Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Roy's response.
    Did he really imply Sharpe was undisciplined and unfocused, or was that satire too?

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Did he really imply Sharpe was undisciplined and unfocused, or was that satire too?
    https://twitter.com/UNC_Basketball/s...404041/photo/1

He really did.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Roy's response.
    Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Wow. I thought what CB&B posted was a joke. Roy needs a professional (preferably one who didn't attend UNC) to do some of his PR - that release is a really bad look. As my momma taught me, if you don't have anything nice to say about someone, don't say anything at all.

Nope, accurate. Passive aggression is strong within Ol' Roy.

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Wow. I thought what CB&B posted was a joke. Roy needs a professional (preferably one who didn't attend UNC) to do some of his PR - that release is a really bad look. As my momma taught me, if you don't have anything nice to say about someone, don't say anything at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Nope, accurate. Passive aggression is strong within Ol' Roy.
    Wow, Williams continues to show poor form. It harkens back to his handling of Reggie Bullock's exit.

As the coach and leader, you gotta take the high road. Even if you disagree with the player's decision. Even if you are right about the player's decision (in this case, he's not right).

Wow, Williams continues to show poor form. It harkens back to his handling of Reggie Bullock's exit.
    Drawing a blank on his handling of Bullock's exit. Please share.

Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post
    Drawing a blank on his handling of Bullock's exit. Please share.
    “I did not originally agree with his decision,” UNC head coach Roy Williams says. “I’ve had 12 guys leave early in the last eight years, so I’m not against that at all. But, of those 12 guys, he’s the only guy that wasn’t guaranteed in my mind to be a first-round pick. I told Reggie I didn’t think it was the right thing to do.”

“I did not originally agree with his decision,” UNC head coach Roy Williams says. “I’ve had 12 guys leave early in the last eight years, so I’m not against that at all. But, of those 12 guys, he’s the only guy that wasn’t guaranteed in my mind to be a first-round pick. I told Reggie I didn’t think it was the right thing to do.”
    Thank you.

And as a reminder, Bullock was drafted #25 in the first round in 2013 and has made $18.8 million to date in his career.

As the coach and leader, you gotta take the high road. Even if you disagree with the player's decision. Even if you are right about the player's decision (in this case, he's not right).
    But it’s not poor form in his mind or within the “university”. He is King of Carolina Way and when he demeans a player that player must have deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Agree he will be going after transfers, CDU. In fact isn’t he already? I think I read that he reached out to the Louisville de-commit from Raleigh, although I think that young man already picked another school (Ole Miss maybe?)
    The one Louisville de-commit - Eric Van Der Heijden - is a small forward and verballed to Ole Miss, from the Ole Miss SBNation site.

The other - 6'1" guard Bobby Pettiford - is from South Granville HS in Creedmoor, NC - close to Raleigh but definitely in my county of Granville, between Raleigh and the VA line. Had to stick up for my county! I could not find anything saying where he is going yet.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Ditto. In what universe does Roy saying that reflect well on the program? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    UNC big man enters the draft:

Not sure I totally understand Sharpe's draft prospects. He's a big body at 6'11" 265 who can rebound, but doesn't really do much else (didn't shoot at all from range and has poor FT %). Shooting splits are .523/.000/.505. Per 40 stats are: 20.8 points; 16.3 rebounds; 2.3 assists; 1.7 steals; 1.3 blocks; 4.2 TOs; 4.0 PFs. Vernon Carey is an inch shorter and 5 lbs heavier at 6'10" 270, with shooting splits of .590/.381/.670 at Duke and per 40 stats of 27.2 points; 13.5 rebounds; 1.8 assists; 1.2 steals; 1.9 blocks; 3.4 TOs; 4.6 PFs last year. So Carey is a MUCH better scorer and has shown 3pt ability, which is valued in an NBA big, but was only a second round pick. Is 3 extra rebounds per 40 (they are basically a wash everywhere else) enough to offset the lack of offense? They are similar age for their years (Carey relatively slightly younger), they seem to have similar measurables in terms of wingspan, etc. I may be missing something else, but this doesn't seem like a sure fire first rounder to me. Maybe just part of the overall exodus?

Maybe the NBA wants big guys they can put in front of Zion! A special assignment.

-jk

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Maybe the NBA wants big guys they can put in front of Zion! A special assignment.

-jk
    Cannon fodder.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

-jk
    Or perhaps big guys who can be posterized by Zion?

Or perhaps big guys who can be posterized by Zion?
    This are easy to find, but sort of like those disposable cameras from weddings fifteen years ago - you don't get a lot of repeat customers.

Soph guard Tre Mann of Florida declared, to the surprise of nobody. First rounder.

-jk
    You may want to ask Marek Dolezaj how that turns out.

https://clutchpoints.com/duke-news-s...cal-attention/

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    You may want to ask Marek Dolezaj how that turns out.

https://clutchpoints.com/duke-news-s...cal-attention/
    Dolezaj isn't a big guy, just a tall guy.

-jk