Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Falcon and the Winter Soldier

For discussion purposes when others have watched. Probably fair to leave out or hide spoilers for the time being.

I liked the first episode even though it seems like it was mostly laying background for the episodes to come.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Liked how much quiet time there was, liked how it seems to deal with social issues, and I actually appreciated how much cursing there was.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Ha!!!!

Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Thoroughly enjoyed it. Liked how much quiet time there was, liked how it seems to deal with social issues, and I actually appreciated how much cursing there was.
    Yeah, I like that it feels a little more adult oriented. On the other hand, these aren't really any of my favorite characters so I'm having some trouble getting invested in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Yeah, I like that it feels a little more adult oriented. On the other hand, these aren't really any of my favorite characters so I'm having some trouble getting invested in the show.
    Same here. Also, is it just me or did the quarreling and bickering between Sam and Bucky grow tiresome? It felt overdone to me. I'm still on board but hoping it grabs my interest a little more.
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Bttt

Another decent episode. Not great, but good. I’m hoping the location of most of this weeks episode is a sign of things to come.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I've found 75% of the characters to be really annoying. Even though some of them are obviously designed to be that way, such as Walker, it is an annoying turn off to the show overall. In comparison, at three episodes in, the premise of WandaVision was annoying me, but the characters were engaging enough that they kept me coming back.
    Right now for F&WS, I'm happy that there are only three more episodes to go. Hopefully that changes quickly.

I do enjoy Erin Kellyman. She was great in Solo as Enfys Nest; and while she isn't too far from that same character here, she's been given room to show off her range a little more. (PS, we'll see her next on TV in an adaptation of Willow, which could be fun.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Ep 4 stepped it up a notch. I was not unhappy.

Definitely picking it up a bit. Good ep.

"It's just Falcon, kid. Don't compare me to that former UNC basketball player."

Really enjoyed this weeks episode. Interesting guest appearance as well.

And there is a mid credit scene after this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    And there is a mid credit scene after this episode.
    Oh I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this., there was? I missed it!

Yeah, interesting to see... SPOILER TIME...

The show is basically a setup for moving Sam from Falcon to Captain America. I'm fine with that.

Overall the show has been solid... not AMAZING, but solid. Shockingly little action, which I am okay with... I like a character driven show anyway, and the shows CAN be character driven at times when the movies cannot be.

Interesting note on the guest star, btw... she is apparently in the Black Widow movie. Thoughts are that she is assembling a counter-Avengers team.

Well, the guest star was supposed to debut in Black Widow. There is now a question on if they will cut those scenes since the guest has now been introduced.

Agree with Lord Ash’s other comments. Series has been very character driven and I have liked how it has tackled race issues as well.

Looking forward to the season finale (I think there may be a second season for it being planned).

Judging by the lack of posts here, I wonder what the lack of interest in this show vs Wanda Vision is due to.

Judging by the lack of posts here, I wonder what the lack of interest in this show vs Wanda Vision is due to.
    Wanda Vision had the advantage of coming out during peak pandemic when we all wanted something new to watch.

Falcon came out in Spring, during March Madness, while people are eager to get back outside their houses

Guessing that the box Bucky brought Sam contains a Wakandan made Black Pantheresque Captain America suit. Or maybe one of those herbs, either would come in handy fighting against the rest of the Flag Smashers (and Walker) in the finale.

I’m guessing a new Falcon Suit that has a stars and stripe paint scheme so it can still be used when he’s the new Cap.

I don't even think it will be a Falcon suit. I think it will straight up be a Captain America suit. I mean, maybe not officially, but I think Sam is it.

I’m guessing a new Falcon Suit that has a stars and stripe paint scheme so it can still be used when he’s the new Cap.
    Yeah, I’m thinking it’s a combo suit.