Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Return to Glory - The Story of the 2001 Duke Blue Devils

I am thrilled to debut the promo for Return to Glory - The Story of the 2001 Duke Blue Devils, the special podcast project that is an oral history of the 2001 national championship team.

The first episode of Return to Glory will debut on the Duke Basketball Report Podcast feed on Friday this week, exactly 20 years to the day after the 2001 team won their title. We aim to have new episodes weekly throughout the summer. And, to whet your appetite and show you a bit of what this project will be like, have a listen to this promo: https://traffic.megaphone.fm/VMP7418...ted=1617147052

I hope you all enjoy it.

-Jason
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I am thrilled to debut the promo for Return to Glory - The Story of the 2001 Duke Blue Devils, the special podcast project that is an oral history of the 2001 national championship team.

The first episode of Return to Glory will debut on the Duke Basketball Report Podcast feed on Friday this week, exactly 20 years to the day after the 2001 team won their title. We aim to have new episodes weekly throughout the summer. And, to whet your appetite and show you a bit of what this project will be like, have a listen to this promo: https://traffic.megaphone.fm/VMP7418...ted=1617147052

I hope you all enjoy it.

-Jason
    Can't wait!

It has been fast and furious around here so I wanted to make sure folks got a chance to see this. I'm proud of how the promo turned out and am so excited for all of you to hear episode #1 on Friday.

Check out the promo here for a taste of what this all about: https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/duk...=VMP7418387076

Oh, and Shane Battier tweeted about all this: https://twitter.com/ShaneBattier/sta...68429010685964
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Sounds good! Remind us when the episodes drop please.

Man, getting Shane to tweet about it. Baller!

I'm certainly looking forward to it!

-jk

With all the insane hoops news yesterday, we did a podcast last night ( https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/duk...=VMP7496000244 ) and wanted to give that one a little bit of time to breathe before we dropped Episode 1 of Return to Glory. That is why RTG-1 is not in your podcast feed right now. It will be released in just a few hours though... around noon today.

Thanks for your patience.

And it arrives...

Here is episode 1 - https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/duk...=VMP8261243587

Would love to hear back from all of you with your thoughts/comments.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    And it arrives...

Here is episode 1 - https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/duk...=VMP8261243587

Would love to hear back from all of you with your thoughts/comments.
    I'm looking forward to the whole thing! Thanks for putting all the work into it.

-jk

Shane trying to help with the downloads -- https://twitter.com/ShaneBattier/sta...35038688833539

I loved the first episode, Jason! Well done. Can’t wait for the rest of the chapters!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I loved the first episode, Jason! Well done. Can’t wait for the rest of the chapters!
    I agree, I just listened to Chapter 1 and you did a great job. I am looking forward to the rest of the series.

C-Booz has great radio voice and analysis. I hope he makes the leap from the ACC Network to somewhere he can showcase his talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    C-Booz has great radio voice and analysis. I hope he makes the leap from the ACC Network to somewhere he can showcase his talent.
    I agree, some guys really pop in the interviews. Carlos is probably at the head of that list.

It was worth listening to the first episode just to hear Nate say “I’m about BUSINESS.”

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    It was worth listening to the first episode just to hear Nate say “I’m about BUSINESS.”
    Nate was big in Williams's development this season. Losing him is a bummer, but so happy for him. His teams will be tough.

LOVED Episode 1

Episode 1 didn't disappoint! Loved how you handled the inconsistent opinions/recollections of what pushed the team to its greatness, and while there were some well-known voices (Battier, Boozer) and well-known stories in there (JWill learning that losing isn't a laughing matter), hearing from guys that we feel like we know but don't hear from often (James, Casey Sanders) really raises this to another level.

Congrats on this accomplishment, Jason! Can't wait for episode 2!

I just listened to the first episode and I'm hooked. Congratulations, Jason and thanks for the shout out.

Thank you Jason for this series. This was my junior year and my favorite basketball season. There were so many "I remember where I was ..." moments, and can't wait to relive them all. The Gone in 54 seconds, the second MD comeback, the Shane block on Forte, the Shane block & save in the championship game, etc

Quote Originally Posted by JosephReidBooks View Post
    Episode 1 didn't disappoint! Loved how you handled the inconsistent opinions/recollections of what pushed the team to its greatness, and while there were some well-known voices (Battier, Boozer) and well-known stories in there (JWill learning that losing isn't a laughing matter), hearing from guys that we feel like we know but don't hear from often (James, Casey Sanders) really raises this to another level.
    If you liked hearing from the lesser known guys, wait until Ep 2 when we talk a lot about the practice battles between the blue team and the starters.

Quote Originally Posted by HighRoller View Post
    Thank you Jason for this series. This was my junior year and my favorite basketball season. There were so many "I remember where I was ..." moments, and can't wait to relive them all. The Gone in 54 seconds, the second MD comeback, the Shane block on Forte, the Shane block & save in the championship game, etc
    Interestingly enough, the players were not very keen on talking about what happened in games -- like the play-by-play of the big moments. I tried repeatedly to get them to talk about that stuff and most of them have foggy memories at best. What they enjoyed talking about was the general feelings about the games and their relationships with their teammates. So, there won't be a talk about Shane's block and save in the championship game, but you will hear almost an entire episode on what it was like to play in Cole Field House.