Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. I love this content so splitting the maryland game into two parts sounds great to me!! I'm a 2002 grad so that 2001 season is especially dear to me...certainly my favorite Duke season ever.

Jason this is great stuff. Thanks for your efforts. Will stay tuned in. Felt like Horvath was assigned MI.
    If you guys haven't heard Andy Means podcast "Means Streets" you should give a listen.

And here is episode 3: It is all about the rivalry with Maryland and how the team was getting beaten badly in their first game with the Terps... unlike a JWill miracle happened: https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/duk...=VMP6103546991
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Thank You Jason!!

This series is incredible!

Just finished listening to episode 3. I’m enjoying the heck out of these. Such a warm fuzzy for the off-season... Knowing how I feel after a loss... hearing the players talking about how miserable their lives were gonna be after losing the Maryland game..😉...(sigh)... makes my heart ache all the more for the 20-21 team

So much fun! Did they really get denied service at a Ruth's Chris? That's a really unhealthy rivalry...

-jk

Episode 4, the conclusion of the miracle minute, is here: https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/duk...=VMP5874618456

Hope ya'll don't hate me too much for leaving you hanging last week. The first half of the Miracle Minute episode was 24 minutes... part 2 is 27 mins. So, it took the team longer to talk about the final minute than it did to discuss the first 39 minutes of the game

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Episode 4, the conclusion of the miracle minute, is here: https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/duk...=VMP5874618456

Hope ya'll don't hate me too much for leaving you hanging last week. The first half of the Miracle Minute episode was 24 minutes... part 2 is 27 mins. So, it took the team longer to talk about the final minute than it did to discuss the first 39 minutes of the game

Well I think it's fair to say the rest of us have probably spent a lot more time talking about the last minute of the game than the first 39 minutes -- so, No Problem.

Thanks for doing this. It's a real treasure. Also it's special in that it's both wonderful and also a little sad. The story you have been painting is a painful reminder of what we've lost in the OAD era. You and your team are doing a great job in conveying how these guys became a team that developed and grew together. In the current environment, we just get a bunch of guys who play some games together for a year. Quite a different experience.

But thanks for the great work.

I posted a quick twitter poll... want to see what everyone's favorite moment from the episode is: https://twitter.com/JasonDukeEvans/s...68870292262912

• Taunting Drew Nicholas
    • Buck thought he blew it
    • Shane's best blocked shot
    • Coach K is a "gangster"

Itt’s a great listen. Ripping out 14,000 beating hearts was sublime!

I’ll go with Gangsta K.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Itt’s a great listen. Ripping out 14,000 beating hearts was sublime!

I’ll go with Gangsta K.

-jk
    You gotta vote in their poll. So far, only 3 votes - mine for taunting Nicholas and 2 for Shane's block.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    You gotta vote in their poll. So far, only 3 votes - mine for taunting Nicholas and 2 for Shane's block.
    Don't twitter. Someone will have to vote for me.

-jk

12. Just listened to part 2 of the Maryland game. 27 minutes never went by so quickly! I want MOAR.

Throughout this I couldn't help but wonder about the Twerps' POV. Getting in comments from Maryland, UNC and other ACC players about this Duke team would be awesome, though that would take a crazy amount of work.

Jason I wonder whether this is something you could put up on Patreon or Kickstarter to fund. I'd happily contribute to make the hours you've invested into these series more financially viable.

Quote Originally Posted by ice-9 View Post
    Throughout this I couldn't help but wonder about the Twerps' POV. Getting in comments from Maryland, UNC and other ACC players about this Duke team would be awesome, though that would take a crazy amount of work.
    At one point I was talking about reaching out to Gary Williams and some of the players on that Maryland team, the Terps are so intertwined with the story of the Blue Devils 2001 season. I also reached out to journalists who covered the 2001 team and others who might have perspective on the season. But as time moved on, I decided that I wanted this to just be about the Duke players. It is their story to tell and I am confining it to them. That may lessen some of the storytelling drama but I think it an ok choice... and, frankly, I was running into brick walls as I tried to get interviews with the other teams and the such.

Jason I wonder whether this is something you could put up on Patreon or Kickstarter to fund. I'd happily contribute to make the hours you've invested into these series more financially viable.
    You are very kind to offer that. I am toying with a couple ideas similar to what you are discussing. Right now I am immersed in writing and editing each episode but I will have more on this notion some time in the next couple weeks. Thanks for thinking of this.

14. Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    You are very kind to offer that. I am toying with a couple ideas similar to what you are discussing. Right now I am immersed in writing and editing each episode but I will have more on this notion some time in the next couple weeks. Thanks for thinking of this.
    Not kind at all, quite selfish actually. I'm hoping some financial recompense means you may also consider covering other teams...like the 2010 champs? 😆

Not kind at all, quite selfish actually. I'm hoping some financial recompense means you may also consider covering other teams...like the 2010 champs? 😆
    Ha! I can't even think about that until I am done with this...

But, trust me, I am thinking about it

Preview of what is to come... During my interview with Shane Battier he speaks for 8 minutes in a row, no pauses, about losing Boozer, the locker room after the game, the practices preparing for UNC, and then beating the Heels in the next game. 8 MINUTES!

And there isn't a single second of it that is not pure gold.

Love this Podcast

Jason,

I want to thank you for putting this together. I know it took a lot of time. I am thoroughly enjoying every episode. I love the interviews and remembering that season.

As a guy who was born at Duke but grew up in Maryland I grew up cheering for Duke first and Maryland second. That was until the rivalry of 2000-2002 came about. It was during this time where I grew to despise Maryland and love Duke even more. The miracle minute was one of the best games ever!!! Even years later when Grevias Vasquez beat Duke at Maryland I was able to say to my friends who called me to gloat - well we still have the miracle minute and they quickly shut up because of the pain that night caused in their hearts.

Holy @#$&$*%(, episode 5 has turned into a real bear. All the talk about Carlos being hurt and how the team adjusted to it... it is clearly going to be the longest episode yet. My back hurts from leaning over the computer editing all day

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Holy @#$&$*%(, episode 5 has turned into a real bear. All the talk about Carlos being hurt and how the team adjusted to it... it is clearly going to be the longest episode yet. My back hurts from leaning over the computer editing all day
    Hang in there!

-jk

This series is just fantastic. I find that the time between one Friday to the next Friday is REALLY LONG... By Sunday, I expect the next day to be Friday, and I still gotta wait a few days. Amazing job, Jason!!!

Here you go... at 37 minutes in running time, episode 5 has arrived: https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/duk...=VMP6294147238

Enjoy and, as always, I welcome your feedback.