Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Won't he be blamed by the Roy faithful for accelerating Roy's retirement?

Why would Kessler come back with that stigma?
    Maybe Kessler doesn’t care...or believes that the fans will be happy. But I agree with Scottdude...if it happens it IS a stain on Roy’s legacy. It’s one thing if fans had been calling for Roy’s resignation and a player came back once it happened. But when all those associated with the program (and those outside the program) are holding Roy up as a hero, this seems like a slap. It is kind of the reverse of Roy throwing his players under the bus...

I think the "stain on Roy's legacy" argument, should Kessler return, is overblown. I just don't think the whims of one player, who was not even an impact player for most of the season, and in a year where there is lots and lots of player movement from all sorts of guys all over the country, and everybody's antennae are up for the best opportunity for themselves, is going to do anything to diminish Roy's legacy of on-court success. The guy had his down moments and years, and yeah we have fun poking at him, but come on. Over almost 20 years at UNC he won 75% of his games and 3 national championships. That is not going to be diminished by Walker Kessler or Walker Kessler's dad making whatever decisions for whatever reasons they are making them.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    I think the "stain on Roy's legacy" argument, should Kessler return, is overblown. I just don't think the whims of one player, who was not even an impact player for most of the season, and in a year where there is lots and lots of player movement from all sorts of guys all over the country, and everybody's antennae are up for the best opportunity for themselves, is going to do anything to diminish Roy's legacy of on-court success. The guy had his down moments and years, and yeah we have fun poking at him, but come on. Over almost 20 years at UNC he won 75% of his games and 3 national championships. That is not going to be diminished by Walker Kessler or Walker Kessler's dad making whatever decisions for whatever reasons they are making them.
    You're probably right... I guess I'm reaching trying to find the silver lining in him potentially returning
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Kessler to Auburn

Link

Big pick-up for Bruce Pearl. There were rumblings that he would return to UNC.

This has got to be an embarrassment for Hubert Davis. He so much as pleaded for Kessler to stay with UNC during his introductory press conference. Imagine being named head coach at one of the blue bloods and having the chance to say anything knowing people will remember it. You say that you want a player to stay with your program but he leaves anyway. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Link

This has got to be an embarrassment for Hubert Davis. He so much as pleaded for Kessler to stay with UNC during his introductory press conference. Imagine being named head coach at one of the blue bloods and having the chance to say anything knowing people will remember it. You say that you want a player to stay with your program but he leaves anyway. Yikes.
    I'm sure we'll hear that Kessler wanted to come back to UNC, but was persuaded not to do that in order to avoid embarrassing Roy.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Looks like Kessler is coming back to UNC.

inside the portal
    @InsidePortal
    Per sources close to us, Walker Kessler will be RETURNING to #UNC after entering the transfer portal.
    Link

Guessing that "inside the portal" is about to lose a few followers.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I'm so sad to be wrong about Kessler.

Link

Eh, if Kessler stayed it would have been a big win for Hubert, but I don't see it as a reflection on him that he didn't change his mind.

heels looked good...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Link

I anti-jinxed it into reality haha
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Guessing that "inside the portal" is about to lose a few followers.
    Yeah and since it only has 281 to being with that’s gonna sting.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    heels looked good...
    Must spread..blah blah.. but thank you for the off season chuckle.

Great news. Kessler was starting to look like a stud. Over his last 11, he averaged 8.3 points, 5.3 rebounds, and 1.6 blocks per game... despite getting just 13.0 mpg!

I am glad he is out of the ACC, and especially glad he isn’t at UNC next year.

It will be interesting to see if Bacot returns. On the one hand, he will be the unquestioned center next year. On the other hand, UNC might wind up struggling.

When Kessler turned us down to play for the CHeats I was admittedly really disappointed. But when I look at it now...
    - We got Mark Williams instead
    - Kessler helped tanked their team while still showing in the FSU game that he has talent
    - Then he acts as the final "nail in the coffin" pushing Roy towards retirement
    - Hubert Davis says during his opening press conference that his first priority is to get Kessler back
    - Kessler leads them on for days only to leave them at the altar again

I'm beginning to think he was a mole planted by K all along! At the very least he is Harrison Barnes 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Great news. Kessler was starting to look like a stud. Over his last 11, he averaged 8.3 points, 5.3 rebounds, and 1.6 blocks per game... despite getting just 13.0 mpg!

I am glad he is out of the ACC, and especially glad he isn’t at UNC next year.

It will be interesting to see if Bacot returns. On the one hand, he will be the unquestioned center next year. On the other hand, UNC might wind up struggling.
    Bacot is testing the NBA waters, and if he gets a draft promise, he’s likely gone. 🤞

I'm too lazy to look it up, but when Hubie was saying words to the effect that Kessler is UNC, he's family, etc., I was thinking, say what? He just quit.

Delicious news.

I now think it’s time for Bacot to start his pro career.

Hubert is getting it done. The official IC post mortem referred to Davis's trip to see the Kesslers as+" a home run," a further example of the unc grading system for athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Hubert is getting it done. The official IC post mortem referred to Davis's trip to see the Kesslers as+" a home run," a further example of the unc grading system for athletics.
    sounds more like a long foul ball

Quote Originally Posted by plimnko View Post
    sounds more like a long foul ball
    ...Sounds more like strike three - you're out.