Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    It would not be my ideal, but I'd be okay with UNC winning 36% of its conference games. My ideal is 0%.
    Don't let good be the enemy of perfect

I too would settle for 36%

Can we just split the difference at 18%? Y’know, for unity and all.

Former Oklahoma big man Brady Manek has committed to UNC. Manek is 6'9" 231 lbs and is a stretch 4. He and Justin McKoy help bolster their frontcourt. Manek could play alongside Armando Bacot. That's a good pickup for them.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Former Oklahoma big man Brady Manek has committed to UNC. Manek is 6'9" 231 lbs and is a stretch 4. He and Justin McKoy help bolster their frontcourt. Manek could play alongside Armando Bacot. That's a good pickup for them.
    Manek is a great shooter as a 4. Terrible rebounder, IIRC. And got pushed around on the defensive side. But he offers them a great shooter, for sure. McKoy is depth. I just dont know if I foresee him being anything other than depth for them.

Good pickup but they are still a mid tier ACC team next year.

Quote Originally Posted by bshrader View Post
    Manek is a great shooter as a 4. Terrible rebounder, IIRC. And got pushed around on the defensive side. But he offers them a great shooter, for sure. McKoy is depth. I just dont know if I foresee him being anything other than depth for them.
    Manek was one of the highest rated transfers available. A good pick up for UNC, and he will modernize their offense above what we normally saw from Roy Williams teams. Defense and rebounding were not his strongest suits, but he's got size and four years of know-how.

Quote Originally Posted by bshrader View Post
    He only shot 42% this year, and got worse over his four years at Oklahoma. He did shoot 37% from 3, which is fine, but frankly shouldn't scare anyone.

If they pair him with Bacot, that will be some seriously questionable hair up front.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    He only shot 42% this year, and got worse over his four years at Oklahoma. He did shoot 37% from 3, which is fine, but frankly shouldn't scare anyone.[/IMG]
    What SHOULD scare us is that he will of course shoot 93% against us.

Brady is a big downgrade from Brooks, and likely a downgrade from Leaky Black at the 4.

If Hubert starts Brady then he is no different from Roy.

This is not exactly fallout-related, but UNC did miss on a primary PG target for 2022, speedy 6'3" Dylan Andrews from LA, who today chose UCLA over UNC, Kansas, Louisville, and others. So that's nice.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Brady is a big downgrade from Brooks, and likely a downgrade from Leaky Black at the 4.

If Hubert starts Brady then he is no different from Roy.
    Cheats we’re going to pick up someone to play sig minutes in the front court. If this guy is it, I’m pleased. Still not convinced Bacot comes back😀

Bacot is ready for the G league. Go get paid big fella.

He also brings one of the best nicknames in college hoops - “Prairie Bird” - due to his likeness to Larry Legend