Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    There's always Sacramento. I note that nbadraft.net (for whatever that may be worth) has him going to Charlotte in the first round, which is so very perfect and predictable it makes me squeak.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    While you're right that this is common for the top picks, I think Johnson would be making a big mistake by turning down the opportunity to play. This is a guy who not only has major questions to answer about his game -- which to most observers was less (or much less) than it was expected to be at Duke -- but even more significantly about his character and commitment, given his quitting on Duke mid-season following his back-and-forth high school career. Were he to take the "I don't have anything to prove, so I'm not playing at the combine" option, there would likely be many teams who would drop him further down their board than he's already fallen. And probably deservedly so.
    He didn't seem to embrace the competition at Duke. I don't think he'll embrace it at the Combine either.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    He didn't seem to embrace the competition at Duke. I don't think he'll embrace it at the Combine either.
    I just hope he takes over for Kyrie as "most disliked Duke player in the NBA."

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    He will almost certainly try to do that in individual workouts for teams and especially in interviews with GMs and scouts. But there is almost no chance he will play at the combine. He may get measured and even do some of the athletic drills, but he ain't playing. No potential lottery pick plays at the combine. If his agent tells him to play then he needs to get a new agent.

-Jason "Jalen ain't falling lower than maybe 20... his athletic gifts are just too much for the NBA to let him drop. Even if there are attitude question marks, he ain't slipping outside of the top 20" Evans
    The smart money is definitely on Jalen opting out.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    The smart money is definitely on Jalen opting out.
    Ouch. True, but ouch.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club