" ;-)

Please forgive...

-Jason
    If you pull this off, we shall double your pay!