Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Figure I will put this here as well as the national Transfer thread...

Brakefield is going to Ole Miss: https://twitter.com/BrendanRMarks/st...99280213794816
    Looking at their web site, one of their assistants is Levi Watkins, who I remember playing at NC State (he was a classmate of Julius Hodge). Interestingly, before going to Ole Miss he was an assistant for Bobby Hurley at both Buffalo and Arizona State.

Another assistant coach is Ronnie Hamilton, who played football at Duke (class of 2002).

And their head coach is Kermit Davis Jr., who is an alum of their rival Miss. State where he played for his dad.

Most importantly, best of luck to Jaemyn at his new school.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Looking at their web site, one of their assistants is Levi Watkins, who I remember playing at NC State (he was a classmate of Julius Hodge). Interestingly, before going to Ole Miss he was an assistant for Bobby Hurley at both Buffalo and Arizona State.

Another assistant coach is Ronnie Hamilton, who played football at Duke (class of 2002).

And their head coach is Kermit Davis Jr., who is an alum of their rival Miss. State where he played for his dad.

Most importantly, best of luck to Jaemyn at his new school.
    Nice 411 on the Ole Miss connectivity.

I wish Jaemyn the best of luck as well. I see a lot of hand wringing in the Coleman thread, but Jaemyn is really the transfer whom I was most surprised and upset about. I thought he had some huge moments in what was an up and down season for everybody. He was responsible, in large part, for our best win of the season against UVA.

I was looking forward to watching his unorthodox game develop at Duke, where players are encouraged and molded to play to their strengths. I thought Coach K and Duke were a really good fit for his game.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post

I wish Jaemyn the best of luck as well. I see a lot of hand wringing in the Coleman thread, but Jaemyn is really the transfer whom I was most surprised and upset about. I thought he had some huge moments in what was an up and down season for everybody. He was responsible, in large part, for our best win of the season against UVA.

I was looking forward to watching his unorthodox game develop at Duke, where players are encouraged and molded to play to their strengths. I thought Coach K and Duke were a really good fit for his game.
    With Hurt going NBA it seems like there would have been minutes for Brakefield at Duke. Just not starter's minutes. But he's probably going to get starter minutes at Ole Miss and much closer to home. He, Coleman and Steward all seemed like pretty interesting guys. Ashamed we won't get to see them develop. But it makes sense for him.

Brakefiled was less surprising to me than Coleman, given Brakefield's play last season (and more potential) and the logjam at his position next year.

Coleman was always pegged to be a reserve/minutes filler next year, which is why it was more shocking to see him bolt.

I think Brakefield will shine at Ole Miss.

I think you see a lot of hand-wringing in the Coleman thread because it’s yet one more player loss piled on top of the massive player losses the program had already suffered. And more may be soon to follow.

And when you think about it the hand-wringing is perfectly understandable. If we get super excited when these players commit — and the vast majority of us at DBR do seem to get super excited — doesn’t it then stand to reason that we would feel somewhat the opposite when they leave the program prematurely?

In reality we follow the recruitment of many of these players longer than they are actually Duke students. That makes for a less-than-satisfying fan experience if you ask me. But hey, it is what it is.