Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Dolezaj isn't a big guy, just a tall guy.

-jk
    After getting in front of Zion, he was a horizontal guy.

Tennessee freshman Jaden Springer declares, hires agent

jadenspringer.jpg

The 6-foot-4, 204-pound Springer led the Vols in scoring, averaging 12.5 points. He also led Tennessee shooting 43.5% from 3-point range, making 20-of-46, and with 81 free throws made. He ranked ninth in the Southeastern Conference shooting 81.0% at the line.
    Presumably a first rounder. ESPN lists him 6th among point guards and #27 overall. NBADraft.net has him at #19. Entering the tournament, 247 Sports put him at #9.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    After getting in front of Zion, he was a horizontal guy.
    I think that joke fell kinda flat.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Everything I have read on these boards from fans of the UVa program has indicated Huff and Hauser are gone.
    UVA's Sam Hauser plans to forgo additional eligibility, turn professional

https://richmond.com/sports/college/...25fe321d5.html

https://www.streakingthelawn.com/202...user-going-pro

Quote Originally Posted by Hartford Dukie View Post
    UVA's Sam Hauser plans to forgo additional eligibility, turn professional

https://richmond.com/sports/college/...25fe321d5.html

https://www.streakingthelawn.com/202...user-going-pro
    While I am not surprised at this decision, many had said it was coming, I do think it is worth noting that Hauser does not appear to be much of a NBA prospect. He just does not appear to have the footspeed or overall quickness to be very effective in the NBA. I suspect his future is playing overseas.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    While I am not surprised at this decision, many had said it was coming, I do think it is worth noting that Hauser does not appear to be much of a NBA prospect. He just does not appear to have the footspeed or overall quickness to be very effective in the NBA. I suspect his future is playing overseas.
    Why do you think he's less of a prospect than Matthew Hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Why do you think he's less of a prospect than Matthew Hurt?
    These are mutually exclusive. I'm confused by this response, unless Jason has been espousing Matthew Hurt's NBA potential somewhere else on the board and I missed it.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    These are mutually exclusive. I'm confused by this response, unless Jason has been espousing Matthew Hurt's NBA potential somewhere else on the board and I missed it.
    Isn't the general consensus around here that Hurt will at least make the League, whether or not he excels? Why wouldn't the same apply to Hauser?

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Isn't the general consensus around here that Hurt will at least make the League, whether or not he excels? Why wouldn't the same apply to Hauser?
    Sorry to say, I would be surprised if Hurt makes the league. But Hauser is at least listed on the NBADraft.net Top 100.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Yup, I think Hauser and Hurt are pretty similar prospects with similar problems when it comes to their NBA future. I think Hurt may be a bit more of a shot maker, his percentages are better and he seemed to get his own shot better than Hauser did. Hauser appeared, to my eye, to be a bit better of a rebounder and passer, though neither guy is going to get a NBA contract due to his rebounding.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Well

Yup, I think Hauser and Hurt are pretty similar prospects with similar problems when it comes to their NBA future. I think Hurt may be a bit more of a shot maker, his percentages are better and he seemed to get his own shot better than Hauser did. Hauser appeared, to my eye, to be a bit better of a rebounder and passer, though neither guy is going to get a NBA contract due to his rebounding.
    One key difference is that Hauser is 2.4 years older than Hurt, suggesting that in the long term Hurt is a better prospect. Anybody doubt that if Hurt were to return for his junior and senior seasons he'd be better in his senior season than Sam Hauser was this year?

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    One key difference is that Hauser is 2.4 years older than Hurt, suggesting that in the long term Hurt is a better prospect. Anybody doubt that if Hurt were to return for his junior and senior seasons he'd be better in his senior season than Sam Hauser was this year?
    That's hard to say. It's difficult to imagine Hurt shooting better than 44% from three or 64% from two (which is what he shot this year), so his improvement would have to come at things like passing and rebounding (in both of which Hauser is currently better than Hurt) and/or ballhandling and defense (things Hurt currently isn't very good at but I haven't watched enough of Hauser to know how the two players compare). It's possible Hurt would be exactly Hauser in two years. Which is why I think the only reasonable prediction is that they both have similar pro prospects.

Yup, I think Hauser and Hurt are pretty similar prospects with similar problems when it comes to their NBA future.
    So you think that (a) Hurt is going to declare this year; and (b) he's going to end up playing overseas?

Anyone have an idea of how many student/athletes have declared for the NBA draft so far ? It seems to me that there have been far more than previous years.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Anyone have an idea of how many student/athletes have declared for the NBA draft so far ? It seems to me that there have been far more than previous years.
    Since Carolina's Day'Ron Sharpe declared, that's a trick question.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

bouknight gone

hiring agent. not unexpected.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    bouknight gone

hiring agent. not unexpected.
    No school? No first name?

CBS Sports: UConn star James Bouknight declares as potential top-10 selection

UConn star guard James Bouknight is declaring for the 2021 NBA Draft after averaging 18.7 points this season and leading the Huskies to their first NCAA Tournament appearance since 2016. The 6-foot-5 sophomore is ranked No. 6 in the 2021 NBA Draft Prospect Rankings and went No. 7 in a February mock draft by CBS Sports' Kyle Boone.
    NBADraft.net has him #13. ESPN ranks him 5th among shooting guards and #18 overall.

Stanford’s Zaire Williams is in. Lottery pick.

Yeah, it’s easy to forget that the NBA is looking for something slightly different than “great college basketball players”.

A good example is UVA’s Trey Murphy. Murphy was a very solid player for UVA this year, but not of the caliber or Hurt or Hauser.

On the other hand, Murphy’s 6’9”, hit around 40% of his 3s on good volume, and while not an elite athlete is good enough to dunk with authority and defend better than Hauser or Hurt (Hauser got better as the year went on but it still wasn’t... ahem... a high bar). He’s not as broadly skilled as Hauser or Hurt, but it doesn’t matter because Murphy’s better at the things the NBA would be looking at him to do (guard NBA 3s and 4s and chill at the 3 point line until someone forgets about him and LeBron or whoever decides to make the D pay for doubling him). Hurt being younger than Murphy does give him room to grow.

All these guys declaring for the draft better watch out---the greatest defender in NBA history is coming out of retirement:

Bill Russell announces return to NBA

Last week a team reached out looking for an out of work 6’9 now 6’5, over the hill, Greatest defender in
    @NBA history to fill a spot. Time to get game ready!
    Watch out young guns!

Well this has to be my favorite announcement so far.

Maryland senior Darryl Morsell put out a statement thanking the coaching staff and fans because he's entering the NBA draft.

But to be safe, he's also entering his name in the transfer portal.

Oh, and he also has not ruled out returning to Maryland for a 5th season.

So to recap: Darryl Morsell does not know what he's going to do next year, but he's definitely going to do it.