Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    You left out one of the biggest incentives - College Girls. LOL
    BYU honor code violation.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    The line I kept hearing about Jalen Johnson was "high-risk, high-reward." Could be a great pick, could be a flame out.

Will he be competing with Cameron Reddish for PT or will the Hawks move Reddish?
    The Hawks now have two Duke players that I would have never picked (especially Johnson). However, Johnson will probably not get much of a chance to hurt the team from the G league.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    It is more likely to change for the worse. There were seven college seniors drafted last night. By the time a player gets to be a long-in-the-tooth 22-year old, they become undesirable. Every extra year in college is one less year of potential, one more year to have your game picked apart.

Hurt proved he is a great shooter this year. That is his selling point. He would not be a second round pick in the 2022 draft either. Best for him to get to work and focus 100% on basketball to try to make a push to get into the league or an alternative, lucrative professional position.
    I think Luke Maybe, Ryan Kelly, Kaminsky in recent Years have hurt Hurt and shooting big who don't defend a lick and don't playmake or post up

DukeMBB reporting that DJ has signed a deal with the Sacramento Kings. I haven’t seen the terms, whether it’s a guaranteed deal or just a summer league invite.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    DukeMBB reporting that DJ has signed a deal with the Sacramento Kings. I haven’t seen the terms, whether it’s a guaranteed deal or just a summer league invite.
    its a training camp deal

Quote Originally Posted by cbolden1 View Post
    I think Luke Maybe, Ryan Kelly, Kaminsky in recent Years have hurt Hurt and shooting big who don't defend a lick and don't playmake or post up
    I think Luke Maye (6'8") is a better comp than Kelly (6'11") or Kaminsky (7'0").

I would think Hurt projects as a small forward and not a PF/C at the next level.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    I think Luke Maye (6'8") is a better comp than Kelly (6'11") or Kaminsky (7'0").

I would think Hurt projects as a small forward and not a PF/C at the next level.
    Im talking play style they are all shooters who didn't project to do much else. Hurt doesn't project as a 3, He's a 4. You are the position you can guard in the NBA. Bruce Brown from UMiami is like 6'4 but played some center for the nets this year because he could guard some bigs and fit the scheme. Hurt cannot guard any decent rotational 3's in the nba

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    I’m fascinated, baffled, and amazed that Mason Plumlee is a topic, an item, a trade chip in the draft. Isn’t he in China? Does this mean he gets more millions?
    For some reason, this post really bothers me. Mason Plumlee is a topic because he averaged 10.4 points, 9.3 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game last year in the NBA, while shooting 61.4 percent from the field. In his eighth NBA season. He's played 588 games in the NBA, no games in China and has earned every one of the millions of dollars he's been paid.

Maybe you confused him with his brother Miles, an entirely different human being, with an entirely different career. But this is a Duke board and it shouldn't be that hard to tell them apart on a Duke board.

Back to your regular programming.

For some reason, this post really bothers me. Mason Plumlee is a topic because he averaged 10.4 points, 9.3 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game last year in the NBA, while shooting 61.4 percent from the field. In his eighth NBA season. He's played 588 games in the NBA, no games in China and has earned every one of the millions of dollars he's been paid.

Maybe you confused him with his brother Miles, an entirely different human being, with an entirely different career. But this is a Duke board and it shouldn't be that hard to tell them apart on a Duke board.

Back to your regular programming.
    Miles isn't in China tho either is he?
    I don't think Marshall is either

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    And DJ's long road begins. He will likely play basketball somewhere in the world- the kid does have talent.

Im talking play style they are all shooters who didn't project to do much else. Hurt doesn't project as a 3, He's a 4. You are the position you can guard in the NBA. Bruce Brown from UMiami is like 6'4 but played some center for the nets this year because he could guard some bigs and fit the scheme. Hurt cannot guard any decent rotational 3's in the nba
    Which kinda explains Hurt's current position nicely, doesn't it?

Well, their handle is "accfan" not "dukefan", so possibly that poster isn't following Duke careers as closely as others (or they're a Duke fan but not as engaged with the NBA). In any case, obviously there was a mix up with the various Plumlee brothers, surely we can clarify that confusion without getting nasty about it? It certainly doesn't warrant the level of offense that some people seem to be taking.

Miles truly had one of the more fortuitous contracts in league history. Good for him. Somewhat less good for the Bucks, but hey...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Miles truly had one of the more fortuitous contracts in league history. Good for him. Somewhat less good for the Bucks, but hey...
    He had that one awesome year with Phoenix. Never forget his chasedown block on Demarcus Cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Were you thinking of brother Miles?
    After a 7-year NBA career, Miles has been overseas including a brief stop in China. Last seen in Perth, Australia.

Mason has had a productive NBA career, not a high scorer, but versatile enough to record some triple-doubles. Was starter for the Pistons, and should have a significant role with the Hornets.
    Yes I was. Never post at 1:07am with no sleep. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Matthew Hurt and DJ Steward join the first team all Duke early entry undrafted team.

They’re joined by Trevon Duval and Marques Bolden.
    Add Shavlik Randolph, who went undrafted after leaving after his junior year.

Actually makes a real team. Bolden at the 5, Randolph at the 4, Hurt at the 3, Steward at the 2, Duval at the 1. A nice college lineup.

Lance Thomas, Quinn Cook and Seth Curry all have had productive NBA careers after going undrafted. But all had used up their Duke eligibility and had the maturity to work their way up through the G-League.

Last sighting was playing for the Perth Wildcats. He took a gap year this past year- not really sure what that means but it sounds like a break from the team.

Add Shavlik Randolph, who went undrafted after leaving after his junior year.

Actually makes a real team. Bolden at the 5, Randolph at the 4, Hurt at the 3, Steward at the 2, Duval at the 1. A nice college lineup.

Lance Thomas, Quinn Cook and Seth Curry all have had productive NBA careers after going undrafted. But all had used up their Duke eligibility and had the maturity to work their way up through the G-League.
    And Marty Pocius as well. Was here for four years but decided against using his medical redshirt fifth year to go play overseas.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Since Marshall is with the Army, if he's in China that probably wouldn't be good news for either country.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    And Marty Pocius as well. Was here for four years but decided against using his medical redshirt fifth year to go play overseas.
    If only he stayed for another year he would have been drafted!