Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    What will Hunter Dickinson do?
    No announcement but the assumption is that he will be back at Michigan.

Carlik Jones testing the waters. For Duke’s sake let’s hope he finds the waters just fine.

Scottie Barnes going pro with an agent. To the surprise of nobody.

Mac McClung entering the draft..and the transfer portal. Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_Wilson View Post
    I just do not get the McClung love. He’s dynamic and good at drawing fouls, but he’s not actually a particularly good outside shooter and lives to play hero ball. Plus he’s way too small to play the 2 in the NBA and wasn’t a particularly good passer. Edwards had a higher assist rate and all the other starters were pretty close to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_Wilson View Post
    He's not the only one--some players are doing that to "keep all options open." For McClung, I guess he's saying there's no way he's going back to Texas Tech: either he likes the feedback he gets in the predraft process and goes pro, or he'll find a new college program.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    He's not the only one--some players are doing that to "keep all options open." For McClung, I guess he's saying there's no way he's going back to Texas Tech: either he likes the feedback he gets in the predraft process and goes pro, or he'll find a new college program.
    So he transfers from GT, presumably to get more PT. Gets more PT and does well, so he's transferring again?

Not a fan of Dominic Monaghan lite.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    So he transfers from GT, presumably to get more PT. Gets more PT and does well, so he's transferring again?

Not a fan of Dominic Monaghan lite.

Is this a "second breakfast" joke? If not, I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Is this a "second breakfast" joke? If not, I don't get it.
    No. They look very similar IMO.

mcclung.jpg

I think the additional factor is that his coach at Texas Tech just left to take the job at Texas. Not unusual for players to transfer after a coaching change.

I don't think he transferred from Georgetown to get more playing time. He was a full-time starter and star scorer at Georgetown both of his two years there. I think it was genuinely a case of being unhappy in general there, along with it being a really bad season.

So he transferred to Texas Tech, and then the coach he transferred to at Texas Tech left the program for Texas after this year, which probably explains the openness to transfer now; he doesn't have the situation he chose to come to anymore.

Maybe he'll go pro, maybe he'll transfer (Texas would make sense), maybe the new coach at Texas Tech will convince him to stay, but he appears to be keeping all his options open.

Aaron Henry from MSU enters draft, signing with an agent

https://twitter.com/BFQuinn/status/1381659691198132227

Aaron Henry announces he declaring for the draft and will forego his senior year at MSU. Based on nothing but opinion, seems like a late-first round or early/mid-second round pick.

Alan Griffin, AJ’s brother, is testing the waters and signing with an agent. I had also missed it, but apparently Dolezaj has decided not to stay for his extra year. With Richmond also transferring out, Syracuse is going to look a lot different next year.

Trey Murphy III from UVA has declared but maintains eligibility. If he ends up going, UVA will look radically different in 2021 than in 2020. Now it's just dramatically different.

https://twitter.com/Treymurphyiii/st...96484741193728

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Alan Griffin, AJ’s brother, is testing the waters and signing with an agent. I had also missed it, but apparently Dolezaj has decided not to stay for his extra year. With Richmond also transferring out, Syracuse is going to look a lot different next year.
    So, is he testing the waters or is he signing with an agent?

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    You can sign with an agent and return now. They updated the rule a couple years ago. The agent has to have the proper certifications and the player must end the relationship if they return to school. Agents can also pay for meals and transportation for players and their families if the agent and state laws permit it (as part of the agent selection process and as part of the NBA process).

Legitimate question...what could be delaying the Hurt announcement? I'm not devaluing the importance of a decision like this, but I feel the consensus is that, at very very least, he will test the draft. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I was quoting what the article from a Syracuse site said. I wasn’t exactly sure, so I quoted.

HUGE NEWS!!!!!

Mark Williams just tweeted this ---> https://twitter.com/MarkWi1liams/sta...96588293611524

(Shhhh, don't tell anyone but I have no idea what this means... but it is better than seeing him tweet "I'm thinking about it" or something like that)
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    HUGE NEWS!!!!!

Mark Williams just tweeted this ---> https://twitter.com/MarkWi1liams/sta...96588293611524

(Shhhh, don't tell anyone but I have no idea what this means... but it is better than seeing him tweet "I'm thinking about it" or something like that)
    Ahhh the ambiguity!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    HUGE NEWS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bshrader View Post
    Ahhh the ambiguity!!!!
    If you really are going to try to decipher William's tweet, it's probably worth considering that it was in response to Henry Coleman's tweet that was just the following emoticon

;(

or perhaps it is the other way around?
    Last edited by Owen Meany; 04-16-2021 at 08:49 AM.