Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell

2021 Women’s NCAA Tournament

Creating a new thread, since it isn’t really relevant to post under DWBB 2020-2021!

First day, as Uh No said, was chalk. The non-parity in the women’s game is coming through again.

First upset has occurred on day 2, as #11 BYU came back from 7 down in the 4th to beat #6 Rutgers. (Couldn’t happen to a “nicer” coach.)

Wright State (#13) is up over #4 Arkansas by 12cat the half. Had a couple of ones like this yesterday, but the higher seed pulled it out.

And #7 Alabama beat the #10 Evil Cheating Smurfs from down the road. Awww, too bad.

ACC was 4-2 yesterday (wake and FSU losing), with Louisville the only one still to play.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    And #7 Alabama beat the #10 Evil Cheating Smurfs from down the road. Awww, too bad.
    Makes my day.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Creating a new thread, since it isn’t really relevant to post under DWBB 2020-2021!

First day, as Uh No said, was chalk. The non-parity in the women’s game is coming through again.

First upset has occurred on day 2, as #11 BYU came back from 7 down in the 4th to beat #6 Rutgers. (Couldn’t happen to a “nicer” coach.)

Wright State (#13) is up over #4 Arkansas by 12cat the half. Had a couple of ones like this yesterday, but the higher seed pulled it out.

ACC was 4-2 yesterday (wake and FSU losing), with Louisville the only one still to play.
    there is more at the top this year. the 2 and 3 seeds IMO are stronger than they have been, or perhaps the teams at the top aren't as dominant...but there still is a much larger falloff than there is in the mens game.
    April 1

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    there is more at the top this year. the 2 and 3 seeds IMO are stronger than they have been, or perhaps the teams at the top aren't as dominant...but there still is a much larger falloff than there is in the mens game.
    Should have clarified; the top seeds are far above the bottom ones. Haven't checked history, but it's unlikely to see many double-digit wins over top four seeds (I know Harvard -> Stanford as a 16-1, but that was a relatively long time ago.)

However, unlike previous years, it's relatively wide open as to who will win. As you mentioned, I could see just about any of the top 12 or so teams come out on top.

NCSU losing early in 2Q. Don't expect it to last...USF has hit like 6 3's already.
    April 1

NCSU losing early in 2Q. Don't expect it to last...USF has hit like 6 3's already.
    South Florida has a very solid mid-major program. I also would expect State to surge somewhere down the line. But they need to take this team seriously.

Someone also needs to give Cunane a wake-up call.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    South Florida has a very solid mid-major program. I also would expect State to surge somewhere down the line. But they need to take this team seriously.

Someone also needs to give Cunane a wake-up call.
    Totally agree with their solidity.
    Though, given that uconn was playing the AAC as late as last year, i'm not sure the conference is flying under the radar, or that the "mid major" moniker really means much in women's basketball, at least on the conference level. I'd assume state had them well scouted.
    April 1

in the mean time, Iowa is ROFLstomping UK...up 27 at halftime...49-22

It's some good shooting 7-10 from 3...but even without that they're still winning. the biggest thing is UK is 8-37 from the floor...and poor shooting in a fast game is a good way to get your doors blown off.
    April 1

Pack pulling ahead in the 3rd Q. 59-47.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Paige Bueckers for the win.

That is all...

Quote Originally Posted by TywinBlue View Post

That is all...
    Michigan-Tennessee could be a really good game. Michigan's Naz Hillmon might be the best player in the country.

Michigan-Tennessee could be a really good game. Michigan's Naz Hillmon might be the best player in the country.
    The AP would disagree with you, but I agree, her not making first team was quite the slight.
    April 1

The AP would disagree with you, but I agree, her not making first team was quite the slight.
    Maybe I disagree with AP.

Maybe I disagree with AP.
    haha. I can say, I am significantly biased as to who I think the best player in the country is.
    April 1

That is all...
    UConn 83 Cuse 47

Paige the frosh: 20 points 3 steals 5 rebounds 4 assists 2 to 9/9 fts

For the win...that is all

UConn 83 Cuse 47

Paige the frosh: 20 points 3 steals 5 rebounds 4 assists 2 to 9/9 fts

For the win...that is all
    1 seed beats 8 seed in women's basketball, dog bites man.

Iowa upsets Kentucky.

Caitlin the frosh: 35 points 7 rebounds 6 assists

THAT is all.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    1 seed beats 8 seed in women's basketball, dog bites man.

Iowa upsets Kentucky.

Caitlin the frosh: 35 points 7 rebounds 6 assists

THAT is all.
    And, I believe I heard, the halftime score had her beating Kentucky 24 - 22.

eta - this is correct - I double checked.
    Last edited by DukieInKansas; 03-24-2021 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    And, I believe I heard, the halftime score had her beating Kentucky 24 - 22.

eta - this is correct - I double checked.
    Caitlin's winning.

clap-clap-clap-clap

Caitlin's winning.

Northwestern - a team shooting 26% from three to this point - is making it rain down on Louisville, going 5-5 from deep and leading after one quarter 25-10. Northwestern also has six blocks in the first period (they average 4 blocks per GAME). I gotta believe Louisville can turn this around, but 10 minutes in, they've dug themselves quite a hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Northwestern - a team shooting 26% from three to this point - is making it rain down on Louisville, going 5-5 from deep and leading after one quarter 25-10. Northwestern also has six blocks in the first period (they average 4 blocks per GAME). I gotta believe Louisville can turn this around, but 10 minutes in, they've dug themselves quite a hole.

They undug it.