Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Ga Tech is in a dog fight. Now I know why so many people picked Loyola. Have to think Wright would have made a difference in this game. But Alvarado is trying to will them to victory.

On a related note, I am glad Josh Pastner’s flash cards made it to Indy.
    Another ACC loss- not good for revenue sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Yeah, losing Moses Wright was backbreaking. On top of being their best player, he was their only inside presence and one of a short rotation in general.

Tech could return a bunch of extra-year seniors next year. If they do, Pastner could finally make some noise.
    I feel like it's gonna be ALL of them, or NONE of them. They seem like too close-knit a group to do anything else.

My money is on "go" and GT being yuck-tastic next year.

This could be Black Friday for the ACC.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Another ACC loss- not good for revenue sharing.
    Plenty more to come. Hoping for a league return to "glory" next season. I'm chalking this year up as the final Covid sports casualty.

State is still alive in the NIT. Go Pack!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Yeah, losing Moses Wright was backbreaking. On top of being their best player, he was their only inside presence and one of a short rotation in general.

Tech could return a bunch of extra-year seniors next year. If they do, Pastner could finally make some noise.
    Rule made sense at the time but now after seeing the season it seems odd to me that seniors get another year. From what I saw the senior led teams benefited the most from the weird year having familiarity together and it was the freshman who were unable to as quickly get the feel of the college game. I think you could argue that if any class should get an extra year, it would be the freshman who didn't have the ability to ramp up to games while seniors and other older players are well aware of how to keep themselves ready inside their basketball program.

Seniors next year for a 5th year just makes it another * year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Outlaw View Post
    Rule made sense at the time but now after seeing the season it seems odd to me that seniors get another year. From what I saw the senior led teams benefited the most from the weird year having familiarity together and it was the freshman who were unable to as quickly get the feel of the college game. I think you could argue that if any class should get an extra year, it would be the freshman who didn't have the ability to ramp up to games while seniors and other older players are well aware of how to keep themselves ready inside their basketball program.

I agree with you. Seems the rule was made when they expected a significant number of players to opt out. But did any opt out? I’m certainly not aware of any players of consequence who did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I can only hope!

ACC looking bad,but goooo Badgers!

Since this isn't the Jinx Thread, I gotta say... Badgers shoot against UNC the way UNC shoots against us.

For some reason I am enjoying this Wisconsin Badgers game very much. I'm not usually a Big-whatever conference fan, but this game has just been wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Outlaw View Post

Realistically, we're going to see 5th year seniors for 4 years, right? Could be an unusual situation (and a relative headwind for us) for a while.

It’s over. Roy putting in the walk ons. What a wonderful game! The only time I will pull for the Big.

Fabuloso. Great start to the weekend
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Old school butt whoopin

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    It’s over. Roy putting in the walk ons. What a wonderful game! The only time I will pull for the Big.
    Ends the season on a two-game losing streak...that’s a shame.

Wisconsin just walked the dogs on Carolina 85-62.

The ACC has looked like a JV high school team conference today in the 2021 NCAA Tournament.

Bad coaching. Heels just didn’t do what Roy told them to do.

UNC-Wisky

Heels looked good!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    It’s never Black Friday when that lighter shade of blue is on the end of another 20 point thrashing in the tourney. A tradition like no other.