Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Wanda Vision had the advantage of coming out during peak pandemic when we all wanted something new to watch.

Falcon came out in Spring, during March Madness, while people are eager to get back outside their houses
    I mean, I think the premise of Falcon/Winter Soldier is just less interesting on it's face. There was a huge mystery/intrigue factor with Wanda Vision (plus the sitcom gimmick in the beginning) that just isn't really present here. If other people are anything like me (seems unlikely) the lack of interest is just because the show doesn't seem all that exciting (and to be honest I don't think the cast is as strong either).

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I mean, I think the premise of Falcon/Winter Soldier is just less interesting on it's face. There was a huge mystery/intrigue factor with Wanda Vision (plus the sitcom gimmick in the beginning) that just isn't really present here. If other people are anything like me (seems unlikely) the lack of interest is just because the show doesn't seem all that exciting (and to be honest I don't think the cast is as strong either).
    Agreed... Falcon/WS is just a very straight-forward show. Wandavision, there was a LOT to talk about and theorize about.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Agreed... Falcon/WS is just a very straight-forward show. Wandavision, there was a LOT to talk about and theorize about.
    Yep.

There are some nice aspects of F&WS, though. I applaud Disney/Marvel for going straight at the racial angles - the commentary on racial issues was often pretty explicit, or at least can't-miss-it references, something they've tended to avoid, while not being over-the-top farcical - it might have been tempting to make Walker a racist caricature, for instance.

It's also notable that they've tried to make a villain (Carli) with real motivation, beyond the usual power-hungry, evil, greedy monster - ok, Thanos has a supposed philosophy, but c'mon. Unfortunately I don't think it's come off that well - they were calling her "radicalized" by the last episode, but she doesn't really seem that different - she and the Flag-smashers have been acting pretty much the same throughout. Compare that to Walker's development, for instance, and it comes up pretty short.

Couple random thoughts/questions while waiting for the last episode:

Spoiler!

I think Sam gets a “cap suit” that makes him strong enough to compete with the supers. Hence, the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    I think Sam gets a “cap suit” that makes him strong enough to compete with the supers. Hence, the box.
    Yeah, that’s all he really needs. A nice super suit to go along with the shield. I think there is a 0% chance they give him the heart-shaped herb.

Good final episode with some interesting loose threads.

Overall enjoyed the season but
    Spoiler!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Spoiler!
    I think that whole storyline could have been left on the cutting room floor.

I thought overall it wrapped up very well, and unlike Wandavision, it could easily have a second season.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Spoiler!
    Spoiler!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Spoiler!
    Spoiler!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Spoiler!
    Oohhh. I like it!

Ehhhh... they took two of the least interesting characters in the MCU and made a mildly interesting story about them. It was fine but nothing special.

I too was quite put off by the person who was the Power Broker and felt it did not make any sense at all. I am sure it will turn out that whole thing plays into the Secret Invasion storyline but it was still poorly executed in this program.

They could have left out all the Madripoor stuff, all the stuff involving Sam's family boat, and a couple other side plots and easily had enough for a movie. There wasn't enough here for a TV show... and it showed.

-Jason "is John Walker's US Agent going to be a good guy now? Cause he wasn't anywhere close to being a good guy in this show" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?