Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Justin McCoy just announced his commitment to the CHeats. Averaged 3.5 points and 3.3 boards in 11 minutes as a sophomore for UVA last season. Seems like a minimal impact player on the surface, though it’s not out of the question he makes a jump with an expanded role. Between Black, RJ Davis, Anthony Harris, Cam Johnson’s brother, the incoming freshmen, and now McCoy they have a bunch of four star guards/wings who feel kind of meh.

Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post
    Sad thing is Hubert will not be able to rival Huck in post game pressers after a loss.
    Practice makes perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Justin McCoy just announced his commitment to the CHeats. Averaged 3.5 points and 3.3 boards in 11 minutes as a sophomore for UVA last season. Seems like a minimal impact player on the surface, though it’s not out of the question he makes a jump with an expanded role. Between Black, RJ Davis, Anthony Harris, Cam Johnson’s brother, the incoming freshmen, and now McCoy they have a bunch of four star guards/wings who feel kind of meh.
    "I'm not getting the opportunities I want at Virginia. Maybe I will try UNC instead."

Huh?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    "I'm not getting the opportunities I want at Virginia. Maybe I will try UNC instead."

Huh?
    Yeah. And he turned them down the first time.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post
    Sad thing is Hubert will not be able to rival Huck in post game pressers after a loss.
    I know. It just won't be the same. But Huck said it best - he just isn't the best man for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I know. It just won't be the same. But Huck said it best - he just isn't the best man for the job.
    You say that, but he did leave 43,823 unused time outs for Ol' Hubie. His first 300 games will be like running the four corners all over again.

Huh?
    Try this one on for size, two players from UVa transfer. One to UNC and the other to NC State. One was rated #229 and the other the #56 player from their respective class.

Which one choose NC State and which UNC-Cheat?

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Try this one on for size, two players from UVa transfer. One to UNC and the other to NC State. One was rated #229 and the other the #56 player from their respective class.

Which one choose NC State and which UNC-Cheat?
    If in-conference transfers are no longer frowned upon... Walker Kessler, come on down, and atone for your sins.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Perhaps transfers this year should be trades and Kessler should go to UVA

King Rice is staying put at Monmouth, after interviewing for the associate position at UNC. He would have given them someone on their bench with actual head coaching experience, unlike the rest of their staff.

After missing out on Rice, UNC is expected to pursue Ramen Noodles for the position.

King Rice is staying put at Monmouth, after interviewing for the associate position at UNC. He would have given them someone on their bench with actual head coaching experience, unlike the rest of their staff.

After missing out on Rice, UNC is expected to pursue Ramen Noodles for the position.
    King Rice, and I cannot state this more clearly, sucks.

Sadly, I must spread comments ...

UNC to only have 1 assistant. There is no more room after May takes his seat.

I heard a rumor Rice is just not ready yet. UNC is going to wait just one more minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Wave Dukie View Post
    I heard a rumor Rice is just not ready yet. UNC is going to wait just one more minute.
    They should contact Uncle Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    They should contact Uncle Ben.

Does he like to play 2 bigs?

If not, then picking him would be going against the grain of the tried and true UNC system.

Has it been confirmed that Robinson and May are staying as assistants ?

Quote Originally Posted by TywinBlue View Post
    Has it been confirmed that Robinson and May are staying as assistants ?

UNC fan co-worker told me Friday Robinson is retiring.

King Rice is staying put at Monmouth, after interviewing for the associate position at UNC.
    King Rice has done really well at Monmouth. He was MAAC coach of the year in 2016, 2017, and 2021... but he has never made a NCAA tournament to get a bigger national showcase. I'd think he would be in line for a bigger mid-major job (like an A10, Conf USA, or AAC job) or maybe even a smaller P5 job some time soon. I'm unsure if being on the Carolina bench would have helped in that effort -- it might have -- but I don't blame him at all for deciding to stay on as a head coach. He's actually older (52) than Hubert Davis (50) so he can't really wait for the Carolina job to open up again unless Hubert totally flames out in the next few years.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

King Rice, and I cannot state this more clearly, sucks.

Folks please, try to stay focused.